CABS for Tips Updated 28-12-09

Guest forelli
Do you want a cab to have 4 rows in the 6.5 start menu instead of 3 ?

Up to 6 if you want (6 rows, no text, just icons), 4 rows and 5 rows, text+icons.

Look in the i900 forum for smilegod, he did the 6 rows. I had the 5 rows from xda, used it on my HTC Touch HD and noticed it worked on my GT-I8000. The zip include the original 3 rows.

Guest forelli
I made those cab for myself anyway so i can share them if it's useful

Hey Tylwith,

the ring and the camera cabs don't work on my phone. Carrier branded Omnia 2:

PDA: I8000NXXII9

CSC: I8000MOBII9

PHONE: I8000XXII6

I have to admit that my phone came with wm 6.5 (21856.5.0.65). As soon I got it, I changed the language from german to english (I live in Austria), after 10 minutes of playing with the different settings (just checking, i didn't change anything). This phone accepted ALL my titanium plugins, and didn't show me any Splugins! I first read about those plugins in the forum, I didn't even know they did exist, plus, in order to see the titanium ones, I had to reg edit for the Windows settings to appear. Well, your cabs didn't work and I'm half surprised, but I can't know why. I guess the branding has something to do with it. Thanks anyway, it was worth the try, provided i had worked!

forelli

p.s: Actually, wm 6.5 is a pain because i'm too used to wm 6.5.1, so I'm just waiting for such a release, official or custom rom, to dig deeper in the Omnia 2. I think i will by myself a HTC HD2 aka Leo before such an update comes to samsung. Omnia 1 was very tweakable (more than 60x flash!), omnia 2 is just too limited for me. If i hadn't given my HTC Touch HD to my wife, i would still be using it tho. First, protect the omnia 2 with a stupid case, 2 wait for the Leo, 3 sell Omnia 2 and buy Leo. That's it.

Edited by forelli

Guest Tylwith
Hey Tylwith,

the ring and the camera cabs don't work on my phone. Carrier branded Omnia 2:

PDA: I8000NXXII9

CSC: I8000MOBII9

PHONE: I8000XXII6

I have to admit that my phone came with wm 6.5 (21856.5.0.65). As soon I got it, I changed the language from german to english (I live in Austria), after 10 minutes of playing with the different settings (just checking, i didn't change anything). This phone accepted ALL my titanium plugins, and didn't show me any Splugins! I first read about those plugins in the forum, I didn't even know they did exist, plus, in order to see the titanium ones, I had to reg edit for the Windows settings to appear. Well, your cabs didn't work and I'm half surprised, but I can't know why. I guess the branding has something to do with it. Thanks anyway, it was worth the try, provided i had worked!

forelli

p.s: Actually, wm 6.5 is a pain because i'm too used to wm 6.5.1, so I'm just waiting for such a release, official or custom rom, to dig deeper in the Omnia 2. I think i will by myself a HTC HD2 aka Leo before such an update comes to samsung. Omnia 1 was very tweakable (more than 60x flash!), omnia 2 is just too limited for me. If i hadn't given my HTC Touch HD to my wife, i would still be using it tho. First, protect the omnia 2 with a stupid case, 2 wait for the Leo, 3 sell Omnia 2 and buy Leo. That's it.

too bad it hasn't work.

but i am very suprised that the disable camera sound didn't work. Unles you have loscked your windows folder Or that the name of the sounds file changed i don't see why it would not work. So that mean that after the cab installation you still have autofocus sound and recording sounds or only the shutter didn't worked ?

Edited by Tylwith

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest vitozappa
Hello,

I thought it was quite tedious after a flash to always go to the registry to set up things so i made some cabs on the tips topic

Please Read the Tips and Faq first.

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...d-programs-faq/

the RingIncrease only works up to firmware H3 ... after that it just mutes the phone

Disable camera sound only disables autofocus sound, recording sound and SHUTTER3

enable settings rotation: enables the settings menu in 6.5 rom and also allow to map the rotation to a hard key.

The enable threaded sms will work after using disableSkinSmSEmail.cab

I thinks the other names are understandable enough

i will try to go trought all the tips and create cab and will update this topic.

If you think that some tips can be useful to be cabed post here and i will see if i have time to do it .

