O2Compass and O2Flash

Guest damienloh
forever cant get the calibration to work... keep moving in figure 8 but it takes 1million years to calibrate.

I followed reply #97 and turn the Omnia II like a gyroscope in a few directions.

Guest Snow02
this is why i calibrate before entering my car,or somewhere in public,lol,,,love this app!! everything works great!thanks again!

You should implement a calibration process like that for aligning the screen. I.e. Say orient phone as if it were flat on a table, hold for 2 seconds, now face screen towards floor, hold for two seconds, etc. That way you can enter exact calibration data with minimal end-user exertion. As a side benefit, calibrating this thing will no longer make you look like a crazy person with a seizure disorder.

Guest Rapid81
You should implement a calibration process like that for aligning the screen. I.e. Say orient phone as if it were flat on a table, hold for 2 seconds, now face screen towards floor, hold for two seconds, etc. That way you can enter exact calibration data with minimal end-user exertion. As a side benefit, calibrating this thing will no longer make you look like a crazy person with a seizure disorder.

The calibration is a hadware side process not software side. I just read the calibration's progress value.

Guest Snow02
The calibration is a hadware side process not software side. I just read the calibration's progress value.

Gotcha. That's unfortunate. I refuse to flail in public. Although I guess if you had a few people together you could have races to see who can calibrate the fastest. That would make for an entertaining video short. But in all seriousness, great app. Thanks for the work.

Edited by Snow02

Guest akm_inferno

thank you bro! works great on my omnia II..! had a little trouble with the calibration part initially, but managed to get through it eventually.. initially was using the compass when u press "*#0*#".. was so bad looking.. BUT yrs is simply too nice!! love it..!!

Guest 2ksilverbullet

I found that mine (i920) calibrates in seconds when I hold the phone in my hand (as if I was picking it up off a table) and just rotating my wrist in circles.

Again, great app.

Guest Rapid81

"Ok, so maybe there’s only 14 steps." ;)

Thx the publicity!

Over 750 downloads of the compass and over 120 of the creation pack, just from the 4shared. :)

I'm curious about the new skins. ;)

Calibration:

Sorry for the bad quality and my bad english. I made this with my older phone. B)

Edited by Rapid81

Guest Dino_Donis

Thanks for a great app...one request... a nice slick black theme to match the I8000....something like the actual icon that is shown for the program....

Guest Rapid81

I'm working on the GPS part of the program. Now I managed to get working the OpenNetCF's GPS solution (I throw away the GPS Intermediate Driver because it's too poor about the features), but the wheater is so bad now than I can't see any satellites at all. B) Snowing and raining and snowing and raining... :)

Btw if the wheater will be better, then I will implement the waypoint support with distance and direction writeouts.

why we can only calibrate once? and I noticed that I have to calibrate again after softreset?

Because until a soft reset the magnetic sensor stays in calibrated state.

Edited by Rapid81

Guest Rapid81

OK, I have a little progress:

- Now I can calculate distance and bearing to a designated waypoint.

- (The next step is to draw a needle to the compass what's point to the WP.)

- The distance's units can be miles, kilometers and nautical miles.

- The coordinates values can be decimal, fractional and sexagesimal.

- The waypoint coordinates only can be decimal (at least for now)

The app will be ideal to ... for example ... geocaching... etc. :)

Edited by Rapid81

Guest charly_mx

Hey my friend. The app is so cool. It works excellent. The calibration was super mega fast, i mean i dont know why people is complaninng about it, its super fast, just complete full cicles in the 3 axis and thats it!! :) love the light on feature!! so usefull!

Guest chrissonwee

Yup! Calibration is only a few seconds even after a soft-reset :)

The flashlight works beautifully,no hangs even after switching on/off

Good work bro B)

Guest Rapid81
No flashlight for me either. Stock VZW firmware....

Program looks great though!

Then something wrong with those firmwares or with the SDK. The flaslight is only two command and it's uses the Samsung's SDK. In the next version I will use 2.1.0 SDK, maybe it will work. Until that, try to download the Samsung SDK 2.1.0 and change the SamsungMobilesdk_2.dll in the program's installation folder. Hope it helps.