Omnia2 Tips&FAQ

Guest tacchan23

Guest ruined

hi guys..noob question..what is the difference between spb mobile and iphone today?

i haven't tried both...but i thought they are both UI...am i correct?

Guest tacchan23
i always press the end call button when taking the phone out of pouch.. ><! or will press till the auto reply sms button... dam irritating..

Yes, I don't like it too... I fixed it using S2U2 caller id but sometime it get in conflict with the samsung caller id utility, so I have disabled it at the moment. (But it could depend on firmware maybe too, I'll try again with a wm 6.5 rom)

Guest eMlWinDz
Yes, I don't like it too... I fixed it using S2U2 caller id but sometime it get in conflict with the samsung caller id utility, so I have disabled it at the moment. (But it could depend on firmware maybe too, I'll try again with a wm 6.5 rom)

yeap.. juz installed s2u2... hope better liao.. =)

Guest tacchan23
hi guys..noob question..what is the difference between spb mobile and iphone today?

i haven't tried both...but i thought they are both UI...am i correct?

if you look at my screenshot in the first post, you can see the main difference:

SPB mobile shell is a "complete" UI while iPhone today is, in my opinion, more of a Launcher application (in reality iPhone today has many UI functions too like the notify for missed calls, sms, appointments and some other plugins I didn't try but if you want something like nice big clock/calendar/agenda/battery/weather widgets and many more functions like soft reset/contacs/missedcalls/etc it's not on par with spb)

Guest c00l23

Using 3rd party programs as the default SMS

Go to: HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Shell/Rai/:MSINBOX

Change key 1 (default : Tmail.exe) with your software

---Example to use VITO SMS-Chat, change to: "\Program Files\VITO\SMS-Chat\SMSChat.exe"

Just tried that, it's not working.. How to make it work?

Guest kibiwi
There's not a field for this in the Omnia contacts and it doesn't appear to add a field if a contact has a individual ringtone. You can go to the Windows Mobile contacts program and use that to change the ring tone for a contact or you can use a 3rd party program like Resco Contacts or SPB Mobile Shell.

I've found the reset button. You have to remove the battery cover and it's just to the right of the Sim card holder. I've not seen it listed anywhere else but it works fine - hardly quicker than taking the battery out so why hide it under the cover?????

Also I've been trying out a G Sensor .dll from GinKage - it's worked with all that I've thrown at it so far. It's attached and all you need to do is Unzip it and put it in you Omnia's Windows directory. You'll probably also need .Net 3.5 from Microsoft for some of the HTC fun programs to work.

Thanks to GinKage for the .dll

I haven't omnia i8000 but his brother b7610 and I tried the GinKage' .dll with resco bubbles but the controls are inverted when I tilt the device to the right the ball goes left...I don't know if there is a solution to fix this problem (GinKage this is a question for you...I believe...)

Guest GinKage
I haven't omnia i8000 but his brother b7610 and I tried the GinKage' .dll with resco bubbles but the controls are inverted when I tilt the device to the right the ball goes left...I don't know if there is a solution to fix this problem (GinKage this is a question for you...I believe...)

Strange, because Resco Bubbles has native Omnia 2 support, without any emulation. The dll works correctly n Teeter, though. Also, I cannot say anything about B7610, as I don't have it.

Guest kibiwi
Strange, because Resco Bubbles has native Omnia 2 support, without any emulation. The dll works correctly n Teeter, though. Also, I cannot say anything about B7610, as I don't have it.

without your dll file resco bubbles don't work on B 7610 (as opposed from I8000 that works, so they are not really brothers :D ) but with the dll it starts but with inverted coordinates (tilt left ball goes right and so on). I know you can do anything cause you hasn't the cell but if it falls in your hands keep in mind this problem :)

Edited by kibiwi

Guest asimsinan

I found a cool secret feature of Omnia 2. I think this may be added as a tip. If you go to Windows folder and, select show all files from menu, you will see a compass application "CompassTestMode". It is awesome.

