O2Compass and O2Flash

• 1 month later...
Guest amanshah

Bro, my Omnia II using stock rom, comes with .NET Compact Framework 3.5.9198.0.

Install O2Compass and it doesn’t work.

Trying to install 3.5 cab, and it saying that i had already had the latest .NET Framework.

Really need the O2compass to work, appreciate for help. By the way, noob here.

Tq.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Rapid81
Bro, my Omnia II using stock rom, comes with .NET Compact Framework 3.5.9198.0.

Install O2Compass and it doesn’t work.

Trying to install 3.5 cab, and it saying that i had already had the latest .NET Framework.

Really need the O2compass to work, appreciate for help. By the way, noob here.

Tq.

What exactly the error message or what you get when you want to start the program?

Other:

Over 5000 downloads of the v3.31 from 4shared

The hungarian version is almost 900.

On the freewarepocketpc.net the downloads count is over 35.000!!!

Over 45.000 hit on Google!!!

I never imagined this!

I'm really happy and I can only thank you it for you guys!

Other 2:

If someone have any experience in 3D programming on Windows Phone, under Visual Basic .NET Compact Framework (VS2007) I can really appriciate some help in to move the project to 3D (Directdraw, OpenGL ES or Direct3D - especially under OpenGL ES, because it's the best on WM). PM me or send an email.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest bobhero

Is there anyway I can program O2Flash to shut off the LED after maybe 1 minute? I don't want to accidentally turn it on, and leave it for several hours and burn the LED.

Guest Darius P.
Is there anyway I can program O2Flash to shut off the LED after maybe 1 minute? I don't want to accidentally turn it on, and leave it for several hours and burn the LED.

Try to find some task killer with timer- this is just one way.

Guest bobhero

OP said

Changes in V1.1:

- The application does not let the phone to sleep, so the flash doesn't turn off when the screens turn off.

I'm using version 3.3.1, I noticed when I turn off the screen, that the LEDs turn off. Is there anyway known to prevent this? I know with other phone like the Touch Pro it is possible.

Also tried installing v1.1 on its own, but the flash still turns off when lock button is pressed.

Very ambitious list of new features, any chance you have a new release that needs testing?

To do list (no priority order at all):

- inclinometer

- proctractor

- integrated Google Maps

- Beep sound for Metal detector

- Port the whole project to OpenGL ES

Edited by bobhero

Guest bobhero

I have done some more testing with the flashlight:

When plugged into USB connection and you start the dedicated flashlight application, the LEDs will remain lit when screen is turned off. Even if you unplug the USB connection (without turning off the LEDs) you can still turn the screen on and off without the LEDs turning off.

When plugged into wall charger this behaviour does NOT occur. Only with USB. Plugged into wall results in same behaviour as on battery; the LEDs turn off when the screen is turned off.

This would be the perfect application if the flashlight would remain on when the screen is off.

Guest Rapid81

There's no any settings for this app. If you put it in you pocket, lock the screen, and you cannot turn it on by accident. That's all.

I have done some more testing with the flashlight:

When plugged into USB connection and you start the dedicated flashlight application, the LEDs will remain lit when screen is turned off. Even if you unplug the USB connection (without turning off the LEDs) you can still turn the screen on and off without the LEDs turning off.

When plugged into wall charger this behaviour does NOT occur. Only with USB. Plugged into wall results in same behaviour as on battery; the LEDs turn off when the screen is turned off.

This would be the perfect application if the flashlight would remain on when the screen is off.

That's the WM. When you turn off the screen, the WM shuts down everything. The O2Flash is keeping the phone in wake mode, but if you press the button, the flash turns out. I'm trying to bypass this from the very beggining, but with no luck. I'll trying further... If I'll found the solution, I'll upload new version.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Rapid81
On my old phone I was using TorchButton 2.3 by Netripper. It had the ability to keep the LED on after screen was turned off, but doesn't work on our O2. Maybe Netripper can offer some insight.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=581382

Thank you for the suggestion, he's helped me!!!

The O2Flash 1.2 is uploaded and you can found it at the usual place!

Guest bobhero
Thank you for the suggestion, he's helped me!!!

The O2Flash 1.2 is uploaded and you can found it at the usual place!

