i8000 WM6.5 ROM (Updated 18 July 2010)

Guest Gary Crutcher

Guest Stockholm
Thank you for bringing lite JC2 ROM so fast!

Do you have any suggestions for CSC? I still use JC1 Europen and the keyboards are just fine (1234567890 not 0123456789 like in Asian keyboards)

Do you have to install a CSC? My PDA is now JC1 (Mars18), CSC: EMTY, PHONE JB2. Flashed with "erase CSC" checked. Am I missing something? Everything seams to work OK and I can get Swedish Keyboard just fine.

Guest Gary Crutcher
Do you have to install a CSC? My PDA is now JC1 (Mars18), CSC: EMTY, PHONE JB2. Flashed with "erase CSC" checked. Am I missing something? Everything seams to work OK and I can get Swedish Keyboard just fine.

You should not have to install a new CSC unless you have flashed the ZHJC2 CSC.

There is a problem with that CSC and the ML xT9 Keyboards I installed.

Guest Stockholm
You should not have to install a new CSC unless you have flashed the ZHJC2 CSC.

There is a problem with that CSC and the ML xT9 Keyboards I installed.

So, if I don't care about xT9 then I'm fine even with the new JC2?

Thank you for your help and roms. Used it 1 day and are not missing anything just happy with all free ram.

Guest Gary Crutcher
So, if I don't care about xT9 then I'm fine even with the new JC2?

Thank you for your help and roms. Used it 1 day and are not missing anything just happy with all free ram.

Should be ok with JC2.

Guest skoda60

RS server was heavily overloaded. Yesterday downloaded the JC2 Hong Kong version from China web site. It take me one hour to fully downloaded one file more then 326mb. Try more then 2 days still failed. The downloaded speed less then 10kb/s for free user. Will waited few days then try again.

Guest Chivas610

I just don't get the xt9 problems im experiencing....in jb3 lite 6.5.5 the norwegian xt9 works. In this jc2 lite 6.5 it doesn't - not even after applying the xt9 cab posted in this forum :-(

Can anyone plz point me to a lite rom without any xt9 probs?

Guest Man12529
Samsung MMS/SMS was not removed nor disabled.

Here is a cab which should help, though.

Omnia_II_SMS_MMS.cab

hi. thanks for the reply. I had tried installing the cab file but the same problem still arise. when I receive new sms if I use the pop up to read the sms, I be redirected to tmail. also some time if I click back after reading a mail.

Guest Terry666

Well Gary I couldn't wait till tomorrow and I Just flashed and installed all back... ;)

My combination finally : (I did what you suggested) :P :D

Eboot = JC1

PDA = JC2

CSC = JB3

PHONE = JB2

RAM 70MB (S2U2 - SPB Shell / Keyb / Weather / Time... All on)

MAIN 182MB And I have installed ALL my programes and the CABs I like but you have left out (in "My Storage")...

All nice and smooth but I think (I'm NOT sure) the RAM was a bit better with the JC1

Thank you once more.... B)

Now for the 6.5.5 ? :) ;) :P

Edited by Terry666

Guest Crudeoil

I've been testing JC1 ultra lite rom.. and IT IS the BEST ONE i have ever tried so far.. Very stable.. I also noticed that compared to other rom's i've tested this one has the least memory leak.

The only thing that caught my attention is that battery indicator seems to stuck on 100%, as on 2 days using alltime data connection it was still at 100% till i made a soft reset. When it came back it was showing 78% (the best mileage it has ever done btw).

Thanks Gary for sharing your wonderfull work.

Edited by Crudeoil

Guest surenz

I didn't understand this JC2 rom is Lite or Ultralite? Because with 256 MB free space it seems to me that it is Ultralite. And in the explanation is written just Lite.

Guest Gary Crutcher
I just don't get the xt9 problems im experiencing....in jb3 lite 6.5.5 the norwegian xt9 works. In this jc2 lite 6.5 it doesn't - not even after applying the xt9 cab posted in this forum :-(

Can anyone plz point me to a lite rom without any xt9 probs?

What CSC are you using?

If you are using ZHJC2 CSC, xT9 won't work.

Guest Gary Crutcher
I've been testing JC1 ultra lite rom.. and IT IS the BEST ONE i have ever tried so far.. Very stable.. I also noticed that compared to other rom's i've tested this one has the least memory leak.

The only thing that caught my attention is that battery indicator seems to stuck on 100%, as on 2 days using alltime data connection it was still at 100% till i made a soft reset. When it came back it was showing 78% (the best mileage it has ever done btw).

Thanks Gary for sharing your wonderfull work.

Thanks! :)

Guest Chivas610
What CSC are you using?

If you are using ZHJC2 CSC, xT9 won't work.

I'm using JA5 csc. I usually keep the csc as the one i use seems to work splendid :)

Guest kersey
My combination finally : (I did what you suggested) ;) :P

Eboot = JC1

PDA = JC2

CSC = JB3

PHONE = JB2

RAM 70MB (S2U2 - SPB Shell / Keyb / Weather / Time... All on)

MAIN 182MB And I have installed ALL my programes and the CABs I like but you have left out (in "My Storage")...

All nice and smooth but I think (I'm NOT sure) the RAM was a bit better with the JC1

Thank you once more.... :D

Now for the 6.5.5 ? :) ;) :P

Am looking for the JB3 csc myself...where did you manage to find it Terry666??

Guest Gary Crutcher
I'm using JA5 csc. I usually keep the csc as the one i use seems to work splendid :)

I tried JB1/JB3/JC1/JC2 PDA with the ZHJC2 CSC and could not get the XT9 keyboards

working.

Have not tried all CSCs, so cannot comment on earlier versions.

I just went back to the last one I used (JB3) and it worked.

Wish I could be of more help.

Guest kersey
I tried JB1/JB3/JC1/JC2 PDA with the ZHJC2 CSC and could not get the XT9 keyboards

working.

Have not tried all CSCs, so cannot comment on earlier versions.

I just went back to the last one I used (JB3) and it worked.

Wish I could be of more help.

Would you be so kind as to direct me to the JB3 csc please Gary :)

Guest surenz
I didn't understand this JC2 rom is Lite or Ultralite?

Because with 256 MB free space it seems to me that it is Ultralite. And in the explanation is written just Lite.

Ahhh, can I double my question ? Is it typo or true :)

Edited by surenz

Guest jebise

was opera removed in the new JC2? screnshots of the startmenu would be nice :)

great work gary, still on JB3 which works very well for me.

Edited by jebise

Guest skoda60

Excellance ROM. I finished flashed to the JC1 Ulite ROM today. Now the voicebook2 worked. I can stay with this ROM for longer time. Thank very much!

I had tested JC2(Hong Kong) yesterday. It was very closed to JC1 Taiwan. Not going for your JC2 Ulite. Very happy with JC1 Ulite. Now many programs I had installed in device. Enjoy!

Guest kersey

Is anyone else having problems with email and SMS using the native windows screens??

It won't let me select 'new' to write any texts or emails :)

Edited by kersey