Omnia2 Tips&FAQ

Guest tacchan23

Guest colinflava
for the showed contacts: phonebook -> menu (right lower corner) -> filter -> you can select to show only SIM,only Phone or both

ohh...thanks....but any ideas for the contacts...

i think they are sorted by last name...but i dont like...kinda messy...

any ways to change it?

Guest tacchan23
  • Display contacts as "Firstname Lastname": you can use shubaroo.com’s Contact changer - currently at version 1.3 (some Contact Manager programs, such as Resco, have this option too)

You need to use a 3rd party application to order contacts by first name. (or maybe it will be available in Wm 6.5, no idea really)

Guest colinflava
You need to use a 3rd party application to order contacts by first name. (or maybe it will be available in Wm 6.5, no idea really)

i have tried the shubaroo.com’s Contact changer but no effects...

i read through other post....can be changed in microsoft outlook....

which means i need to install it....

your phone no problem in this?

or u prefer last name/first name...

Guest tacchan23
i have tried the shubaroo.com’s Contact changer but no effects...

i read through other post....can be changed in microsoft outlook....

which means i need to install it....

your phone no problem in this?

or u prefer last name/first name...

personally I am using Resco Contact Manager (it has an option to choose FirstName)

Guest farruko
Wich version of taskbar did you install? mine too doesn't change the ok and x icons

I have installed several versions, for exemple: 6v2.1 6v3.1. In both I have the default BT icons (black and white): one with an eye and the BT symbol and another with the BT symbol alone.

:)

Guest TheBishop
Is there any way to set ringtones for different contacts?

There's not a field for this in the Omnia contacts and it doesn't appear to add a field if a contact has a individual ringtone. You can go to the Windows Mobile contacts program and use that to change the ring tone for a contact or you can use a 3rd party program like Resco Contacts or SPB Mobile Shell.

I've found the reset button. You have to remove the battery cover and it's just to the right of the Sim card holder. I've not seen it listed anywhere else but it works fine - hardly quicker than taking the battery out so why hide it under the cover?????

Also I've been trying out a G Sensor .dll from GinKage - it's worked with all that I've thrown at it so far. It's attached and all you need to do is Unzip it and put it in you Omnia's Windows directory. You'll probably also need .Net 3.5 from Microsoft for some of the HTC fun programs to work.

Thanks to GinKage for the .dll

HTCSensorSDK.zip

Guest colinflava
personally I am using Resco Contact Manager (it has an option to choose FirstName)

thanks tacchan23....

i downloaded Resco also...but in the end i edit the contacts by using Microsoft Outlook with the FileAsSorter tool...

Guest tacchan23
I've found the reset button. You have to remove the battery cover and it's just to the right of the Sim card holder. I've not seen it listed anywhere else but it works fine - hardly quicker than taking the battery out so why hide it under the cover?????

Also I've been trying out a G Sensor .dll from GinKage - it's worked with all that I've thrown at it so far. It's attached and all you need to do is Unzip it and put it in you Omnia's Windows directory. You'll probably also need .Net 3.5 from Microsoft for some of the HTC fun programs to work.

Thanks to GinKage for the .dll

The soft reset button is described in the phone manual. BUT the image in the manual is WRONG, it shows the location of the anthenna instead of the reset button. I've read that MANY people complitely killed their phone while trying a soft reset :)

I'll try the G Sensor dll later and update the first page, thanks:)

Guest inmatrixout
Though, I ask you to use this one. I updated it a bit, now it seems more precise.

I unziped it and I put it in Windows folder! No result at all. Is there something other to do? :)

Guest wakeupneo

Doesnt work for me. Could you attach the HTC API you use? Programs load the dll, but moving the device doesnt change the rotation for motion supported apps.

Though, I ask you to use this one. I updated it a bit, now it seems more precise.

Guest GinKage

inmatrixout, wakeupneo,

Well, there shouldn't be anything more that needs to be done.

I tested this dll with Teeter, Lightsaber, Seismo, and everything worked fine.

Guest inmatrixout
inmatrixout, wakeupneo,

Well, there shouldn't be anything more that needs to be done.

I tested this dll with Teeter, Lightsaber, Seismo, and everything worked fine.

I tested HDwobble and worked fine! But spb doesn't!

Edited by inmatrixout

Guest GinKage
But spb doesn't!

But, what should there be with Spb? Should it change its orientation, or tilt carousel?

If it's about orientation, then it's not about this dll, it's more about some event notifications.

If carousel, then it won't tilt anyway until you have 3D acceleration.

Guest tacchan23

Could you explain exactly what this dll is for? so I can update the first post with the correct info

(I'm quite noob sorry ahaha)

I think some people here mistood it for the Carusel 3d effect you showed on your video

p.s. I tried it myself with hdWobble and it's working fine:)

Edited by tacchan23

Guest wakeupneo

This dll makes Kinoma Play go to landscape all the time, resco photo viewer beta's roration totally stops (has native omnia ii support). Resco Snake and Resco Bubbles works fine (they have native omnia ii support too).

Guest bobobird
any one noes anyway to disable the auto reply sms when someone calls u? meaning.. like make the button not appear there?

Agreed, stupid design making that button bigger then the answer one and pressing it accidentally is quite easy.

Guest eMlWinDz
Agreed, stupid design making that button bigger then the answer one and pressing it accidentally is quite easy.

i always press the end call button when taking the phone out of pouch.. ><! or will press till the auto reply sms button... dam irritating..