Omnia 2: Tweaks, Flash Guide, Suggested Programs, FAQ

Guest tacchan23

Guest tacchan23

Added this freeware to System Utility list:

ClearTemp: It allows you to clear temporary/unused files and unused registry keys/values on your system easily and more.

Edited by tacchan23

Guest asfaijk

can somebody please take a look in their wm 6.5 for original values from the volume menu? ( *#0002*28346# )

read over the fact it did not work on 6.5.. thanks in advance

Guest the_KIT

Hi,

Sorry abt a noobie questions...Can someone tell me how to use back the default window sms inbox rather samsung inbox? is it the mms.dll to html.dll? will i lose the samsung texting screen?

At the same time, how to i add more plugins for the default wm6.5 screen? :D

Thank you!

Guest unholygid2006

Hi,

Anyone noticed the default samsung black theme also affects the visibility of the text in windows live?

Is there any settings or registry hack to change it without changing the default black theme? Coz i really like the default black theme

Guest vodanhdaisu

Tacchan, i have 3 questions. Hope you don't get tired or angry to answer all these questions.

1, What is the best video converter program for video on i8000?

2, I'm using FingerKeyb as my default keyboard. And i have to use SipChange to fix FingerKeyb as default keyb. But whenever i reset my phone, there is a "don't send" page appears. The content of the page is : " A problem has occured with sipchange.exe. Please tell Microsoft about this problem... blah blah..."

>>> How can i disable this page or prevent it show up whenever i reset my phone ?

3, I like black theme, but in some apps, library of mobile-reader for example, the content is also invisible with black theme coz the text is in black also.

Do u have any black theme that doesn't affect much to 3rd-party apps ?

Thank you for your concern. :D

Edited by vodanhdaisu

Guest tacchan23
Hi,

Anyone noticed the default samsung black theme also affects the visibility of the text in windows live?

Is there any settings or registry hack to change it without changing the default black theme? Coz i really like the default black theme

No, many programs aren't updated to work witha Black theme (I wonder why it's so strange to have a balck background°_°)

I think the only way is try to contact the support of the program in need of a fix (it worked with SKtools, their support team provided me with a fix in a couple of days and then released the new version)

@vodanhdaisu: you can try to use the attached theme (I downloaded it long ago when the first reports of problem with Black theme come up and people suggested it as an alternative black theme... but honestly this way a lot of the screens are white)

DiamondVGA.zip

Edited by tacchan23

Guest tacchan23
Tacchan, i have 3 questions. Hope you don't get tired or angry to answer all these questions.

1, What is the best video converter program for video on i8000?

2, I'm using FingerKeyb as my default keyboard. And i have to use SipChange to fix FingerKeyb as default keyb. But whenever i reset my phone, there is a "don't send" page appears. The content of the page is : " A problem has occured with sipchange.exe. Please tell Microsoft about this problem... blah blah..."

>>> How can i disable this page or prevent it show up whenever i reset my phone ?

3, I like black theme, but in some apps, library of mobile-reader for example, the content is also invisible with black theme coz the text is in black also.

Do u have any black theme that doesn't affect much to 3rd-party apps ?

Thank you for your concern. :D

1. Read the Video Playback tweaks for Wm6.1 in this thread (there is a link to a topic with more info, but I never actually tried it... I'm happy couse i don't need converting any movie^^)

2. I don't know what SIPchange is. Is it a program to change the default input method? if so, did you try to do it trough Registry tweak? if you google for it you can find some link (I'll update in my tweaks topic it in the future when I find a worthy keyboard to try it^^)

3. see post above

Guest tacchan23
Hi,

Sorry abt a noobie questions...Can someone tell me how to use back the default window sms inbox rather samsung inbox? is it the mms.dll to html.dll? will i lose the samsung texting screen?

At the same time, how to i add more plugins for the default wm6.5 screen? :D

Thank you!

About plugins for wm6.5 screen I don't know sorry, never even tried to use it.

About the Samsung SMS, you need to do point 2 below (yes, you will lose also samsung texting screen)

• Disable the skinned apps for email (1) and sms (2) and enable threading message (3). You will need to change 3 registry entry:

1) HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\MsgTypes\IPM\Note\DLL

change the value from emform.dll to htmlnote.dll (in current firmware IJ6 this is already set)

2) HKCU\Sofware\Microsoft\Inbox\MsgTypes\IPM\SMStext\DLL

change the value from mms.dll to htmlnote.dll

3) HKCU\Sofware\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings\OEM\SMSInboxThreadingDisabled

change the value from 1 to 0

There are a couple of side effects to this though.

1) No name-type-ahead for the SMSes that you compose via tmail. You have to select the recipients from the address book. (This could be fixed if you disable T9 and enable the WinMo text prediction, read the Inputing section)

2) You're not able to MMS.

