Matrix Screensaver and PocketCandySP B1.2 (motbe)

Guest benjymous

Guest gizmoy2k
ok, i have writen a cab file that will install the files in the right locations, edit the registary and install the screen savers..

Have a look on my site...

Cant find the cab file on your link mate, do you know where it is??

EDIT

DOh just found it, the like is on top of the graphics which makes it hard to see.

Cheers mate

Guest Dave DR

sorry about that, the site works perfectly on an SPV, dont understand why it dont work on normal IE.. I have been asked to withdraw the Cab file by motbe, and as it is his software in it i have no choice.. sorry all.. if you have downloaded it before 20mins of this message then you have an incorrect version of the cab. If you are having really difficulty instaling these aps and Screensavers i can send u the Cab file just so you can have it set up correctly...

Guest sprouts42
sorry about that, the site works perfectly on an SPV, dont understand why it dont work on normal IE.. I have been asked to withdraw the Cab file by motbe, and as it is his software in it i have no choice.. sorry all.. if you have downloaded it before 20mins of this message then you have an incorrect version of the cab. If you are having really difficulty instaling these aps and Screensavers i can send u the Cab file just so you can have it set up correctly...

Sorry, can you clear this up for me, I downloaded the cab, will it work?

Guest Dave DR

the one on there atm will work. i will have to take it off tomorrow morning, when i get to work. so get it why you can! that version works perfectly!!

Guest motbe

Thanks Dave DR. Hope there's no hard feelings. I did appreciate you making that initial cab file. It gave me a few ideas (and was one reason I created a second cab using the IPSM dir)

I got the chance to make a few changes to the app tonight, incorporating some of today's suggestions, and I've put together an initial cab file for the install. I actually created two cabs, one that installs to Program FilesPocketCandy and the other that installs to IPSMProgram FilesPocketCandy

While reading the developer docs, it appears safe to install just to Program Files, but based on suggestions from others, I went ahead and included a separate IPSM version too. The docs say that IPSM is actually something custom to the phone itself, so different manufacturers might name that directory something other than IPSM. So if it's possible not to put things there, that'd be best.

Okay, you can download the new cab file(s) at:

http://www16.brinkster.com/motbe/ce/beta.asp

I'll include other screensavers of mine if they're found to be compatible with the SmartPhone (there's another post relating to "Other Screensavers" already)

Please let me know if the CAB files install properly (and if PocketCandy runs fine afterwards). Thanks!

BTW: Yesterday, I inadvertantly left the Matrix screensaver running all evening and it flattened my battery completely! So, I put my phone on charge over night and set the usual 5 or 6 appointments in calendar for my alarms for the following morning, but didn't get any alarms as the screen saver was running (fortunately, woke up at 7:30 anyway - a little late but not so bad!). Anyway, closed the screensaver and saw the four reminder windows sat there waiting to be cancelled, but hadn't heard a peep out of the phone.

Now, it could just be that I slept *really* heavily last night, but I don't think so.... I'll try some experimenting this evening - better not do it now as it would probably *really* annoy my work mates ;o)

Hax

Motbe: Just trying your .cab file now, sounds like excellent stuff!

I have to say that I'm impressed at the speed in which you made the changes to the Pocket Candy code to move it over to Smartphone, and without having a handset to test it on. Good work fella! 8)

Guest ClintEastman
BTW:  Yesterday, I inadvertantly left the Matrix screensaver running all evening and it flattened my battery completely!  So, I put my phone on charge over night and set the usual 5 or 6 appointments in calendar for my alarms for the following morning, but didn't get any alarms as the screen saver was running (fortunately, woke up at 7:30 anyway - a little late but not so bad!).  Anyway, closed the screensaver and saw the four reminder windows sat there waiting to be cancelled, but hadn't heard a peep out of the phone.

Now, it could just be that I slept *really* heavily last night, but I don't think so....  I'll try some experimenting this evening - better not do it now as it would probably *really* annoy my work mates ;o)

Hax

Mate, i forgot i left it running and got no alarms this morning!!!!

Turned up for work 1 hour late! Woops..... :)

:) Glad it wasn't just me - luckily I was only ten minutes late into work this morning - but did have to floor it along the M27 this morning which I don't like doing......

Hax

Guest Croccy22

Motbe - How do you get your matrix screensaver to turn on the backlight when it loads up??. Also how does pocketcandy detect when the phone/device is running off the power??

The reason I ask is that I was going to see if I could make it possible so that when the aquarium screensaver loads it turns on the backlight, and then if it is on battery power it will down off again after say a couple of minutes, but if it is running off the mains it will stay on until you press a particular button. (Don't want the light on all night, will drive me bonkers!!!)

Matt

Guest motbe
Motbe - How do you get your matrix screensaver to turn on the backlight when it loads up??. Also how does pocketcandy detect when the phone/device is running off the power??

The reason I ask is that I was going to see if I could make it possible so that when the aquarium screensaver loads it turns on the backlight, and then if it is on battery power it will down off again after say a couple of minutes, but if it is running off the mains it will stay on until you press a particular button. (Don't want the light on all night, will drive me bonkers!!!)

Matt

I'm not sure exactly why the backlight turns on when the Matrix gets launched. It doesn't really do that on the PocketPC (it leaves the backlight exactly where it was last at.) I'll look through my code tonight and see if I can find something that might do that.

The battery power thing was either a piece of code I picked up off the net somewhere or something I found in the help files. Here's the general gist:

SYSTEM_POWER_STATUS_EX sps;

GetSystemPowerStatusEx(&sps, TRUE);

if (sps.ACLineStatus != 1) {

// Is On Battery Power

} else {

// Is On A/C Power

}

Guest motbe

I'll look into the reminders thing tonight when I get home. There's a similar problem that happens on the PocketPC, but it's not consistent. 99% of the time the reminders pop up for me, so it's quite hard to track.

