[ROM] LEO2-FUSION Beta 1/ HD2 feel in I8000

Guest rodrigofd

Guest rodrigofd
hey, could someone port the network setup?

this one has argentina support and the one that comes with the samsung doesnt.

thanks!

What do you mean by port?

This rom of mine includes htc connection setup ...

Guest aalagman
RODRIGOFD LEO2 FUSION BETA 1 / b.091209

-------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ ENTIRE POST CAREFULLY!!!! ( while waiting the download )

-------------------------------------------------------

This is my best custom ROM creation so far... i hope you like it.

I designed an Omnia 2 I8000, 'HD2-edition', custom ROM for free use.

First of all, acknowledgements and thanks.

---------

Weisun/Acwan @ PDAClan for his tools and tech info about unpacking & packing I8000 ROMs

People that provided help to dumping official I8000 roms (you know who you are)

Bepe, Pako777 for his handy cooking tools

Lancez,Kstan,Wilson @ China, Tacchan23 for his translation and experimenting contribution

Khuanchai for his talent, contribution and effort in cooking ROMs

Ginkage for his great OpenGL v1 wrapper

Chainfire for his CFC techniques/tools

Sorg for his handy ROM dumping tool

Rafyvitto for his help with HTC Album app

A HUGE THANKS to all the friends that donated already and contributed with my ROMs!!!

Very grateful to you for supporting my work!

NOTES ( PLEASE TAKE TIME TO READ)

1) I release this beta version ROM release 'as-is', there is NONE garantee that any, or none, of phone functions will work after flashing this ROM.

It is only the PDA part of ROM to be flashed, so no risks of bricking phone should exist. Even so, i won't be responsible for any loss of data or phone damage.

1. :) In theory it MIGHT work in american I8000L, as it have been written that secanys roms work fine with such phones. Sorg reported it too. But again, i don't guarantee it at all.. Try it at your own risk.

1.C) DO NOT attemp to flash this if you own an Omnia II B7610. I have plans of cooking for that phone, too, when i make time.

2) Though is only PDA part, i 'recommend' using it in conjunction with phone part IL1 (comes with IL2 official ROM)

To achieve a better experience, i suggest checking 'ERASE CSC DATA' in OCTANS FLASHER. (i believe SORG's version Octans Mini doesn't have the option).

Keep in mind that this will also erase some 'pretty' splashes and animations: the charging-while-in-off animation, the flashing-animation, and early boot logo.

Don't worry about those ugly-messages you'll get in those situations, phone will still charge when off, and flash normally.

If you don't, some stuff won't apply correctly (e.g. wallpaper, connections)

3) ROM is based on stock WM 6.5 ROM, by using a binary dump i made from my own phone. WM build didn't change from original now, so it is the same as original ROM, build 5.2.21876.

4) Basically the only remaining Samsung stuff is:

Samsung Camera App

Samsung FM Radio App

Samsung Touch Player

Samsung Settings

Rest is merely HTC HD2 ports.

I cooked in:

Windows Live latest version (the one from windows marketplace)... including Messenger

Removed CAB setup security check

Microsoft SDK Certs

Ginkage's Open GL v1 WRAPPER version 0.258

NET Compact Framework 3.5

SRS WOW HD

<<<<<< DETAILS REGARDING SENSE 2.5 / HD2 PORTS IN SECOND POST >>>>>>

This is the first release so expect LOT of bugs. All reports are welcome, but remind 'report' is not the same as 'complain' .

----> DOWNLOAD LEO2-FUSION BETA 1 <----

I had a problem in my server with .7z files, so after downloading, RENAME FILE AND REMOVE EXTENSION .ZIP. IT IS NOT A ZIP FILE, IT IS A .7Z FILE.

PLEEEEEASE NO MIRRORS and don't spread the link!!! This is my private server to if i suffer from an excessive load, i'll shutdown the link.

NOTE: do NOT use LANGUAGE CHANGE feature of the 'Samsung Settings' applet... if you do so, you'll make a mess, probably restore your previous flashed rom, in that language, and my rom will get ripped off.. Language change is not supported in my roms, you are stuck with english language for now..

NOTES: I set to default, Performance to HIGH and backlight to max value: this two equal heavy battery drain, so you should review both settings according to your preferences (those are my own prefs.).

Known issues/bugs in third post!

Excellent ROM just installed all works perfectly and smooth, unfortunately cannot make video call, how to make video call?

Guest rafyvitto
Excellent ROM just installed all works perfectly and smooth, unfortunately cannot make video call, how to make video call?

You had to quote the hole post to say thanks?? and to complain about it to? i guess you missed the part were it says "YOUR RUNNING SOFTWARE WHICH WASN'T MEANT FOR YOUR DEVICE".

Guest Rothariger
What do you mean by port?

This rom of mine includes htc connection setup ...

well i mean make a cab with that this way i can install in the ultra lite version! :)

Guest bratboo

Hi! Where I can find the instruction on how to install this on my o2? I already unzip the file and got the .nbo file but I cant seem to run it from my phone. Do I need a software to be able to install it on my phone?

Hi! Where I can find the instruction on how to install this on my o2? I already unzip the file and got the .nbo file but I cant seem to run it from my phone. Do I need a software to be able to install it on my phone?

Read HERE on how to flash your phone...

Guest lifemaximum

Nice I Just installed it , liking it , quite smooth too ,

and I got the weather to work also , you shouldn't add city , you should select update now , it will find your location using Google automatically.

Guest rodrigofd
Hello Rodrigo! many you probably will stay stress on this thing ....... but the progress of the work on the beta2 of this wonderful ROM?

