Omnia 2: Tweaks, Flash Guide, Suggested Programs, FAQ

Guest tacchan23

Guest tacchan23
@tacchan23: this suggestion to disable Today to recover memory sounds like a good tip if it works (I haven't tried it myself) for people using a shell like SPB Mobile Shell rather than a Today plugin

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?amp;sho...t&p=1144581

Yes, I was planning to try it before adding it to the tweaks list but I didn't get the chance yet :)

Guest TechR6

Noob question, first WinMo phone. How do you turn off system vibrate but still have the call vibrate work? I can turn off the system sounds and the phone still rings but system vibrate has to be on for phone to vibrate when I get a call. Is there a registry fix for this?

Guest tacchan23
Noob question, first WinMo phone. How do you turn off system vibrate but still have the call vibrate work? I can turn off the system sounds and the phone still rings but system vibrate has to be on for phone to vibrate when I get a call. Is there a registry fix for this?

I don't have the Samsung Volume Control in my ROM atm so I can't try it myself...

Did you try to set the vibration level to zero for system and to 5 for ring?

Guest TechR6
I don't have the Samsung Volume Control in my ROM atm so I can't try it myself...

Did you try to set the vibration level to zero for system and to 5 for ring?

Yes.

Guest tacchan23
@tacchan23: this suggestion to disable Today to recover memory sounds like a good tip if it works (I haven't tried it myself) for people using a shell like SPB Mobile Shell rather than a Today plugin

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?amp;sho...t&p=1144581

I finally tried it but i got one strange problem... my keyboard button disappears as soon I open any WinMo application (Settings, Excell, Notes, etc) and come back only after a soft reset. Enabling Today again fixed it.

Anyone else facing this? (maybe it's the wm 6.5.3 rom)

Guest Tylwith
I finally tried it but i got one strange problem... my keyboard button disappears as soon I open any WinMo application (Settings, Excell, Notes, etc) and come back only after a soft reset. Enabling Today again fixed it.

Anyone else facing this? (maybe it's the wm 6.5.3 rom)

on 6.1 booting is very slow

on 6.5 it's working good

Guest mad_a_22
* Threaded SMS Input Space: if you using the default Tmail for Threaded SMS (and not some 3rd party program… I recently gave up on VITO SMS-chat after too many bugs/problems for me), you will notice that the space to input text is really too small. To change it, look for the file \Windows\thread_sms.htm You can open the file with Word Mobile to edit it:

Find the line <Inbox:content id="COMPOSESUBJECT" width="98%" height=35 spell ......>

and modify the value of height from 35 to 65 or 70, to get 3 line spacing for the input

Save the edited file somewhere and then use Total Commander or Resco Explorer to move it to Windows overwriting the old file.

@ tacchan23

plss tell me the exact way of finding this thread_sms.htm. when i go to a file explore then windows i can't find the file.

Edited by mad_a_22

Guest Goodge

I just flashed with a new version of Secany's rom, and switched back to the default SMS app's dll's (htmlnote.dll)...but I've noticed that rather than the background following my "default blue" theme of white (as it was with the stock rom I had), it's a grey color. Does anyone know how to correct this?

Guest nastiv

I'm trying to disable Samsung's skinned SMS app, but i've got some problems with it. Firstly, I've done this "Disable the Threading SMS in Samsung SMS skinned application", then "Disable the skinned apps for email (1) and sms (2) and enable threading message (3) [using tmail.exe]. You will need to change 3 registry entry:", and then "Using 3rd party programs as the default SMS" after installing Resco Contact Manager. It disabled thread view in sms skinned app, but that's all. Messages shortcut in Start menu leads me to that horrible skinned app. Messages in Samsung Today also leads to the skinned app (that's the worst part). Email shortcut leads to proper Resco app. Any suggestions? I'm working on secany's IL5 ROM.

Edited by nastiv

Here is small description of startup programs. I found in on one russian forum and make translation. Hopes I dont make some mistake, any updates welcomed.

AlarmWatcher.lnk - it is alarm monitor task to help TouchWiz show react on alarms, if use WM Today od 3rd party software can be disabled.

AutoRotation.lnk - manage position for autorotate programs (mediaplayer, build-in opera)

CHomeManager.lnk - Native plugin today in WM6.5 - Titan

PlayerAutoUpdate.lnk - monitor new files and ask to update media player librabry.

LinkMgr.lnk - Samsung Main Menu, to launch faster.

SendMTMSG.lnk - starts mobile tracker, when you set this feature this will send SMS with information about the new sim.

