what for and why do OMNIA 2 reserved 50% of it RAM?

Guest Tylwith
You just editing this? [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\LowMem ]"ProgramMem"

I tried some random numbers but still applications are closing on about 45-50 mb free ram

Or some other registry?

no olso some other the one hklm\system\oom

reserved: minimum memory reserved for the system.

from ,icrosoft

Out-of-memory (OOM) settings are controlled by registry values under the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\OOM registry key.

The following registry values specify the threshold at which the amount of memory available is considered to be low. The number of bytes of memory available at the threshold is the maximum of (cbLow + cpLow * PageSize).

The following registry values specify the threshold at which the amount of memory available is considered to be critical. The number of bytes of memory available at the threshold is the maximum of (cbVlow + cpVlow* PageSize).

if you modify don't forget to back up the registry first

Edited by Tylwith

Guest swiftgs

I'm also looking into this, but it forced me into a hard reset at first try :D

Try to disable programs from startup, and managed to get a few MB by disabling som cache files...

Anyhow, now Im ready to go because there's nothing left to destroy hehe

Guest tacchan23
no olso some other the one hklm\system\oom

reserved: minimum memory reserved for the system.

from ,icrosoft

Out-of-memory (OOM) settings are controlled by registry values under the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\OOM registry key.

The following registry values specify the threshold at which the amount of memory available is considered to be low. The number of bytes of memory available at the threshold is the maximum of (cbLow + cpLow * PageSize).

The following registry values specify the threshold at which the amount of memory available is considered to be critical. The number of bytes of memory available at the threshold is the maximum of (cbVlow + cpVlow* PageSize).

if you modify don't forget to back up the registry first

Any info about PageSize? cbLow is already a very low value I guess? so most depends on the PageSize?°_°

You just editing this? [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\LowMem ]"ProgramMem"

I tried some random numbers but still applications are closing on about 45-50 mb free ram

Or some other registry?

I wouldn't recommend random numbers here. I suspect this is a bitwise value of some sort. "96" works well. It's not absolutely perfect, but it's 100 times better than before.

Guest zzzzzz54321
it seems that by disabling samsung dialer, the wm 6.5 screen locker. I could keep more program runing in background. and I also tested to find out each of them has its own fault. but as time passes by after a soft-reset, the ability to maintain open apps diminishes, and it does not seem to only related to memory. with fresh soft-reset, I can have 5 apps open with only 20mb free memory (after disabling dialer and locker), and maintain over quite a while. but after a day of use, with even 45MB of free memory, I can't get two apps to remain running.

I am now trying the "programmem=96" hack to see if it works better. I don't really care about samsung dialer, but without a locker is not really what I can live with

how do u disable the screen locker. ?

Guest tacchan23
I wouldn't recommend random numbers here. I suspect this is a bitwise value of some sort. "96" works well. It's not absolutely perfect, but it's 100 times better than before.

Yes, for random numbers I meant some numbers I found suggested on the internet. 96 was my first try but it didn't change anything for me (appa closing with about 45mb free ram)

Yes, for random numbers I meant some numbers I found suggested on the internet. 96 was my first try but it didn't change anything for me (appa closing with about 45mb free ram)

Hi

will you be so kind, when you have time, to count how many proccesses are active before apps starts to closing.

On my O2 after 25-26 processes apps starts to closing.

Memory, after reset O2 I started only igo8 and give it to make route from Athens(Greece) to Gibraltar, minimize it,

start application(celetask) which with manualy refresh every a couple of secs can show howmany memory left and found the minimum is about 5Mb

Regards

Guest Tylwith

i went down to 1.05 mb free before all my app were killed using som reg tweaks but it 's not stable yet i will do more testing and post my settings once they are stable enought

Guest tacchan23
i went down to 1.05 mb free before all my app were killed using som reg tweaks but it 's not stable yet i will do more testing and post my settings once they are stable enought

Really hope you can "fix" this issue! even with the new ultra lite custom rom, after I install all my nice apps and mods^^, i get about 50mb free ram anyway which is already the limit where I can run just 2-3 application before they close themself.

If you really can bring the threshold to 1mb would be fantastic! but also 20mb would be a dream already for me! (and many other I guess^^)

Guest bluhound
The first cooked ROM only PDA part. PDA I8000NXXIK5(Tough Flow 1.3 version), it can be downloaded in this forum.

1) Toughwiz can only be disabled in WM6.1.2) I will fresher back the ROM which was originally in the phone, so no warranty void lah. 3) I learned it here in the pinned topic, good and clear instruction if you have window XP.

@skoda60

I can't help it but when I read through this post, you have misspelled the words above. Its TouchFLO 3D 1.3 and Samsung TouchWiz (note the letter c). lol, a consistant typo you got there?

Guest Tylwith
Really hope you can "fix" this issue! even with the new ultra lite custom rom, after I install all my nice apps and mods^^, i get about 50mb free ram anyway which is already the limit where I can run just 2-3 application before they close themself.

If you really can bring the threshold to 1mb would be fantastic! but also 20mb would be a dream already for me! (and many other I guess^^)

for the moment i can confirm that the instability appears between 13 to 17 mb with my settings but you can still launch applications .

