O2Compass and O2Flash

New Version is very nice and useful.

Congratulation!

I am just wondering why all skins are so different?

Just the original seems to follow a similar theme on all pages (exception metal detector).

Great work!

Keep going.

Thank you very much.

Guest skoda60

Good job Rapid. Used the latest 3.21 all are working fine. Except once I goto option and no way back to the application. I must exit first and started back the compass again.

Guest dorinvaida
I will check it and we'll see.

Update:

I checked it, but I could not find any upload possibilities, so I was wrote an email to the page owners. We'll see.

Very bnice aplication. Could you add also "light intensity" measurment module ?

Guest Rapid81
Good job Rapid. Used the latest 3.21 all are working fine. Except once I goto option and no way back to the application. I must exit first and started back the compass again.

Just tap the Options again and will hide. The Skins works the same way.

I guess you need to register as a developer here : http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/users/developers

I did that, but I need to add direct link to the CAB file, but I can't do that, because I don't have a storage space. 4shared does not allow direct links.

I am just wondering why all skins are so different?

Just the original seems to follow a similar theme on all pages (exception metal detector).

I just picked some wallpapers from my collection to create the backgrounds. :D

Very bnice aplication. Could you add also "light intensity" measurment module ?

Will see.

Edited by Rapid81

Guest Alex.Shastov

Rapid81

Thanks! Very quickly!

here is my wish:

1) it's better to rename "menu" button in options and skins pages to "OK" or "Back"

2) It's better to shorten name of flashlight button because WM6.5.x has other type of softbar with shorten buttons. I think something like Torch ON, Flash ON, LED ON would fit into 6.5.x button. please check attached screenshots

3) would be good i you wold move some controls down to put page name on upper part. please check attached screenshots

for_O2Compass.rar

Edited by Alex.Shastov

I did that, but I need to add direct link to the CAB file, but I can't do that, because I don't have a storage space. 4shared does not allow direct links.

You know what you need for christmas, here you go, your own professional webspace with your infos, videos, pics and one cab :

http://ninnewsfr.mihalis.org/ninjaw/New%20...n%20to%20O2.php

Edit : You may want I hide the CAB link ? if you need to keep control of the download numbers

Edited by ninjaw

Guest Rapid81
You know what you need for christmas, here you go, your own professional webspace with your infos, videos, pics and one cab :

http://ninnewsfr.mihalis.org/ninjaw/New%20...n%20to%20O2.php

Edit : You may want I hide the CAB link ? if you need to keep control of the download numbers

Big thanx man! Your awesome! :D Yes, hide the cab's link, please.

Rapid81

Thanks! Very quickly!

here is my wish:

1) it's better to rename "menu" button in options and skins pages to "OK" or "Back"

2) It's better to shorten name of flashlight button because WM6.5.x has other type of softbar with shorten buttons. I think something like Torch ON, Flash ON, LED ON would fit into 6.5.x button. please check attached screenshots

3) would be good i you wold move some controls down to put page name on upper part. please check attached screenshots

Thanx all the informations. :D The only thing when I'm modifying the positions, is that all skins must be redo for everybody who made custom skins. Maybe that will be the last modification. Or maybe not... :lol:

And one more thing:

Share your skins pls... I was asked it in the first post, but we're only have few skins and compasses, so please share the modifications with us!

Else:

I just flashed to JB1, and the app works fast as hell. :lol: The O2Flash's starting time now 1 sec, before was 5 sec. :D The O2Compass starts twice fast than before. B)

Update

My GPS stops working with JB1. So tomorrow I'm going to JA5. B)

Update 2

I flashed again with a different hungarian CSC and GPS works again. :( :D

Else 2:

I'll consider the recommendations of yours and I will start to rethink some things in the app next week. I'll start to implement light sensor part, and accelerometer part too. Thanks everybody for the feedbacks!

Edited by Rapid81

Guest Rapid81
I tried to make skin for 3.12 but found that can not make it good looking. That's why i've asked your assistance...

Then, what is the skin (backgrounds) you are using in the pictures you attached before?

Guest Alex.Shastov
Then, what is the skin (backgrounds) you are using in the pictures you attached before?

Now, I have only a few page:

post-642047-1266225680_thumb.png post-642047-1266225696_thumb.png post-642047-1266225715_thumb.png

But to make how on these pictures, little changes in the program are necessary. And these pictures not skins, it only a photoshop.

(Ideal variant for skins it to make all buttons and little pictures in format PNG, for a transparency)

post-642047-1266226014_thumb.jpg post-642047-1266225998_thumb.jpg

When I will finish my work, I will necessarily share it with all

Edited by Alex.Shastov

Guest Rapid81

Because I can't start a poll, so I'm asking it here:

What do you think about to throw away this Skins/Pages concept and to start thinking big and full skins will be possible to create, not just one/more pages?

