O2Compass and O2Flash

Guest Rapid81
Hi. Just installed O2Compass yesterday. Its a wonderful app. I have one query though. I can't seem to use the destination function. Even after putting in the coordinates and saving, nothing happens (what's supposed to happen anyway? and what are its uses?). Any help will be appreciated.

Using O2Compass 3.21, SDK 2.1, WM65 JA5.

When you set a destination you need GPS coordinates to show the distance and the bearing. If your GPS receiver not locked, you cannot see anything, because nothing to calculate.

Guest Rapid81

I could completely patched the memory leak. :D Now, no matter how I try, I can't get the app to use more than 4.5 megs of RAM. The memory usage now 3-4.5 megs. In the 3.21, the app sometimes used 10 megs. :D That's a history now. :lol:

The Light sensor module works just fine. I have only one problem with it, - possibly it's not a problem, because it's came from the hardware - the values always divisible with 30.

Here's a little eyecandy for you.

post-624700-1266317548_thumb.jpg

Guest Kromosome

Big respect and a very big thanks to you! :D This application is what I really need.

I've been waiting for it since I had seen the HD2's dig. compass (which works and coops with the Gmaps).

Guest Rapid81

I'm playing with the accelerometer api (G-Sensor) right now. :D But it's not so accurate what I expected.

I think I will not implement this feature what's on the video (too much trouble, and not always do what's need to):

But the Accelerometer value writeout (and I don't know what else right now) will in the next version.

Guest nizar445

Wow, so cool man, I think the current version is very good one but I do really look forward for your next one. :D

I do have a few suggestions for you;

-You could make the spirit level to look like the one in the mtoolbox 0.3 or SSBubbleLevel 2.4 or ……. . I mean you could add that circle with the balance ball in the middle.

-Also you could add a hold function to the current readings in the spirit level.

I think with the above, it will make it look more professional!!! :lol: :D

Thanks for this wonderful app and keep it up man.

Guest skoda60
I could managed to patch it. :D

And I was implemented the lights sensor modul. :D

Thank for your hard works even I was very admire with the lean 3.21 version. Plus the light sensor it make Omnia2 more usable.

BTW, The latitude and Longitude data entry field, if able to paste the data in will be much better. Generally I need to do a calculator to convert degree minute to decimal degree and paste the calculated result into it.

I will let you know the distance and bearing accuracy by compare the result from cachemate and Garmin and let you know..

Edited by skoda60

Guest Rapid81
Thank for your hard works even I was very admire with the lean 3.21 version. Plus the light sensor it make Omnia2 more usable.

BTW, The latitude and Longitude data entry field, if able to paste the data in will be much better. Generally I need to do a calculator to convert degree minute to decimal degree and paste the calculated result into it.

I will let you know the distance and bearing accuracy by compare the result from cachemate and Garmin and let you know..

Maybe I will implement the degree-minute format. :D And a copy-paste popup menu to you. :D

The Garmin and cachemate calculate the distance on straight line?

Guest dwallersv
I could completely patched the memory leak. :D Now, no matter how I try, I can't get the app to use more than 4.5 megs of RAM. The memory usage now 3-4.5 megs. In the 3.21, the app sometimes used 10 megs. :D That's a history now. :lol:

The Light sensor module works just fine. I have only one problem with it, - possibly it's not a problem, because it's came from the hardware - the values always divisible with 30.

Here's a little eyecandy for you.

You rock, man!

Here's a very useless, eye-candy-only idea to put at the bottom of your list, and maybe try to implement if you get bored: It would be really, really cool if you had a set of, say, 5-6 images of the same scene on the light sensor page with the sun at various altitudes in the sky between just set below the horizon to full noon. Then, as the light sesor value changes, fade transition between the images to reflect the value of the light sensor.

I'll snap the picks from a tripod if you want to give this a whirl. Let me know...

Guest dwallersv
I'm playing with the accelerometer api (G-Sensor) right now. :D But it's not so accurate what I expected.

I think I will not implement this feature what's on the video (too much trouble, and not always do what's need to):

But the Accelerometer value writeout (and I don't know what else right now) will in the next version.

Yeah, I agree that spastically shaking the phone isn't necessarily the way I'd want to switch pages :D

Something else you might want to ponder is the whole augmented reality compass/nav idea that others are working on, in particular the Ompass guy:

This is actually much easier than it looks -- simply integrating gsensor, compass, and gps data to overlay on the live camera image. Pull some POI info from google maps within the area aroun the current location, and now you've got something really useful for the everyday person. Imagine looking up some place via search on google maps, transferring it to O2Compass for nav, and then having the phone walk you there.

That's what HyongaSoft is trying to do, but mysteriously has gone off the grid in the last two months. The awsome looking demo in the above vid is now two months old...

Guest Rapid81
You rock, man!

Here's a very useless, eye-candy-only idea to put at the bottom of your list, and maybe try to implement if you get bored: It would be really, really cool if you had a set of, say, 5-6 images of the same scene on the light sensor page with the sun at various altitudes in the sky between just set below the horizon to full noon. Then, as the light sesor value changes, fade transition between the images to reflect the value of the light sensor.

I'll snap the picks from a tripod if you want to give this a whirl. Let me know...

This is in the app now. :D But not sun state images, than some lighting examples. For example: off bulb, lighting bulb, office lighting, sunrise, cloudy day, direct sunshine, etc... Fading effect not included (yet :lol:)

I don't want to copy the Ompass. And I can't get GM to work right now. It says out of memory, when a map are downloading. But I'm working on it. :D

Edited by Rapid81

Guest alexovy

hello. Thank you for the application.

Just one thing: it is not a full metal detector, it detects only metals with magnetic properties, like iron :D

Otherwise...it's really nice.

Thanks.

Guest thedeathofme

Hello...

Will you ever make this available for i910 WQVGA?

I installed it just to see if it would work and I'm able to use the flashlight, and I can access the menu on the compass screen but the layout is outta wack (kinda figured it would be).

Please let me know, I have been waiting a long time for an app like this.

Thanks

Edited by thedeathofme

Guest Rapid81
Hello...

Will you ever make this available for i910 WQVGA?

I installed it just to see if it would work and I'm able to use the flashlight, and I can access the menu on the compass screen but the layout is outta wack (kinda figured it would be).

Please let me know, I have been waiting a long time for an app like this.

Thanks

i910 has a magnetic sensor? I don't know about that.

If you want to use flashlight, then download the O2Flash.

i910 has a magnetic sensor? I don't know about that.

If you want to use flashlight, then download the O2Flash.

Can this not pull gps data to set waypoints? It would be nice to set a waypoint from gps data and save it to a list.

Guest Rapid81
Can this not pull gps data to set waypoints? It would be nice to set a waypoint from gps data and save it to a list.

I don't understand the first question. The destinations list solvable.

When there will be a new version пограммы 3,22? :D

I'm playing with the accelerometer part and trying to create fade out-in at the light sensor page. And I'm trying to create a managable way to change pages skins, because no more space in one page to all pages skinchange dropdown lists.

Edited by Rapid81