Edited by Tylwith

Guest swiftgs

Found out that disabling today gains an additional 5 mb of RAM, since I'm running SPB mobileshell I don't need the today. So now my phone boots and hops over to MBS at once...

Reducing the DPI from 192 to 96 gained 10 mb of RAM, however things are not working so well after that...

I also found a registry hack disabling the samsung touch wiz settings and restore the default WM settings, Like usb to PC, Beam etc. etc. after editing some more registry items I can say I'm free of touchWiz crap and boot with about 75mb of RAM including SPB MS3.5 and no today screen behind SPB MS:D

Going on with the autoclosing problems now

UPDATE:

registry editing seems to be stable down to 20 MB of RAM, after that most apps wil be killed...

Running now all together: TOMTOM, MainMenu, Marketplace, myphone, touchplayer, Opera, ICS, SSbubbles, activesync and WLM....

Try to keep it stable now, but at the moment multitasking is not a issue anymore on my device

Edited by swiftgs

Guest tacchan23
Found out that disabling today gains an additional 5 mb of RAM, since I'm running SPB mobileshell I don't need the today. So now my phone boots and hops over to MBS at once...

Reducing the DPI from 192 to 96 gained 10 mb of RAM, however things are not working so well after that...

I also found a registry hack disabling the samsung touch wiz settings and restore the default WM settings, Like usb to PC, Beam etc. etc. after editing some more registry items I can say I'm free of touchWiz crap and boot with about 75mb of RAM including SPB MS3.5 and no today screen behind SPB MS:D

Going on with the autoclosing problems now

UPDATE:

registry editing seems to be stable down to 20 MB of RAM, after that most apps wil be killed...

Running now all together: TOMTOM, MainMenu, Marketplace, myphone, touchplayer, Opera, ICS, SSbubbles, activesync and WLM....

Try to keep it stable now, but at the moment multitasking is not a issue anymore on my device

Care to share the tweaks?

Guest swiftgs

Goto: HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Today

change reg key enabled to 0 and the today screen won't be active anymore...

(if i press today it goes to Mobile shell)

Ongoing the other tweaks, as soon as i finished testing I'll post them. However remember, I'm not an expert, I just like to see what happens if i change thinges :D

Guest dwallersv
Goto: HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Today

change reg key enabled to 0 and the today screen won't be active anymore...

(if i press today it goes to Mobile shell)

Ongoing the other tweaks, as soon as i finished testing I'll post them. However remember, I'm not an expert, I just like to see what happens if i change thinges :D

Nice!! Thanks for this tweak -- it always annoyed me on both my 910, and now my new 920, that Today started up first, and then after some more waiting, MS3.5. Boots faster now (and saves some RAM).

I eagerly await your other tweaks... most of that stuff is junk to me too, just wasting RAM, boot time, etc.

Guest touchflo

Everytime i startup, i have about 43mb ram free, and thats after disabling touchwiz homescreen and touchwiz start menu.

but now i found a way to get an extra 30mb free ram. so now when i bootup, i have a total of 74mb ram free. i used opera and browsed 10 large websites. after quitting opera, im left with 62mb. theres a leak somewhere in opera as it ate my 10mb. But the good news is, i opened every other program that i have installed, played with it then exited, and my 62mb ram are still there. 62mb is a great amount free, especially since around 100mb is reserved already which i think is reserved for the 3d graphics adapter.

now for the tweak. its a reg tweak

go to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\GDI\GLYPHCACHE

you'll see two keys

limit and limit 0

limit is 8192

limit0 is 73xxx

change limit0 to 8192

reboot

done

Guest casualt

okay people i know this post is about whats the reserved memory for... but so far it looks like no one has the real answer and are more talking about how to increase your ram.

So inlue of that I will say that I have touchflo 2d, spb, installed on my phone and I have 56 MB of when i do a soft reset.

HOW I GOT THIS WAS FROM A NICE PROGRAM CALLED SKTOOLS, its only a demo, but it includes a free program called "freeUP RAM" I ran that and volia! 56 MB running touchflo and SPB!

p.s I WANT SENSE UI! thanks to rodrigofd we have it for omnia i8000, but WHY NOT B7610!@!??????????

WHY WHY WHY WHY meaning i hope some 1 cooks it real soon. bless those guys

Guest Joy Yeo

Anyone know what does limit0 do?

My value limit0 is "73728".

Everytime i startup, i have about 43mb ram free, and thats after disabling touchwiz homescreen and touchwiz start menu.

but now i found a way to get an extra 30mb free ram. so now when i bootup, i have a total of 74mb ram free. i used opera and browsed 10 large websites. after quitting opera, im left with 62mb. theres a leak somewhere in opera as it ate my 10mb. But the good news is, i opened every other program that i have installed, played with it then exited, and my 62mb ram are still there. 62mb is a great amount free, especially since around 100mb is reserved already which i think is reserved for the 3d graphics adapter.

go to

you'll see two keys

limit and limit 0

limit is 8192

limit0 is 73xxx

change limit0 to 8192

reboot

done

Guest tacchan23

go to

you'll see two keys

limit and limit 0

limit is 8192

limit0 is 73xxx

change limit0 to 8192

reboot

done

This is the way to get 30mb ram more?°_°