Omnia2 Tips&FAQ

Guest tacchan23

Guest bartveld

Living in Holland I've been able to update to the official Samsung version of WM 6.5. Unhappy to report that Samsung still hides a lot from its users, glad to report that quite a few of the hacks mentioned in this thread work in the new firmware (I don't use them all).

Guest chiccovale

Good to know Bartveld.

How did you have this updated? Did you bring it to a Samsung dealer or did you flash the new ROM by yourself?

Thannks.

Guest katerini

Is there any way to put the keyboards from HTC HD with Greek Language on Omnia II? I need that, because for Greek Language there is not so gut support. Or any of the new keyboards from HTC with the arrows.

Guest vodanhdaisu
Is there any way to put the keyboards from HTC HD with Greek Language on Omnia II? I need that, because for Greek Language there is not so gut support. Or any of the new keyboards from HTC with the arrows.

Hey guy, why don't you try FingerKeyboard? It's very nice and intergrated many language inputs

Guest bartveld
Good to know Bartveld.

How did you have this updated? Did you bring it to a Samsung dealer or did you flash the new ROM by yourself?

Thannks.

Here: http://www.samsungmobile.nl/promotion/news....do?newsNo=1701

You have to register and then download PCStudio, install it. Then your device is updated through PCStudio (there's no direct link to the update yet). Not at all sure if this works for devices outside of the Benelux.

Guest tacchan23

Windows Mobile 6.5 Update (some more info, credits to the original posters)

Enabling NetCompactFramework 3.5

• Open any registry editor, go to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\.NETCompactFramework
    change 2.0.7045.00 from 1 to 0
    then change 3.5.7283.00 from 0 to 1
    wait 30 secs then soft reset

Disabling the Samsung dialer (I didn't test this myself yet)
    • Open any registry editor, go to HKLM\Security\Phone\Skin
      change Enabled > 1 to 0

• Warning: This disable video call and MMS
    • Can save 10MB Program Memory and also speed up searching through contacts & sent SMS.

Photo Album: exclude unwanted folders

• Open any registry editor, go to HKLM/Software/TecAce/PhotoAlbum/ExcludeFolders
        Add a new string value for every folder you want to exclude, you must give them the name of 000, 001, 002,... etc
        As string data you must add the folder address, you must separate folder with the symbol \
        Example: If you want to exclude Program files folder, you have to make a new string value like "001" and you have to add \My storage\Program files
        Notice that you have to clean the thumbnails that Photo Album creates! You can use the clean option of SKTools

Caller ID: problem about not recognizing contacts in country code format

[*]This is due to the Call ID Match issue, as the I8000UZNII1 is set to 11 which is too long for some country numbers and the I8000XXIJ1 is set to 8 which may to short for other countries.

Just change the value to match your country need. (It count start from behind)

You can use Advanced Configuration for changing the Call ID Match value (You need to install .net compact 3.5 before this tool can run)

Edited by tacchan23

Guest ninjablur

For the landscape rotation, I tried to edit the registry key for these.. but after changing the value.. i clicked on ok..

there is an error msg which said "Access Denied"

Any advise?

Guest tacchan23
For the landscape rotation, I tried to edit the registry key for these.. but after changing the value.. i clicked on ok..

there is an error msg which said "Access Denied"

Any advise?

Someone else said they couldn't edit the registry anymore with wm 6.5 ROM... which ROM u have?

Anyway for me it still works fine... which program are you using? Both SKtools and Resco Registry are working for me.

Guest IlTorvo

I'm in love whit the built in Samsung File Manager. Light, useful, pretty beauty and whit a gorgeous scroll engine. I'm using Resco file explorer just when i need to do more complicated operations such manage registry, shortcuts, beaming via BT and so.

I noticed that on the options menu there is the way to show details and previews, but every time i restart the File Manager, my choice turn back to the default "list". Any way to make File Manager able to remember my last settings?

Previews looks a little useless since showing just a general icon and not the real icon for the file or a thumb for the images, but "details" is great.

Guest ninjablur
Someone else said they couldn't edit the registry anymore with wm 6.5 ROM... which ROM u have?

Anyway for me it still works fine... which program are you using? Both SKtools and Resco Registry are working for me.

hehe. changed the registry editor.. can change already.. thanks!!!

Edited by ninjablur

Guest alvinkh

hi GinKage,

will need some help from you for the g sensor, i downloaded the HTCSensorSDK.zip and put the dll onto Windows folder, but the teeter still not working.

is there any steps to take note of other than placing it into Windows folder. (i'm still running on winmo 6.1)

forgive me for asking noobie question as i am a noob wif winmo stuffs

Edited by alvinkh

Guest katerini

Hey guy, why don't you try FingerKeyboard? It's very nice and intergrated many language inputs

[/quote

Thanks for the answer. I know the exist of FingerKeyboard, and i hate it. I need 12 keys keyboard. And the HTC HD keyboards are very good. Anyone who know a way to put on samsung 2, the keyboards from HTC HD??

