Omnia 2: Tweaks, Flash Guide, Suggested Programs, FAQ

Guest tacchan23

Guest Ultraviolet

Guys.. one question...

I manage to disable the threaded sms on my J6 rom BUT I can't get rid of the TMAIL. I want regular windows SMS inbox.. from time to time it shows up (for no reason) but basically what I see is samsung tmail... Is there a way to disable TMAIL and get windows SMS (no threaded) ?

Thanks so much in advance!

PS: I tried te manual reg edit and also de "disableSkinSMSEmail.cab".

Any ideas??

Edited by Ultraviolet

another stupid question, how do I access the original winmo 6.5 system settings??? I could find it easily on wm6.1 devices, but on this 6.5 omnia I could only see samsung settings....?

Guest Tylwith
another stupid question, how do I access the original winmo 6.5 system settings??? I could find it easily on wm6.1 devices, but on this 6.5 omnia I could only see samsung settings....?

Did you read the first post?

everythings is there. there is also a cab to enable it.

Guest tacchan23
Guys.. one question...

I manage to disable the threaded sms on my J6 rom BUT I can't get rid of the TMAIL. I want regular windows SMS inbox.. from time to time it shows up (for no reason) but basically what I see is samsung tmail... Is there a way to disable TMAIL and get windows SMS (no threaded) ?

Thanks so much in advance!

PS: I tried te manual reg edit and also de "disableSkinSMSEmail.cab".

Any ideas??

TMAIL.exe is Windows Mobile default application for email/sms.

How do you usually launch the SMS or email application? (I mean, from Samsung widget or SPB mobile shell or Start Menu etc?)

Anyway try to go to Start Menu and launch tmail.exe from there, if you correctly edited the registry it should work fine.

Guest tacchan23
i try doing SKtools too: TuneUp/Phone Edition/Call ID match but it wont let me change the value. it lets me only change it to 0 any ideas why?

just tested it now, it's working for me...

Guest tacchan23
Hi,

Do you recommend any Voice command application ?

Did you try any ?

What do you think about Microsoft Voice Command version ?

Thanks

Never tried it yet sorry

No. I bought my German Omnia 2 with Windows Mobile 6.5.

Now i have flashed the K2 from secany and the E-Mail Samsung-Style ist not available.

the only thing about the samsung email program on wm 6.1 was that it looked nice, but the usability was horrible! maybe the reason why they removed it?! it was just unusable if you have more than the only inbox folder on an imap account (i have like 50 folders on my imap account). it took several minutes just to scoll down your folders with an overall very unresponsive phone. never seen such a crappy app, seriously (tested on the g6-rom which my o2 came with)!

Guest arisgigi

Hi , sorry if this was posted before , i have a question. Is there any way of making touch player resume videos after it was closed? and another thing can it be tweaked so that the backlight only turns on on video playback?

Guest SoJuPanda
just tested it now, it's working for me...

is there another way i can change the value? because im smashing on my keypad and it doesnt do anything, you can backspace and put nothing in or restore the default value of 6. now its stuck on 6 which wasnt even the default value of the omnia.

Guest tacchan23
is there another way i can change the value? because im smashing on my keypad and it doesnt do anything, you can backspace and put nothing in or restore the default value of 6. now its stuck on 6 which wasnt even the default value of the omnia.

Maybe you can try this: Advanced Configuration Tools

Or manually: HKCU\Control Panel\Phone\CalIidMatch

Guest mightymouse1045

Hi,

Tried your Icon sorter and works fantastic man!!!!

That is what slows down bootup time if you manually arrange the start menu and don't properly update the registry.

You can manually fix this by 'moving' all items out of the start menu with resoco or equivalent, delete the "HKLM\security\shell\start info\start\programs" registry key and then move the start menu back.

OR - you can use the above posted app "JWMD Icon Changer" and it does it all for you and streamlines the start menu registry hive in the process, so all the hard work taken out of it for you.

***** TACCHAN or anyone really can you tell me of an app that allows me to take control of the Camera button but releases it when the actual camera app is running? AE button plus doesn't work for the camera (it's the only thing I can't get it to change).

Guest tacchan23
HI, any1 can tell me how to use in the dialer the original wm6.1 CALL LOG instead of samsung call log app??

I think you have to disable all the Samsung dialer, not just the call log

Guest rewrew2
I think you have to disable all the Samsung dialer, not just the call log

i already disabled the dialer but when i open it and then goto menu -> call log the samsung call log will open and i don't want it but the default wm call log... how to?

Guest tacchan23
i already disabled the dialer but when i open it and then goto menu -> call log the samsung call log will open and i don't want it but the default wm call log... how to?

true... but if you use the Call History button on the DialPad will open the WM call log

Guest tekkenshu7

hi guys,

are there people here experiencing their WiFi disappearing from their Wireless Manager list time to time?

I happen to experience this where I just used it a while ago and when I try to re-activate Wifi, the Wifi is no longer in Wireless Manager.

Is this by any chance caused by some apps or something else?

I have SPB Shell 3.5.1, Resco explorer, SK Tools, Coreplayer, Nitrogen installed.

Hope someone can help. Thanks in advance :D

Guest tacchan23
hi guys,

are there people here experiencing their WiFi disappearing from their Wireless Manager list time to time?

I happen to experience this where I just used it a while ago and when I try to re-activate Wifi, the Wifi is no longer in Wireless Manager.

Is this by any chance caused by some apps or something else?

I have SPB Shell 3.5.1, Resco explorer, SK Tools, Coreplayer, Nitrogen installed.

Hope someone can help. Thanks in advance :D

As posted many times, SKtools may be one of the reasons. Try to uninstall it.

Guest salvat0r

I am using TouchFlo3D. Unable to tab the wireless connection>On at the UI. However, when to Phone setting >start wireless connection>tab on. But I m unable to scan for any wireless access point. I don't have SKtools installed. My battery level is 4 bars. Guess not battery save mode problem. Any idea what is the causes? Thanks :D :( ;)