LineageOS 14.1 for Vodafone Smart Ultra 6

Guest nutsda

Guest wbrambley
7 hours ago, Rizki Embol said:
On 15/11/2017 at 8:04 PM, nutsda said:

@wbrambleyplease Port Rom Miui 9

Sorry, I no longer have this phone. Screen touch slowly got worse, many other also had same problem with this hardware even one other at my work that was never modified from stock.

Guest nutsda
2 hours ago, zwho said:

Hey, I love the rom, only issue I've had was with the rear camera not working and not being able to run Signal.

Here's the logcat when opening the camera app: https://pastebin.com/KkNyEBXm

Thanks for the log, I'll have a look through & see if I can figure out the problem. Have you tried any other camera apps to see of the problem still occurs?

Just now, nutsda said:

Thanks for the log, I'll have a look through & see if I can figure out the problem. Have you tried any other camera apps to see of the problem still occurs?

I tried OpenCamera and another app, and rear camera didn't work in either of them.

Guest wbrambley
6 minutes ago, zwho said:

I tried OpenCamera and another app, and rear camera didn't work in either of them.

IMO, some of these have different camera sets, @nutsda maybe try including all the different camera in vendor folder in the make? I haven't looked at this for a while but from memory we only include a couple?

Guest nutsda
1 hour ago, zwho said:

OK, have you tried Lineage 13 or come straight 14.1?

Just now, nutsda said:

OK, have you tried Lineage 13 or come straight 14.1?

I've come straight to 14.1, I will try 13 now and see if the camera works there

Guest nutsda
14 minutes ago, zwho said:

I've come straight to 14.1, I will try 13 now and see if the camera works there

Thanks, it will be good to know if it's just an issue with 14.1 or both.

Just now, nutsda said:

Thanks, it will be good to know if it's just an issue with 14.1 or both.

Just installed Lineage 13 and the camera is working just fine , so it seems to be an issue with 14.1

Guest nutsda
23 minutes ago, zwho said:

Just installed Lineage 13 and the camera is working just fine , so it seems to be an issue with 14.1

Thankyou for testing that, as it will help knowing it's only related to this ROM.

Guest RufusK21

I have tried many camera apps too and they all fail with the rear camera but work with the back one.

Also parts of the GBoard keyboard don't work, not sure if there was a problem installing GApps or if there is a conflict with Lineage

Guest RufusK21

@nutsda

I've got 14.1 running with magisk, and I pass both aspects of SafetyNet.

However, Netflix isn't appearing in Play Store and says it's incompatible when I load it from apk.

Could you confirm whether Netflix works for you or if anyone else running 14.1 can confirm whether it works?

Also having troubles with USB connection to computer, not showing files despite phone being unlocked and MTP selected.

Edited by RufusK21

Guest Rizki Embol

Please Teach me How to Port Rom Miui 9 Create VSU 6

On 1/4/2018 at 3:57 AM, wbrambley said:

Sorry, I no longer have this phone. Screen touch slowly got worse, many other also had same problem with this hardware even one other at my work that was never modified from stock.

Guest johndoe555

I've been running the Jan 18th version of LineageOS 14.1 for about a week with no major issues. I'd like to thank nutsda for his work getting a workable version of Android Nougat available to download.
I did have a few minor issues and thought I'd detail what they were and how I dealt with them. Hopefully this might be useful to anyone else if they're having similar problems.

1) Root. I tried using the file "addonsu-14.1-arm-signed.zip" flashed in TWRP but for some reason I couldn't get root access to work. I ended up flashing an older version of Superuser I had saved, "SuperSU-v2.76.zip", and it's now working correctly.
2) PC connection. When connecting the phone via USB it doesn't show up in Windows Explorer. In Device Manager there is an entry under "Other devices - MTP" and it does show up via ADB. If I reboot to TWRP it shows up in Windows Explorer when connected over USB.
3) Headphones. Fairly often when headphones are inserted they aren't detected and sounds are played through the external speaker. If I insert the headphone plug into the jack slowly, over 2-5 seconds, they are detected everytime.

Sorry for the wall of text and I'd like to reiterate that none of these problems are that bad. Thanks again to nutsda for providing this update as well as CM12.1 previously, I really appreciate it.

Guest RufusK21

@johndoe555

Are you having problems with the camera?

Also could you explain how you solved the usb connection problem to me in more detail? 

Thanks!

Guest Karb10

01.04.2018 günü saat 09: 11'de RufusK21 şunları söyledi:

@nutsda

14.1'i magisk ile çalıştırıyorum ve SafetyNet'in her iki yönünü de geçiyorum.

Ancak, Netflix Play Store'da görünmüyor ve bunu apk'den yüklediğimde uyumsuz olduğunu söylüyor.