Guest vodanhdaisu

Thank you for your advice, tacchan. Really appreciate. The black theme is so nice :D

By the way, are u still using SS keyb? Haha, for me, FingerKeyb is the best for ever. You can try it and probably you would love it. Pls google to look for it, it is a freeware of Xda-developer

1. Read the Video Playback tweaks for Wm6.1 in this thread (there is a link to a topic with more info, but I never actually tried it... I'm happy couse i don't need converting any movie^^)

2. I don't know what SIPchange is. Is it a program to change the default input method? if so, did you try to do it trough Registry tweak? if you google for it you can find some link (I'll update in my tweaks topic it in the future when I find a worthy keyboard to try it^^)

3. see post above

Guest tacchan23
By the way, are u still using SS keyb? Haha, for me, FingerKeyb is the best for ever. You can try it and probably you would love it. Pls google to look for it, it is a freeware of Xda-developer

I don't really like it becouse it doesn't have T9 support

Guest MaRhOoN

Dear tacchan23

thank you for the big effort for this thread.

I am new user of WinMo devices and O2 is my first mobile with Win 6.1 H5.

I would like to ask of of you to post the proceadure for installing programs like S2U2, SPBShell,.. (some comes in .CAB and some .XML)

- What to do before, during and after the installation.

- should I copy the whole folder to my device if it have many files, where should I put it and what to do with it after the installation?

show me the way man :D

thank you again.

Guest tacchan23
Dear tacchan23

thank you for the big effort for this thread.

I am new user of WinMo devices and O2 is my first mobile with Win 6.1 H5.

I would like to ask of of you to post the proceadure for installing programs like S2U2, SPBShell,.. (some comes in .CAB and some .XML)

- What to do before, during and after the installation.

- should I copy the whole folder to my device if it have many files, where should I put it and what to do with it after the installation?

show me the way man :D

thank you again.

Hello,

there are 2 kind of files to install on a WM phone.

1) CAB files: you just move them to your My Storage or Storage Card and launch them. Usually you'll be asked where you want to install them (Main Memory, My Storage, Storage Card). Just choose where and keep pressing on the "ok" or "accept" or similar pop up menus that may come up during the installation.

2) EXE files: these usually you have to launch them on your PC with your phone connected trough ActiveSync and as usual choose location and accept/ok the various pop up menus.

Generally speaking, you want to install programs that actively work with the system in Main Memory couse it's faster (for example: Connection Managers, Lock Screen, UIs, taskbars, etc); while you'll install in My Storage or Storage Card the others program (file expolorer, sktools, ebook readers, backup, etc)

Guest tacchan23
hmm got a quick question.. do omnia 2 come wif ms net frame work? if it is so, will installing of framework 3.5 have conflict wif the previous 1?

it comes with 2.0

you can find download for 3.5 in this thread (in the Suggeste Programs topic)

Guest tacchan23
Tacchan, would you like to suggest another contact manager app instead of WinMo default contact?

the only one I tried is Resco Contac Manager, it's quite good I think but I'm using SPB mobile shell so I'm going with its contacts page (not as good, but it's nicely integrated with the UI)

other choices (which I never tried, but are popular programs) are Spam alert Phone Extension and Inesoft Phone (mainly they are Dialer)

Guest alvinkh
it comes with 2.0

you can find download for 3.5 in this thread (in the Suggeste Programs topic)

yup... but will it have some issues if i install 3.5 onto my main storage instead of on device ?

Guest vodanhdaisu
the only one I tried is Resco Contac Manager, it's quite good I think but I'm using SPB mobile shell so I'm going with its contacts page (not as good, but it's nicely integrated with the UI)

other choices (which I never tried, but are popular programs) are Spam alert Phone Extension and Inesoft Phone (mainly they are Dialer)

Thank you for the good suggestion. Resco Contact is nice, but i will also try Inesoft Phone Contact :D

yup... but will it have some issues if i install 3.5 onto my main storage instead of on device ?

This belongs to system, so it should be installed on device memory

Edited by vodanhdaisu

Guest MaRhOoN
Hello,

there are 2 kind of files to install on a WM phone.

1) CAB files: you just move them to your My Storage or Storage Card and launch them. Usually you'll be asked where you want to install them (Main Memory, My Storage, Storage Card). Just choose where and keep pressing on the "ok" or "accept" or similar pop up menus that may come up during the installation.

2) EXE files: these usually you have to launch them on your PC with your phone connected trough ActiveSync and as usual choose location and accept/ok the various pop up menus.

