SRS WOW HD for Omnia2

Guest whiskeybro

Guest whiskeybro
Anyone got this working on the Omnia pro 

I have installed it several times with soft reset and "security_off.cab (still using wm 6.5)

Is there a way to make this work??

what does it say when you start the app ?

Guest wurzelsepp
what does it say when you start the app ?

It says "no wow hd driver loaded"

What I recocnised yesterday is that as long as the driver is installed i can't play music

neither with the touch player nor with core player.

It says "no wow hd driver loaded"

What I recocnised yesterday is that as long as the driver is installed i can't play music

neither with the touch player nor with core player.

since u installed on omnia pro, it might not work as it is. it acts like the old SRS on i900 which can be fixed by editing registry.

try this, uninstall it soft reset, install again soft reset, u will not have sound at all, dont go to setting to open it, open a registry editor, go to HKLM > drivers > built in > wavedev > old driver = wavedev.dll then soft rest. it might work, since i dont have omnia pro, but it is the theory. good luck

Guest whiskeybro
Just a question: Is possible voice dialing through BT with this driver?

it should be no problem as the driver has nothing to do with the outgoing signals like microphone.

Guest najmi85

Hi There!

:D Im new here, thanx 4 diz software..

juz now i've installed it on my phone..

the program seems to work fine..

but, there's smthg that i want 2 tell u,

when i'm opening touch player & the current setting (on touch player) is wow HD,

and at the same time running this program,

the touch player (somewhat) generate an error (on device.exe)..

but, whatever it is,

this program is still can be run, and quite good at it!

as what you've suggested b4 that this software is better to be used on others (using winmo media player)

btw,

thanx alot for diz gr8 software :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mightymouse1045

I can't really see any difference - the is better sound quality from touch player if you go into audio effects and select SRS - then select WOW HD. This by default produces a much better sound than this patch you have posted.

It uses the R2VS_ARM_WM6_PRO_Driver.dll by default - so really not sure what the whole point of this patch is?

Guest tacchan23
I can't really see any difference - the is better sound quality from touch player if you go into audio effects and select SRS - then select WOW HD. This by default produces a much better sound than this patch you have posted.

It uses the R2VS_ARM_WM6_PRO_Driver.dll by default - so really not sure what the whole point of this patch is?

I think the point is for using WOW HD with other applications other than ToughPlayer?

Guest whiskeybro
I think the point is for using WOW HD with other applications other than ToughPlayer?

Yes indeed and i think only for people that use the stereo headphone or a bluetooth stereo headphone,

The buildin speaker doesn't sound great no matter what you do. :D

advice is only install this app when you use stereo headphones.

I personally prefer using this rather than the one touchplayer's pre-defined SRS WOW.

reason because it has flexibility where one can change the settings to suit the ears.

I am using Sony Ericsson's in-ear earphones, those that comes with walkman phones and the pre-defined one has heavy bass.

By using this driver/program, I am able to configure to what I want.

So I must say this really helps a lot. :D

Guest mightymouse1045
I personally prefer using this rather than the one touchplayer's pre-defined SRS WOW.

reason because it has flexibility where one can change the settings to suit the ears.

I am using Sony Ericsson's in-ear earphones, those that comes with walkman phones and the pre-defined one has heavy bass.

By using this driver/program, I am able to configure to what I want.

So I must say this really helps a lot. :(

Yeah ok I see - I was basing it on the builtin speaker and as the other post said you cannot do much to make the builtin speaker sound any better :D

However with coreplayer or nitro or tcmp etc playing with this wow patch did not increase the output on the builtin speaker. Where as there is a noticable output gain on using the default srs wow hd with the builtin speakers. But nothing when using this patch?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dwallersv
Yeah ok I see - I was basing it on the builtin speaker and as the other post said you cannot do much to make the builtin speaker sound any better ;)
Oh I disagree big time, at least insofar as the i920 is concerned.

Set up properly, WOWHD makes a huge difference in the way the speakers sound. It's critical to set TruBass to 100% and speaker size to 400Hz, input gain around -4dB, output gain at 0dB -- failing that, you won't hear much of a difference, because the low-freq response of the speakers falls off around 100-200Hz.

The 920 has stereo speakers, so the 3D effect and Center effect actually have a real, audible impact. Set 3D to 100% (maximum separation), and Center to taste.

Focus and Definition are also set to taste.

With these settings, on the 920, turning WOWHD on and off makes a huge difference in volume level and sound quality. Of course, this is all relative, and it must be kept in perspective that we're talking about dime-sized speakers with serious limitations; however, IMO it makes them usable to listen to things, even music in a pinch, where without it they're useless for anything more than ringtones.

Guest hkwildboy
the program will cause a problem...when exit Touch Player, device.exe will crash, everytime...

Just turn off "error reporting" and it wont bug you anymore.

Neverthess, everytime Touch Player is used, you still have to go back to SRS Wos setting to re-enable it.

Guest mistersfr

hello there...

i have a little problem with this SRS feature :

1-i have try the touchplayer setting SRS=wow HD and the sound is pretty good, i like it so much.

BUT, this capability is only available in the touch player and i prefer use S2P.

2-so i installed the SRS feature, and try a lot of settings, but i never succed to obtain the same "good" sound that i have with touchplayer+wowhd activated.

3-i can not use touchplayer anymore, because i have a lot of songs, and the fact is that now touchplayer novagation is buggy and moreovre touchplayer song's pictures take a lots of space on my storage (more than 500mb, because each song picture = 384ko in a bmp file !!!)

Note, i made all the tests with the headphone give with the phone.

so please help me with :

-how to hack the registry or something else to activate the same sound quality in S2P than in touchplayer+wow hd setting activated ?

-how to reduce picture's space of touchplayer ?

-how to obtain a more fluid navigation in touchplayer with a lot of song ?

-do you can advice me another player to obtain something cool and usefull like in an ipod for example ?

Thanks for all ;)

SRS WOWHD 1.2.1 Version is nice working

but 1.5.1 Version not working

I try it on B7300 (Omnia Lite)- all working !!! :)

Any new futures with 1.5.1 ?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Eugene Chan

To get back the same SRS WOWHD quality sound from touch player after installing SRS WOWHD for omnia 2,

1st, u nid to configure the sound using

1. Dial *#0002*28346#

2. Audio Gain screen will pop up

3. Click on Music Speaker

4. Click Gain

5. Under output volume change the following values

L1VL2 - 110--->HPG7 - 1110--->L3L7 - 10--->OVL7 - 00001001--->OVR7 - 00010010

6. Click Apply

7. A small screen will pop up, click ok on it

Then go to SRS WOWHD in system or installed program through "Settings"

3D: 100%

Center: 50%

Focus: 50%

Definition: 20%

Trubass: 100%

Speaker Size60Hz

Inout Gain: -4db

Output Gain: -2db

For best performance, use headphone.

Don plug in the original samsung headset tat comes with the set. coz the volume adjustment will make the sound distort.

use earphones only, i use Creative EP-630 to play songs, and its wonderful. :) ;)