I mean, you will can create a totally full skin (with some restrictions of course) with all the images, buttons, checkboxes, other. And maybe with the possibilities to relocate the texts, compass, editboxes, buttons (the latter is a lot of work and totally new concept, so I'm not sure in that).

Opinions?

Guest Alex.Shastov

I will express the opinion the first :D

1. Pictures in format PNG will give the big possibilities for skins.

It is possible to make not only square buttons, and any form.

It is possible to do a semitransparency.

But in the given project it is not obligatory to do it, if it is too difficult. I can make in a format JPG.

2. To do the version with a considerable quantity skins it is not so good, as it will have the big weight.

It is better to make many versions with one skin in everyone.

It only my opinion...

Edited by Alex.Shastov

Guest Rapid81
1. Pictures in format PNG will give the big possibilities for skins.

It is possible to make not only square buttons, and any form.

It is possible to do a semitransparency.

But in the given project it is not obligatory to do it, if it is too difficult. I will consult in format JPG.

PNGs are bigger. You can do square buttons, but you need to put the part of the background to their backs.

Because .NETCF does not support transparency, and the available solutions (such as using the AlphaBlend API) are way too slow to everyday usage (Believe me, I tried. I spent so much time with experimentation).

And to answer to your previous post:

That's how you meant the things?

post-624700-1266231195_thumb.jpg

post-624700-1266231203_thumb.jpg

post-624700-1266231211_thumb.jpg

post-624700-1266231217_thumb.jpg

post-624700-1266231229_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rapid81

Rapid81,

thanks for a great program!

just wanted to tell that your bubble levels aren't acting like real bubbles. Their offsets looks like angle to which you bend phone. But real bubble go to extreme position fery fast with small bending. If you have real bubbly level meter then you can see what i ment.

Edited by sorg

Guest Rapid81
Rapid81,

thanks for a great program!

just wanted to tell that your bubble levels aren't acting like real bubbles. Their offsets looks like angle to which you bend phone. But real bubble go to extreme position fery fast with small bending. If you have real bubbly level meter then you can see what i ment.

I know the spirit level, the real one. I worked with that stuff many times. :D

And to react your observation: That is what the hadware knows. I'm (and the program) working with the hardware what's implemented in the phone. :D

Guest Alex.Shastov

О, yes! All is correct!

" You can do square buttons, but you need to put the part of the background to their backs." -- yes, i so did in mine skin on a picture.

But I cannot so to make in "options" to page as a background not uniform, and pictures identical are used. But it is a small problem.

And two more small requests if it is possible:

1. To make the button "delete destination" with visual pressing, as all the others.

2. Pictures bubble.jpg to make separate for vertical and horizontal.

Many thanks!

Guest skoda60
I know the spirit level, the real one. I worked with that stuff many times. :D

And to react your observation: That is what the hadware knows. I'm (and the program) working with the hardware what's implemented in the phone. :D

I had checked the spirit level, it worked fine on my Omnia2 JB1 ROM.

Hi Rapid81, 1) If the waypoint coordinate with selection option to other format will be better. Now is only for decimal format, If provide a option to degree minute etc. 2) Posible to show distance to distination with bearing. Thank for you great job!

Edited by skoda60

Guest Rapid81
1. To make the button "delete destination" with visual pressing, as all the others.

2. Pictures bubble.jpg to make separate for vertical and horizontal.

Many thanks!

1. The delete destination button has visual confirmation on pressing, but when the destination not set, you can't press it, because it's not enabled.

2. That will be easy to grant. :D

I had checked the spirit level, it worked fine on my Omnia2 JB1 ROM.

Hi Rapid81, If the waypoint coordinate with selection option to other format will be better. Now is only for decimal format, If provide a option to degree minute etc. Thank for you great job!

If you check the first page, and read the changes of the V3.2, you'll see, that's option exists since version 3.2.

Edited by Rapid81

Guest mnwajihi
1. The delete destination button has visual confirmation on pressing, but when the destination not set, you can't press it, because it's not enabled.

2. That will be easy to grant. :D

If you check the first page, and read the changes of the V3.2, you'll see, that's option exists since version 3.2.

Hi. Just installed O2Compass yesterday. Its a wonderful app. I have one query though. I can't seem to use the destination function. Even after putting in the coordinates and saving, nothing happens (what's supposed to happen anyway? and what are its uses?). Any help will be appreciated.

Using O2Compass 3.21, SDK 2.1, WM65 JA5.