ScreenCapture.lnk - It makes and update screenshot of running apps to show them in graphical task manager. Screenshots are stored in Windows - HiddenStore - TASK

Sometime missing camera module

- my camera module sometime missing. Two scenario that my camera cannot work intermitently

scenario 1 : when i press camera button, my cemera flash on and error message, "please update Camera firmware"

scenario 2: i use camera for a while then error message " missing camera module"

ROM info

PDA I18000NXXIJ9

CSC I8000XSOIJ2

PHONE: I8000DXIJ1

in-fact i don't have this problem before the recent hard-reset. I am not sure will hard-reset work ?

how to reinstall camera firmware without hard reset?

Guest tacchan23
I'm trying to disable Samsung's skinned SMS app, but i've got some problems with it. Firstly, I've done this "Disable the Threading SMS in Samsung SMS skinned application", then "Disable the skinned apps for email (1) and sms (2) and enable threading message (3) [using tmail.exe]. You will need to change 3 registry entry:", and then "Using 3rd party programs as the default SMS" after installing Resco Contact Manager. It disabled thread view in sms skinned app, but that's all. Messages shortcut in Start menu leads me to that horrible skinned app. Messages in Samsung Today also leads to the skinned app (that's the worst part). Email shortcut leads to proper Resco app. Any suggestions? I'm working on secany's IL5 ROM.

If you click on the Samsung SMS application shortcut, it will always launch the Samsung application.

All the above tweaks make you able to click on the WinMo sms/email application (tmail.exe) and be able to launch it (before the tweaks it would still launch Samsung app)

Sometime missing camera module

- my camera module sometime missing. Two scenario that my camera cannot work intermitently

scenario 1 : when i press camera button, my cemera flash on and error message, "please update Camera firmware"

scenario 2: i use camera for a while then error message " missing camera module"

ROM info

PDA I18000NXXIJ9

CSC I8000XSOIJ2

PHONE: I8000DXIJ1

in-fact i don't have this problem before the recent hard-reset. I am not sure will hard-reset work ?

how to reinstall camera firmware without hard reset?

Tacchan or anyone know how to fix it?

Guest valalex

Hi, just bought my O2 last week.

One question here, everytime I unlock my phone when it goes to Today Home Screen, why it highlights the pictures panel not the clock panel?

please advice.

Guest Omega Ra
Hi, just bought my O2 last week.

One question here, everytime I unlock my phone when it goes to Today Home Screen, why it highlights the pictures panel not the clock panel?

please advice.

because it just goes to the one on top for default. It has the Samsung SClock panel there instead of the default CClock. You need to get Chome editor and take out the Sclock and put in Cclock and it will go back to the clock when hit end and such.

Guest valalex
because it just goes to the one on top for default. It has the Samsung SClock panel there instead of the default CClock. You need to get Chome editor and take out the Sclock and put in Cclock and it will go back to the clock when hit end and such.

Thank you!

quote: Increasing ring problem

To fix the increasing ring problem, go to registry \HKCU\ControlPanel\SoundCategories\Ring; Change the DWORD: AttenuationCategory to Value: 1

Don't know if anyone posted this, but here I go.

SKTools reads the original value as a binary. For this fix to work, I created a new "DWORD" string with the name "AttenuationCategory" and gave it a value of 1. Tested on a 6.1 default SG room from M1. Working beautifully for all format of ringtones.

Guest thew39mxr

I'm looking for a possible registry tweak or fix relating to new sms/mms messages.

I have the O2 i920 (verizon) running winmo 6.5. When I receive a new sms or mms message, I go to reply and the newest message is never selected as opened. so in order to read the message, I have to scroll down through the thread to the bottom (most recent) message, select it then tap my keyboard in order to reply to it. It's quite annoying.

My old i900 omnia worked perfect, in this sense, until I flashed it to the new upgrade.

What can I tweak to get the latest sms to be automatically opened and viewed upon replying to it? Any help or info is appreciated.

Guest biggiesmalls

Forgive me if this has been asked before: when start a new line in a text message (i end the previous sentence with a .) The next line never starts with an uppercase character? I'm still running the old 6.1.4 ROM but i don't really feel like upgrading, so a registry tweak for this would be awesome. (edit: i do have the option that should make this work enabled somewhere, just doesn't seem to do anything)

Edited by biggiesmalls

Guest darrenheath73

Hi all. Im new to Modaco. Great site. Ive been following the Omnia 2: Tweaks, Flash Guide topics. Specifically, the sip voip instructions. I can send and receive calls though the voip setup but I cannot get around the issue of sound coming through the speaker instead of the earpiece (except for using earphones/ mic). I have tried audioroute. It installs but has no effect when any buttons in that app are pressed. I would love to use my Omnia 2 with sip/ voip through the earpiece. I had it working perfect on my old 6.1 WM phone. Anyone know of an app or work around to get voice through the earpiece using sip/voip?