Guest tacchan23

Test functions

• To access the test functions, you can enter *#0*# on the dial pad or launch the file /windows/LCDTest.exe; the digital compass can be launched from /windows/CompassTestMode.exe (Thus, you can potentially create shortcut icons to these applications)

it's there already:D

Guest tacchan23
Using 3rd party programs as the default SMS

Go to: HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Shell/Rai/:MSINBOX

Change key 1 (default : Tmail.exe) with your software

---Example to use VITO SMS-Chat, change to: "\Program Files\VITO\SMS-Chat\SMSChat.exe"

Just tried that, it's not working.. How to make it work?

which firmware you using? it's working for me on G6

also make sure you installed the visto sms-chat in the correct folder

Guest IlTorvo
with the dll it starts but with inverted coordinates (tilt left ball goes right and so on).

Yes, same here on my Omnia Pro. Tryng to play whit inverted coordinates for just 3 minuted have totally flipped my brain. Still tryng to back normal ;-]

Guest asimsinan

How can disable the option of sending "I am busy" messages when I cant take the call. It keeps sending messages, when I dont answer the phone.

Guest GinKage

kibiwi, IlTorvo,

Could you, please, run *#0*#, Accelerometer, then write down X, Y and Z readings in five positions:

1. Laying flat.

2. Staying vertically (Cube button near the table, Samsung label right above it).

3. Same as 2, but head over heels, i.e. rotated 180, so the Samsung label is right below Cube button.

4. Again, 90 degrees to the table, but laying on the left side (when facing the screen, Samsung logo is at the left, Cube button at the right).

5. Same as 4, but rotated 180 degrees, i.e. laying on its right side.

Guest arnelm2002

hi, anyone knows why when i installed spb ms3.5 its not launching. or sometimes when it launch after a while the omnia hungs. i have already uninstalled the wktask. done softresets many times.

also the touch calendar or the winmo calendar doesnt show the appointments.

but using sbsh calendar it shows.

im a new i8000 user and the version is IH5.

thanks alot.

Guest Dastonie
hi, anyone knows why when i installed spb ms3.5 its not launching. or sometimes when it launch after a while the omnia hungs. i have already uninstalled the wktask. done softresets many times.

also the touch calendar or the winmo calendar doesnt show the appointments.

but using sbsh calendar it shows.

im a new i8000 user and the version is IH5.

thanks alot.

No Probs with MBS 3.5 inclusive Carousel on Secany's WinMo 6.5

Guest andytom69

sorry...about your faq for ring...

whit the value "1" in win6.5 my phone no ringing

ring ok only "2" value

Increasing ring problem

• To fix the increasing ring problem, go to registry \HKCU\ControlPanel\SoundCategories\Ring; Change the DWORD: AttenuationCategory to Value: 1

Guest tacchan23

Windows Mobile 6.5 Update (just the little bit I could test so far)

Increasing ring problem

• No registry fix working for me, I tried looking around on many forums but any suggested fix didn't work.
  • Personally I edited the first 3 seconds of my favorite ringtone to be louder (the result is not really that good becouse I am REALLY noob at it, but still better than nothing)

• Open any registry editor, go to path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Shell\StartInfo\ amd change Value 'HideSettings' to '0' (credits to rodrigofd)
    • Also you can enable it using SKtools

Guest IlTorvo

GinKage

Hey man, thanks for your attention.

Here comes my results:(Last two numbers of that values is moving so fast on a short range of 20 circa. So, if i write "x(2040)" i mean "x(2032 to 2049 in continuos movement)")

1. Laying flat: X(2040), Y(2040), Z(1220)

2. Staying vertically X(2040), Y(1220), Z(2040)

3. Same as 2, but head over heels X(2040), Y(2840), Z(2040)

4. Again, 90 degrees to the table X(2840), Y(2040), Z(2040)

5. Same as 4, but rotated 180 degrees X(1220), Y(2040), Z(2040)

Thanks again.

P.S. Maybe useless, maybe not, another little issue: using "Shootme!" app, boxing glove tool, the "right hand" function work for my left hand and vice versa (assuming that the correct position of the pda is with the back on the palm and the screen facing the closed fingers).

Edited by IlTorvo