I figure it's probably similar to a problem that I've heard Gapi Game developers have (both screensavers and games are usually full-screen resource intensive apps), but no dice either trying to figure it out.

My suggestion for now might be, if you know you're going to have an important appointment in the next few hours, then disable PocketCandy during that time (set the Screensaver to ) I do that to make sure the alarm goes off in the morning if I'm using my PocketPC as my alarm clock...

Guest Croccy22

motbe. I have recently modified my Aquarium screensaver so that if a call or reminder or anything pops up the screen saver will automatically shutdown.

This is a new feature in gapidraw 2.

Matt

Guest sprouts42

This is amazing, a fantastic proggie, well done.

One question. If I leave this on will it turn off after a while or does it keep going? Its going to kill the battery if not, cheers motbe and Dave DR.

Guest mike-oh

yeah i'd love to have the back light stay on for the aquarium one. Especially with me having buggered power management settings so i can't set it manually any more. It'l be interesting to c what gets released soon!

Guest dinoalbert

I got confused as this thread gets longer everyday hehe.

So motbe, which version is most recommended...the one that install Pocketcandy to IPSMProgram FilesPocketCandy or the one that goes to Program Files only?

Also, does the Pocketcandy cab file already include the Mtarix screensaver? How do I install then the Aquarium SS so PocketCandy can also use it?

BTW, I am already using the Aquarium and Matrix SS the first time they came out here at Modaco (and it's still in my phone)...before Motbe and PocketCandy came. Now before I install this PocketCandy cab file....do I need to remove first the Aquarium and Matrix SS that I installed before?

Thank you very much...

Guest Jon@z

:) :( THANK YOU MOTBE......This app. is SOOOO 8)

...and with only an emulator do it!!! Respect is the first thing that comes to mind.

Keep it up. You're an inspiration.

Cheers

Jon@z

Guest motbe

Thanks Jon@z! :)

dinoalbert:

Well, I've heard various things from various people, and since as Jon@z mentioned, I'm only working from the emulator, I'm trying to figure out what's best. In the "Screensaver" thread that just became a sticky, it's been mentioned that things should be installed to the phone, but nothing was specified whether to use the IPSM version or not. I did have one person email me to let me know that's the version they used, and it worked. So far today there've been 54 downloads of the standard version and 21 of the IPSM one. So I'm assuming they're both working, with the exception of the "Load at Startup" option which I'll hopefully get some changes made to tonight so that it works properly. Anyone got any advice on this?

As far as whether to take the old versions off, that's your choice. If you want to be able to launch one on Demand, go ahead and leave them on. It shouldn't interfere with PocketCandy.

The Matrix Screensaver's included in the PocketCandy cab file, and as I make my other screensavers compatible, I'll include those too.

Guest Dave DR

motbe... do you want my INF file to make the Cab file? it will let you choose where the files are installed? no need for 2 versions on the site?

Guest motbe

Sure, that'd be great Dave! I think I initially created two versions because the Documentation recommends one thing, and the word on the street recommended the other.

Guest Dave DR

[Version] 

Signature = "$Windows NT$" 

Provider = "-" 

CESignature = "$Windows CE$" 

[CEStrings] 

AppName = "Screen Saver Package" 

[CEDevice.ARM720] 

ProcessorType = 0 

[DefaultInstall] 

CEShortcuts = Shortcuts.All 

[SourceDisksNames] 

1 = ,"Common files",, 

[SourceDisksFiles] 

CandyDaemon.exe = 1 

PocketCandySP.exe = 1 

Aquarium.exe = 1

gd201.dll = 1

MatrixCE.exe = 1

[CEStrings] 

AppName = Screen Saver Package 

InstallDir =IPSMWindows,IPSMWindowsStartUp

[Shortcuts.All] 

Pocket Candy,0,PocketCandySP.exe

[DefaultInstall] 

CopyFiles = CopyToHomeDir,CopyTostartup

AddReg = RegSettings.All

[DestinationDirs] 

CopyToHomeDir = 0,IPSMWindows

Shortcuts.All = 0,IPSMWindowsStart Menu 

CopyTostartup = 0,IPSMWindowsStartUp

[CopyToHomeDir] 

"PocketCandySP.exe", PocketCandySP.exe

"gd201.dll",gd201.dll

"MatrixCE.scr",MatrixCE.exe

"Aquarium.scr",Aquarium.exe

[CopyTostartup]

"CandyDaemon.exe", CandyDaemon.exe

[RegSettings.All]

HKLM,SoftwareStrickland ConsultingPocketCandy,Screen Saver Dir,0x00000000,IPSMwindows; Screen Saver Dir = "IPSMwindows"

ok, here you are, it will do the registry edit, place the files win the correct dir and give you and option where u can choose if its the storage card or phone memory...

you may want to delete a few bits, but its up to you,,,,

Guest StoutMan

so let me get this right.....

I have installed the program got it working perfectly.with all 3 screen savers working..

I have installed it on my internal phone memory.

Can I install it on my storage card and still get it working ?

what I love about it is that the screen saver come on when its being chrge via the main but doesn't come on when I'm mobile.

Now thats good :)

Guest motbe

Sorry guys, no new release tonight. Tomorrow night I should have time to finish up a few more changes to the install to get it finalized. I've also got a lead on fixing the reminder problem, so that'll be included too..

I had guitar shopping on my mind tonight, so had to take a break from PocketCandy....