Well i am currently using a kind of 'beta 2' in my personal O2... there are improvements, but still issues to solve... and avail. memory is killing me by know .. thats the biggest one...

Guest Ichigo80

understand! In fact even when they brought the manila 2.5 out of touch hd or pro2 or diamond2 the amount of RAM was critical! unfortunately faced with 448MB of HD2 there's not much to do!

In the past I had the Diamond (3700) and I know that sometimes you can not do anything! the time I had to mount a rom without Manila!

If you are not going to get better patience. we do without the sense! thanks anyway for your wonderful work.

Guest monyozt
Well i am currently using a kind of 'beta 2' in my personal O2... there are improvements, but still issues to solve... and avail. memory is killing me by know .. thats the biggest one...

will you upload beta2 on public? :)

Guest Ordinary

all the best master R , we are waiting for your good news :)

wonder can this be our christmas present ? tml is 24th ;)

Edited by Ordinary

Guest darkworldzz

hihi RGD..

how about u try to cook in sense 2.12 instead of sense 2.5?? i heard it uses less memory and faster tab scroll..

just a suggestion

all the best for the nxt beta to come :)

Guest diverdude

Merry Christmas RFD!

Thanks for your wonderful Rom! Like others in the forum, a few improvments and L5 included in a Beta 2 would be very well received and appreciated. The new settings screen in L5 seems like a needed improvment and the L5 Rom is faster.....I think :) . I tried it for a while but I could not do without your 2.5 Sence Rom and changed back.

My second Donation has been sent as promised, have a great Christmas! Diver

Guest angkung
  • HTC Sense 2.5 (AKA previously as Manila or TouchFlo 3D), is build 1921.
  • Please remember all HD2 software including Sense, was not designed to work on other devices other than HD2, even less on other brands' phones !! So it is already a miracle we can have it working on a so-different device.
  • Because of this, many areas/functions/options/settings/etc might not work as expected, or simply don't work.
  • Because our Omnia2 I8000 doesn't have a native OpenGL v1 library, and Sense uses such library, the miracle is performed by the well-known GINKAGE's OpenGL v1 wrapper.. (cooked is version 0.258). Many of the Sense graphical/functional bugs will automatically be fixed once ginkage library gets improved on those minor bugs... in such cases, you would just replace the library (libgles_cm.dll) with Ginkage's newer versions.
  • MEMORY IS A SERIOUS ISSUE so far.. Unfortunately i have yet to figure out how to release much more RAM memory in order to make space for you to run multiple apps at once... up to now, with everything loaded up, you start with about 50 MB free RAM... I tried among other things, altering the pagepool.
  • It is welcome for everyone to report bugs, but please: 1) be polite and kind when you do so, YOU SHOULD EXPECT LOT OF BUGS, so if you are not ready to live with that, simply don't use this ROM. 2) Do not request 'please add X or Y app i like'. 3) Be sure your report hasn't already been addressed, and written in this thread, so we keep it clean. and assure its not related to something you did or installed.
  • This is BETA 1 .. so there are pretty a lot of things to tweak and fix by now, ... its the idea that working everyone together, we get a better ROM: BECAUSE OF THIS:::
  • If you manage to fix/solve the various issues, please SHARE THEM with the rest, in particular with me so i can cook the fixed stuff in future versions as not every user will read your solution in the thread.
  • BECAUSE OF ALL OF THE ABOVE, UNDERSTAND THAT THIS ROM IS YET A 'TOY' FOR YOU TO PLAY WITH YOUR PHONES. IT IS NOT AT ALL RECOMMENDED FOR AN EVERY-DAY REAL-LIFE USE....

That said, ENJOY!!!! :) ;) B)

B) It is very outstanding! I think most of people here must agree with this, even this is just a Beta 1 release but it is cool enough as it can run on Omnia II !!!!! :o

As expected here is some issue after I used it for 2 weeks:

1. My friend who has HTC pro 2 very shock when I show him my omnia has HTC look, better than him while his device has no color for the tab hehehe...

2. He also quite weird when my device has much more setting option

3. Anyway it just frequent hang may be due to memory problem, but it okay, I just reset it and the problem gone (for a while)

4. Touch Email is very nice and work perfect.

5. It has very small and ignorance bug but it just so huge for me, I cannot do anything rater than just become a tester.....sorry

Guest turtle_brian

Thanks for rodrigofd's effort and I hv tried the beta 1 in these few days!

I hv a comment (but not a bug) to the build. I find that the mp3 playback quality in Samsung's original rom is much better than this HD2 fusion rom. (I have tested both rom by using Windows Media Player embedded, using both headset and also BT A2DP.) I am worrying if HD2 is using another set of decoding tool in mp3 playback. Can we check if there is a special set of decoding tool for i8000 such that it can provide us the best mp3 playback experience? (I am not asking for having an iphone playback quality in i8000, but just wanna get back the normal one, making the fusion rom more perfect.)

Guest rafyvitto
:) It is very outstanding! I think most of people here must agree with this, even this is just a Beta 1 release but it is cool enough as it can run on Omnia II !!!!! ;)

As expected here is some issue after I used it for 2 weeks:

1. My friend who has HTC pro 2 very shock when I show him my omnia has HTC look, better than him while his device has no color for the tab hehehe...

2. He also quite weird when my device has much more setting option

3. Anyway it just frequent hang may be due to memory problem, but it okay, I just reset it and the problem gone (for a while)

4. Touch Email is very nice and work perfect.

5. It has very small and ignorance bug but it just so huge for me, I cannot do anything rater than just become a tester.....sorry

Tell your friend to go here http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=490