Netflix'in sizin için çalışıp çalışmadığını veya 14.1'i çalıştıran birinin çalışıp çalışmadığını doğrulayabilir misiniz?

Also having troubles with USB connection to computer, not showing files despite phone being unlocked and MTP selected.

I want to set up a magisk What should I do to help?

Guest johndoe555
On 03/04/2018 at 4:18 PM, RufusK21 said:

@johndoe555

Are you having problems with the camera?

Also could you explain how you solved the usb connection problem to me in more detail? 

Thanks!

Hi there. I'm not having any obvious issues with my camera, seem similar to pictures taken with stock ROM.
I didn't manage to fix the USB issue. One time I restarted my phone into recovery TWRP while it was still connected to my laptop and somehow Windows can detect it as a USB mass storage.This only happens while in recovery mode where you installed this LineageOS ROM so the phone needs to be powered off, then powered up while holding volume down.

Guest RufusK21

Can anyone who has LineageOS, but isn't rooted try to download Netflix?

The problem I'm having could be because the ROM makes Netflix think the phone is incompatible, rather than the root. (I've tried using magisk to hide the root, which was successful, so I don't think this is the issue)

Known problems:

Front camera software fault, 'can't connect to camera'

USB computer connection difficulties, not recognizing phone as a storage unit 

*Possibly app incompatibility/ play store restrictions that shouldn't exist

Overall though very good port so thanks @nutsda

USB connection problem only affects Windows in my case, phone gets recgonized on Linux. Perhaps it's a problem with Windows drivers?

Play store wasn't displaying Netflix without root, later I installed Magisk and I was able to download it from play store, but Netflix gave a "This app is not compatible with your device" message, downloading the apk from Netflix's website did work for me though.

Also I think this bug could be related to me not being able to start Signal app on my phone: https://jira.lineageos.org/browse/BUGBASH-590

Guest RufusK21
4 hours ago, zwho said:

USB connection problem only affects Windows in my case, phone gets recgonized on Linux. Perhaps it's a problem with Windows drivers?

Play store wasn't displaying Netflix without root, later I installed Magisk and I was able to download it from play store, but Netflix gave a "This app is not compatible with your device" message, downloading the apk from Netflix's website did work for me though.

Also I think this bug could be related to me not being able to start Signal app on my phone: https://jira.lineageos.org/browse/BUGBASH-590

yeah I had the same experience as you, the realy old version of Netflix from their websites apk works, but nothing newer. It definitely did back on stock 5.1, so I guess this is the play store detecting the modified ROM in some way.

I've reverted lots of the build.prop values to their stock setting, partly to trick Safety Net, but also in case it solved Netflix issue, but no luck there.

Guest RufusK21

@johndoe555 @zwho @nutsda

I think I've fixed the usb problem.

Paste the following into your build.prop file and reboot, it worked for me. I got them from the stock ROM's build.prop. Also enable MTP on the usb settings you get on notification bar

persist.sys.usb.config=diag,serial_smd,rmnet_bam,adb
ro.sys.usb.default.config=diag,serial_smd,rmnet_bam,adb
persist.sys.usb.config=cdrom

Guest nutsda
6 hours ago, RufusK21 said:

@johndoe555 @zwho @nutsda

I think I've fixed the usb problem.

Paste the following into your build.prop file and reboot, it worked for me. I got them from the stock ROM's build.prop. Also enable MTP on the usb settings you get on notification bar

persist.sys.usb.config=diag,serial_smd,rmnet_bam,adb
ro.sys.usb.default.config=diag,serial_smd,rmnet_bam,adb
persist.sys.usb.config=cdrom

That fixed the issue with my Linux PC not being able to write to it, on windows 10 MTP didn't work as device manager was showing an issue with device driver (didn't have time to fix before work) but it recognized picture transfer & the Linux virtual machine I had open & running picked it up fine.

I have solved the Netflix incompatibility issue (tested with the latest version) it was due to Widevine DRM not functioning correctly, so any other app that uses DRM (Digital Rights Management) should work as well.

I will upload a new build in the next day or two, that incorporates these fixes.

Guest RufusK21

@nutsda

Thank you man, cheers for your hard work <3 

P.s. do you have any idea what the camera issue is? I've tried poking around but with my very limited experience I have no clue...

Guest nutsda
33 minutes ago, RufusK21 said:

@nutsda

Thank you man, cheers for your hard work <3 

P.s. do you have any idea what the camera issue is? I've tried poking around but with my very limited experience I have no clue...

At this stage I have no idea,after briefly flicking through your log & one from mine, they both appear to have the same errors (I will have a better look when I get the time), but both front & rear camera work for me.

Are you able to have a look at the kmsg (I use an an app called Logcat Extreme on my phone just to view it) to see if there is any errors relating to camera there.