Generally speaking, you want to install programs that actively work with the system in Main Memory couse it's faster (for example: Connection Managers, Lock Screen, UIs, taskbars, etc); while you'll install in My Storage or Storage Card the others program (file expolorer, sktools, ebook readers, backup, etc)

thanx for the responce :D

I have downloded some programs which comes in a folder with file called (Setup.xml) what to do with that?

thanke you again

Guest tacchan23
thanx for the responce :D

I have downloded some programs which comes in a folder with file called (Setup.xml) what to do with that?

thanke you again

what other kind of files in the folder?

if there's a cab, I think you need to move just the cab to your phone and launch it.

if there's an exe, first try to launch it from your PC and if it doens't work then it means you have to move the whole folder to your phone as the exe is already in PPC format and there is no installation to do

also you can try to open the .xml on you PC to see what's inside

Guest tacchan23

Task Manager

Showcase (freeware): nice finger friendly Task Switcher/Manager, similar to the Samsung or SPB or PointUI Task switcher BUT with some very useful extras imho:

1) it’s accessible trough tapping the top right corner (so no need to map a hardware button for it and, still for my preferences, it’s better to tap on the top right corner where my thumb is usually around^^)

2) enhancement of the “x” button so that when you press it you can easly choose if to minimize or close a program (of course if you disable the relative option in the Samsung settings) or to access the task switcher itself

Indibar: perfect compliment of the above Showcase to show the icons of the running programs in the taskbar. Also comes with many features to be a complete and stand alone task manager/switcher but I choose to use it along with Showcase because Indibar task switcher is not very finger friendly or appealing graphic wise and because it can’t be accessed trough the top right corner (which at least makes it perfect to work along Showcase). Note: it’s not so easy to set the “correct” graphical settings but it can be definitely done.

WkTask (freeware): if you need a utility to show the icons of the active running programs in the taskbar this is very useful, but it cannot be integrated with Showcase as both are accessed trough the top right corner and WkTask itself as a task switcher is not really finger friendly.

Magic Button (freeware): I tested it just few minutes, about the same as WkTask.

Dotfred Task Manager (freeware): a powerful Task Manager, not for a fancy switching/closing of applications, but with REAL features like Process and Service stop/killing, Notification manager and much more.

HandySwitcher: not really tested myself, but looking at the screenshots it looks like a non finger friendly and non good looking version of Showcase with less features (and for pay too^^). Added just to keep a record of it for future releases.

Edited by tacchan23

hi all!

couple of questions which I could not find answers to:

1. Proximity sensor. I noticed, that proximity sensor only works during the phone call. Is it because of the battery saving? Otherwise it would be cool to have a tool like s2u2 locking the device automatically when you put it into your pocket and unlocking it otherwise. Or is there any app available for that?

2. Agenda widget in SPB Mobileshell 3.5 is useless. You cannot scroll past the current month, you cannot change month - original windows schedule has to be used for that. Is there anywhere an improved Agenda widget? The one where i could scroll through weeks/months without leaving the home screen?

3. Where from does the Weather widget gets its weather? I live in a small town which is not in the DB of cities of this widget. At the same time I know Accuweather has my town. Can i change the weather source somehow?

4. Seen this somewhere, but then lost the link and cannot find anymore. How do I stop "Main Menu" from autostarting? With SPB Shell I do not need it, killing it every time in the task manager seems a very poor solution... otherwise it just eats up 5MB of RAM...

Thanks in advance for your help!

Guest tacchan23
hi all!

couple of questions which I could not find answers to:

1. Proximity sensor. I noticed, that proximity sensor only works during the phone call. Is it because of the battery saving? Otherwise it would be cool to have a tool like s2u2 locking the device automatically when you put it into your pocket and unlocking it otherwise. Or is there any app available for that?

2. Agenda widget in SPB Mobileshell 3.5 is useless. You cannot scroll past the current month, you cannot change month - original windows schedule has to be used for that. Is there anywhere an improved Agenda widget? The one where i could scroll through weeks/months without leaving the home screen?

3. Where from does the Weather widget gets its weather? I live in a small town which is not in the DB of cities of this widget. At the same time I know Accuweather has my town. Can i change the weather source somehow?

4. Seen this somewhere, but then lost the link and cannot find anymore. How do I stop "Main Menu" from autostarting? With SPB Shell I do not need it, killing it every time in the task manager seems a very poor solution... otherwise it just eats up 5MB of RAM...

Thanks in advance for your help!

1) the new beta of PocketScreen (link in my suggested programs list) has this feature.

2) if you mean the widget you can place on the home screen, there is nothing to do but to bug SPB to make a better version for their next release (with marker to show busy days too...)

3) yes you can, but it's not really easy... you can find some premade config files in the SPB forum (if you find a premade config for Accuweather is not so difficult to implement it, but otherwise it's far too difficult, at least for normal users like me, to create one even with SPB weather guide)

4) you have to go to \windows\start up folder and remove the relative .lnk file (which I don't exactly remember the name couse I deleted it already^^)