Guest zhvihti

The official Samsung WM 6.5 has no VoIP/SIP support. To enable that, do the following:

1. Download and install WM6VoIPFull.cab. This adds the necessary drivers, tools to set up the account and the number formatting (dialplan), and the Internet Calling applet for the old-school today screen. Link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...;postcount=1426

Run the SIP Config and the SIP DialPlan tools and set up your VoIP account and dialplan. Switch to the old-school today screen and add the Internet Calling applet (I actually have it 2 times in the list). This is so that you can see the connection status. Now the issue is that upon clicking the applet, you get Samsung's interface which has no option to actually allow internet calling. This way the phone never actually attempts to use VoIP.

2. To remedy that, download and install the Setup VoIP tool from http://www.touchxperience.com/

Open it, go to the Options tab and switch internet calling to "whenever available". You can also check the box to have the phone use VoIP over 3G.

Restart the phone and that should be it. Below are some screens.

post-583152-1255297019_thumb.pngpost-583152-1255297024_thumb.pngpost-583152-1255297014_thumb.png

Edit: Of course the fact that internet calling cannot be quickly enabled/disabled from the today screen is a big problem. It means that you gotta watch out that you don't call e.g. mobile numbers through VoIP when your carrier's rate is cheaper.

Edited by zhvihti

Guest kvv515kvv
Hello, today I decided to better organize all the info I gathered from many forums and websites while trying to learn about my new Omnia2 and PPC in general (this has been my first new phone in 5 years so you can imagine how completely inexperienced I was). And I decided to post them here so that some other newcomer like me could benefit from this (or simply to point here when people keep recurrently asking the same questions on the forums). Maybe some of the info is not really so useful or maybe it’s too obvious but I’ve seen many of these being asked many times so it could help someone anyway I hope^^
  • Incoming Call Notice: very very low sound notice when someone else is calling during another call. I read it was fixed in some new firmware but need confirmation

go to [ HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\ControlPanel\Sounds\CallWaiting]

"Sound"="xxxxx.wav"

check which file is there. than go to windows folder take xxxxx.wav and using sound editor (for example sony sound forge) increase volume level (20-50%) and put it back.

or take you own file edit it like above put in windows folder and change

"xxxxx.wav"

Edited by kvv515kvv

Guest alexblake
Yes, I don't like it too... I fixed it using S2U2 caller id but sometime it get in conflict with the samsung caller id utility, so I have disabled it at the moment. (But it could depend on firmware maybe too, I'll try again with a wm 6.5 rom)

....so I have disabled it at the moment...

Disabled samsung caller id utility?

Please tell me how you did it?

Guest arun gupta
Windows Mobile 6.5 Update (some more info, credits to the original posters)

Enabling NetCompactFramework 3.5

• Open any registry editor, go to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\.NETCompactFramework
    change 2.0.7045.00 from 1 to 0
    then change 3.5.7283.00 from 0 to 1
    wait 30 secs then soft reset

Disabling the Samsung dialer (I didn't test this myself yet)
    • Open any registry editor, go to HKLM\Security\Phone\Skin
      change Enabled > 1 to 0

• Warning: This disable video call and MMS
    • Can save 10MB Program Memory and also speed up searching through contacts & sent SMS.

Photo Album: exclude unwanted folders

• Open any registry editor, go to HKLM/Software/TecAce/PhotoAlbum/ExcludeFolders
        Add a new string value for every folder you want to exclude, you must give them the name of 000, 001, 002,... etc
        As string data you must add the folder address, you must separate folder with the symbol \
        Example: If you want to exclude Program files folder, you have to make a new string value like "001" and you have to add \My storage\Program files
        Notice that you have to clean the thumbnails that Photo Album creates! You can use the clean option of SKTools

Caller ID: problem about not recognizing contacts in country code format

[*]This is due to the Call ID Match issue, as the I8000UZNII1 is set to 11 which is too long for some country numbers and the I8000XXIJ1 is set to 8 which may to short for other countries.

Just change the value to match your country need. (It count start from behind)

You can use Advanced Configuration for changing the Call ID Match value (You need to install .net compact 3.5 before this tool can run)

excellent speed after disabling the samsung dialer.

please help me: how to disable the default email app????

:) :( ;) ;) :( ;)

Edited by arun gupta

Got a no ringtone for incoming calls issues with J1 rom despite using a default ringtone not mp3. Anyone experiencing same issue and have a fix?

Had the same problem, went away after I flashed the same ROM a second time.

Guest darkworldzz

err.. about uninstallation.. its kind of failing.. i installed a cab on the storage card.. and uninstalling it takes forever.. i tried uninstalling through active sync.. but it fails as well.. its says its 0.0kb...

Edited by darkworldzz