Update 20.10.09-3

Added 4 rows for windows 6.5 start up menu with honeycomb

Update 21.10.09

Added 6.1 menusettings .cab for people who want to enable disable touchwiz ui on 6.5 (my advice is to uninstall the cab after doing the modification because even if i have tested most of the option some may not work or conflict with 6.5)

Update 22.10.09

Added Disable Start and Shudown Sounds cab to disable the anoying samsung sound when you switch off and on the O2

Update 06.11.09

Added CameraSoundSh1.cab which disable autofocus sound,recording sound and SHUTTER01

Update 9.11.09

Added Lighsensorfix: fixed the light sensor refresh rate on 6.1 (and recent 6.5 firmware).Tested on H5

Tylwith

Hi there

The touch.cab gives me two new buttons to pick up te phone or refuse the call, but these buttons don't work. I'm using SPB 3.5 but I don't know if that has anything to do with it. When I remove the touch.cab everything is back to normal

Guest Tylwith
Hi there

The touch.cab gives me two new buttons to pick up te phone or refuse the call, but these buttons don't work. I'm using SPB 3.5 but I don't know if that has anything to do with it. When I remove the touch.cab everything is back to normal

Are you using 6.5?

the two button are a green one and a red one ?

if so it's the windows standar answer screen when the phone is locked.

and it's not button but sliding button you must slide them on the right.

so nothing to do with the cab

Edited by Tylwith

Guest vitozappa
Are you using 6.5?

the two button are a green one and a red one ?

if so it's the windows standar answer screen when the phone is locked.

and it's not button but sliding button you must slide them on the right.

so nothing to do with the cab

yes i'm on 6.5 and the buttons are indeed red and green, thx for your help

can you tell what your apps "display fix" and "touch sensitive" exactly do? on that last one, it seems i'm not able to remove the zip ext

thx in advance

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Dj_suca
the RingIncrease only works up to firmware H3 ... after that it just mutes the phone

Tylwith

hi there, can you tell me were can i find my firmware Version!? h3????

sorry i'm lost

Guest rleo6965

Installed camera utility Disable camera sound and Enable front camera. Soft reset my Omnia2. Camera utility works.

Thanks Tylwith

Edited by rleo6965

Guest jeffrey2000

@Tylwith: Howto switch to the secondary camera with the front camera fix? After reboot I don't have any extra option.

Ohh never mind, found it already like u said :)

Start camera

Go to "Shooting mode" (second left icon from the top)

Select "Self"

and you have your front camera (640 x 480)

Edited by jeffrey2000

Guest mad_a_22

gud day Tylwith....i tried your Enable_Settings_rotation.cab on my newly bought omnia2 but i still can't see the rotation on settings even if i turn off the touchUI.

my phone is at wm 6.1

PDA: I8000XXIH5

CSC: I8000FAMIH4

PHONE: I8000DXIH2

plss give me a guide how...

Guest Tylwith

there is no rotation icon.

but if you go to settings buttons you can select rotate screen in the list.

without the cab you cannot bind a button to rotate screen

Guest mad_a_22
there is no rotation icon.

but if you go to settings buttons you can select rotate screen in the list.

without the cab you cannot bind a button to rotate screen

i got it now Tylwith...thanks....although it only rotate to the left but that's the way i want it. B)

i have another question. Ive done some tweaking in my sms using tacchan23 procedure. their are two sms/mms that i can be viewed.

1. when i go to start>sms-mms,

2. when their is a new sms recieve and then open click the notification below>left side of the screen

is it possible to use the number 2 when viewing sms when i click start>sms-mms and erase the number 1 viewing?

i mean i just want to view on the number 2 style of arrangement not the number 1. :)

Guest tacchan23
i got it now Tylwith...thanks....although it only rotate to the left but that's the way i want it. B)

i have another question. Ive done some tweaking in my sms using tacchan23 procedure. their are two sms/mms that i can be viewed.

1. when i go to start>sms-mms,

2. when their is a new sms recieve and then open click the notification below>left side of the screen

is it possible to use the number 2 when viewing sms when i click start>sms-mms and erase the number 1 viewing?

i mean i just want to view on the number 2 style of arrangement not the number 1. :)

number 1 = the start>sms-mms: does it launch the Samsung sms application?

number 2 = launch WinMo sms application (tmail)?

if so, you need to add a shortcut to tmail.exe in your start menu and use it to access to sms

Guest mad_a_22
number 1 = the start>sms-mms: does it launch the Samsung sms application?

number 2 = launch WinMo sms application (tmail)?

if so, you need to add a shortcut to tmail.exe in your start menu and use it to access to sms

i dont really know whats the name on this type if view style but my guess is number 1 is a samsung sms application and number 2 is at winmo sms. all the sms/email guide you give i followed it but when i click start> sms-mms or widget>sms it goes to number 1 style of opening. so how can i make a short cut or can i disable the samsung sms application? i apologize for being such a noob.

Edited by mad_a_22

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Clemenzo

Hi Tylwith,

Would you be able to share the steps to rip and make cab of Samsung apps? Many of the asian users are looking for chinese keyboards that came with official Samsung roms.

Otherwise, would you be able to help make cabs of Plum Keypad and MoAKey for omnia i8000 in the with the singapore.csc?

Thank you very much!

Guest acidash

How about a cab to disable the auto rotation for SMS? It is really irriating when it just auto rotate while you are trying to compose an sms using one hand.

Thanks! :)