Google / LG Nexus 4

Discuss issues specific to the LG Nexus 4 in here.

78 topics in this forum

• 35 replies
    • 639 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 1 reply
    • 2 replies
    • 1 reply
  1. KitKat 4 problems

• 1 reply
  2. Kit Kat for Nexus 4

• 8 replies
    • 1 reply
  3. What's your favorite Nexus 4 ROM?

• 2 replies
  4. Kit-Kat watch

• 1 reply
  5. Kit-Kat watch

• 9 replies
  6. UK Tap-To-Pay?

• 6 replies
  7. GoogleHome.apk

• 0 replies
    • 50 replies
    • 1 reply
  8. Kitchen Down?

• 10 replies
    • 2 replies
  9. Root a Nexus 4 ?

• 4 replies
    • 4 replies
  10. Root a Nexus 4 ?

• 0 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 5 replies
  • Social

• Articles

• Topics

• YES! My Hudl 1 has got past the setup process (at long last)! Massive congratulations to everyone on this forum for working together to figure out the nature of the technical side of the failure and keeping pressure on Tesco to support this much loved line of tablets... Was holding off mentioning it until I saw how it played out but I'd been in contact with the BBC (producer of "Rip Off Britain) and they were interested in this case, but then have gone quiet in recent days... I reckon Tesco have probably told them that they are sorting it so it's no longer a story worth the BBC's time and effort to follow up on. I suspect that Tesco's have been contacted by several media outlets recently and this may have contributed to a change of heart with regards to continued technical support for the Hudl line. As others have mentioned though, hope this doesn't come back around in a few years time when management changes and they look to shave a few quid off of their tech support budgets... Team effort in action! Great stuff!
    • At last!  I did the exact same thing as razzler (learned that lesson from so many previous attempts!) and my hudl1 is working.  The only extra thing I did was to disable Chrome and install the Via browser which is much more lightweight.    Just want to say a huge thank you to everyone on this thread and to the other MoDaCo members over the last few years who posted solutions that helped us find workarounds until the final solution was found. You are all stars and a perfect example to our current government of how working together can achieve results (sorry for getting political!). 
    • Ask Paul to tweet this thread out for a bigger Audience
    • Progress at last - a nice demonstration of the power of social media.....well done to everyone who contributed. The only questions now are a) whether Tesco's mods will allow all affected HUDLs to be setup correctly...and b) when they are likely to switch their servers off/withdraw support again.....suggest we get the message out to as many folks with factory-reset machines as possible -  just in case this is sooner rather than later. FYI, I can report another successful setup - HUDL1 details are v4.2.2;  Kernel 3.0.36+; Build JDQ39.20140424.153851
    • Yes, I have found this to be the case for hudl2s too, however it's not always that straightforward - sometimes the Play Store and Google Play Services seem to update themselves in the background like you say, and in this case, yes, the play store will start working after a while and it is possible to kick off all the other app updates (and there's no specific NEED to disable certain apps, only if you yourself specifically want to, but you can leave them all active and let them update themselves, it doesn't cause any problems). However, in some hudl2s the play store and google play services DON'T seem to update themselves automatically however long you wait (I have left some since yesterday, turned them off and on again sporadically, and still today the play store doesn't work). I've figured out one workaround so far, it is to open an app that needs updating, I've used YouTube since it happens to sit next to the play store icon, and it'll tell me that a newer version is available, Install Now? which I do. However, after the installation when I try to open YouTube it tells me that to run it needs Google Play Services to be updated, Update now? And once Google Play Services have updated, THEN the play store also works as it should. Still need to figure out if there's an easier way to trigger the update to Google Play Services when it doesn't happen by itself.  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.