That's great that he helped you :D

I will test 1.2, do you plan to update O2Compass with it?

Guest bobhero

I have been testing 1.2 and glad to report no new issues!

One minor issue that remains from before is if you try to open the camera app while flashlight is on, the camera app will freeze. But not really too big of a problem.

The only other useful feature I can think of to improve the flash light may be to find a way to access the "bright" mode of the LEDs. If you notice when you take a picture with flash, the LEDs get much brighter for the 0.5 seconds of the flash. With the various HTC phones, you can use the LEDs in either that bright mode or normal mode. Maybe there is a greater chance of burning out your LED with this way (that's why many HTC flashlight programs have built in time out for 30 seconds - adjustable).

Thanks Rapid for the wonderful app.

Out of curiosity, did you have any plans for a future version of O2Compass?

Edited by bobhero

Guest Rapid81
Out of curiosity, did you have any plans for a future version of O2Compass?

I have plans, but like I mentioned before, I need someone who help me in the OpenGL ES version, but noone shows up 'till now. And I did not found any useful example for OpenGL ES programming under VB.NET.

Guest Carlos Sun
I have plans, but like I mentioned before, I need someone who help me in the OpenGL ES version, but noone shows up 'till now. And I did not found any useful example for OpenGL ES programming under VB.NET.

is OpenGL ES necessary to make the rotation of compass smoother? ;) may be there are some experts in XDA forum? :)

Guest Rapid81
is OpenGL ES necessary to make the rotation of compass smoother? ;) may be there are some experts in XDA forum? :)

It's necessary, because the simple NETCF cannot have the ability to rotate an image by any given angle. Only the Direct3D, DirectDraw and the OpenGL ES can capable of such things. The Direct3D is not usable to me, because it's uses maximum 256x256 textures, and the compass is 400x400. The DirectDraw is useless either. Only the OpenGL ES is capable to do what I want to do.

I asked here in the forum (and on XDA) to someone help me to move this project to OpenGL ES, but nobody helped me, not a little, than not at all. I tried on my own, but I don' have enough money to buy a book about it, and all book is uses C# to explain the OGLES, but I programming in VB.NET. And no book available in my language either. I tried some example what I found on the Internet, but I cannot use it to my purposes.

I ask the forumers one more time, if someone can give me an example in VB.NET what's rotate a 400x400 pixels image by any angle in OpenGL ES (1.X or maybe 2.0), I can start it from there.

I don't have enough time to read (and money to buy) 4-5 books to learn the OpenGL, then read 4-5 more to learn how to use it under Windows Mobile (the OpenGL and the OpenGL ES is not the same) with VB.NET.

Recently I found documentations about it, but I don't have time to read it since that.

• 1 month later...

Awesome work. Been thinking of getting an i920 and this definitely makes it more likely.

I didn't see this in the FAQ, my apologies if I missed it somewhere in the thread. How quickly does this drain the battery? If I'm using the phone to Geocaching in the woods, how long would the battery last? And would this work with custom ROMs?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Rapid81
Can someone re-upload "O2FlashV1.2.CAB" link form first page is not working

Thx

I tried the link and it's working.

Awesome work. Been thinking of getting an i920 and this definitely makes it more likely.

I didn't see this in the FAQ, my apologies if I missed it somewhere in the thread. How quickly does this drain the battery? If I'm using the phone to Geocaching in the woods, how long would the battery last? And would this work with custom ROMs?

Thanks.

It's not using lots of power. An iGO drain the battery way much faster.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest arnold115

Hi Rapid,

i install your Compass V.3.31 and V.3.1 on my i8000(with your lite Rom I8000NXXJI1), but i find not the metal detector. Is the metal detector a joke or why i doesn't find it?

Greetz arnold115

edit: i am so bad, now i see the Beta Video from Compass, and than i found the metal detector, sorry for my post, please delete this post.

Very good work, it looks fine and good funktion, thank you.

Edited by arnold115

• 3 months later...

Hi,

This is the first time I post here.

Currently I am doing a project using Windows Mobile to use the digital compass in i8000 to know the direction of the phone owner.

I am not sure if I can obtain the compass data.

Since the O2Compass can show the direction, can anyone direct me to obtain these data?

Thanks.

Edited by ftkoay

• 1 year later...