i8000 WM6.5 ROM (Updated 18 July 2010)

Guest Gary Crutcher

Guest slavke1976

I had an isue with sms with your ROM, problem was that when i shuld receive sms i dont have and sound for incoming sms, or windows notification ( i used resco today), only screen starts. I went in sms inbox and there is no messages, then i switched to samsung widgets and still no changes, only when i use default plugin for messages as for today on my screen i have notification that i have some unread messages but messages are not in inbox. So i reflash my phone with secany JA5 and all working well. I dont know it is only happens to me with your ROM or to other peoples to.

Guest Gary Crutcher
I had an isue with sms with your ROM, problem was that when i shuld receive sms i dont have and sound for incoming sms, or windows notification ( i used resco today), only screen starts. I went in sms inbox and there is no messages, then i switched to samsung widgets and still no changes, only when i use default plugin for messages as for today on my screen i have notification that i have some unread messages but messages are not in inbox. So i reflash my phone with secany JA5 and all working well. I dont know it is only happens to me with your ROM or to other peoples to.

Nothing was changed/removed to affect SMS/MMS.

Language keyboards were re-installed and Kies issue was fixed.

Should not affect SMS/MMS.

Guest Terry666
Nothing was changed/removed to affect SMS/MMS.

Language keyboards were re-installed and Kies issue was fixed.

Should not affect SMS/MMS.

Dear Gary I had exactly the same problem and I decided to try your new-one cause I started seeing this problem after a connection to my PC (Active no NPC) and I thought maybe some trouble with the PC connections...

Plus I lost Internet settings too... We'll see...

The problem didn't come up at the beginning, but I didn't had any SMS...

Edited by Terry666

Guest skoda60
I was using your pdaJB3-8PP.nb0 for the past few days. I done a full device backup before flashed the new GC_JB3_Kbd_KiesFix.nb0. Restored back from my backup set but unfortunate that my Voicebook2 application was not working after this. Hard reset, restore to the previous backup set, the voicebook2 still refused to work. Then I flashed back to pdaJB3-8PP.nb0 and restored back all my program from the latest backup set. And all the programs were working fine.

There was something different in this GC_JB3_Kbd_KiesFix.nb0. But please not to watse time for it because I still comfortable with the second version. Appreciate you hard worked. I like your cooking.

My files size:

JB1_pdaGC8PP.nb0 273.295mb

pdaJB3-8PP.nb0 273.295mb

GC_JB3_Kbd_KiesFix.nb0 296.949mb

Just reply to myself.

Today I flashed to JB3(Rdy2go) full. And all my program were working well including voicebook2. Gary, your GC_JB3_Kbd_KiesFix.nb0 have miss out something.

Guest Gary Crutcher
Just reply to myself.

Today I flashed to JB3(Rdy2go) full. And all my program were working well including voicebook2. Gary, your GC_JB3_Kbd_KiesFix.nb0 have miss out something.

Only 2 differences between the 2 roms:

1. language keyboards re-installed

2. modules relocated to fix Kies issue

My guess is the module relocation is causing voicebook2 to not work.

Edited by Gary Crutcher

Guest moxadrian

hi all ,just flashed gc lite rom will test and share opinions.Thank you Gary for yor great work and for being smarter.

After making some tests to the 10 match Rom and some Sktools usage I post a few pictures.

The only bug is that the RSS reader is shown in chinese language but I don't use it, in rest great job and Samsung should share the profits with you Gary.A very much THANK YOU

post-670388-1268589380_thumb.png

post-670388-1268589390_thumb.png

post-670388-1268589396_thumb.png

Edited by moxadrian

Guest kersey
JB3 Ultra Lite ROM in Post #1

Enjoy!

<_<

Excellent, will flash this afternoon...what does 'timebomb patched' mean or do???

Edited by kersey

Guest Gary Crutcher
Excellent, will flash this afternoon...what does 'timebomb patched' mean or do???

Was a mistake when I edited page 1 - sorry.

Guest Glilium

Using the B3 5th March ROM. Everything works fine to me.

But the RAM falls to around 40MB after some time. I guess must be the memory drain effect.

Level3 cleanRAM is able to save 10MB RAM everytime I use it.

Guest jebise

I just flashed JB3 lite a couple days ago and now a ultralite version, dam you gary <_<. Great work will be flashing to it but later, any reviews of ultra lite vs lite besides having more storage. Are samsung dialer, sms, text, clock still there?

Some screen shots of the start menu would be great.

Gary will you be working on some cabs of apps you removed? would love it if i can install some stuff with the option of uninstalling it later.

Edited by jebise

Guest Gary Crutcher
I just flashed JB3 lite a couple days ago and now a ultralite version, dam you gary <_<. Great work will be flashing to it but later, any reviews of ultra lite vs lite besides having more storage. Are samsung dialer, sms, text, clock still there?

Some screen shots of the start menu would be great.

Gary will you be working on some cabs of apps you removed? would love it if i can install some stuff with the option of uninstalling it later.

Yes, Samsumg dialer, sms, test, clock still there.

No time for cabs...working on a JC1 Ultra Lite - they took out the xt9 keyboard, so I have to re-install it.

Guest kersey

I think I'll give JB3 Ultralite as miss as am looking forward to Gary's JC1 Ultralite <_<

Will it be safe to flash with Octans using the nb0 file he provides and also update the phone part with the JB2 file I've got as I'm currently on JB1.

Cheers

Edited by kersey

Guest Lancez
I think I'll give JB3 Ultralite as miss as am looking forward to Gary's JC1 Ultralite :mellow:

Will it be safe to flash with Octans using the nb0 file he provides and also update the phone part with the JB2 file I've got as I'm currently on JB1.

Cheers

it is safe to flash nb0 with Octan thats how we do it around here these days <_<

Guest kersey
it is safe to flash nb0 with Octan thats how we do it around here these days <_<

Sorry, what I was trying to say is it safe to flash GC's nb0 file and a JB2 phone file I have at the same time :mellow:

Edited by kersey

Guest speedfrog
Sorry, what I was trying to say is it safe to flash GC's nb0 file and a JB2 phone file I have at the same time :mellow:

yes!!!!! why not <_<

Guest Lancez
Sorry, what I was trying to say is it safe to flash GC's nb0 file and a JB2 phone file I have at the same time <_<

ya, why not? mix & match, do whatever u want :mellow: . i've tried flashing Sinan's 6.1 with JB2. these 2 parts are not related, u can flash any phone parts that u desire, just make sure the phone part is for i8000.

Guest kersey
ya, why not? mix & match, do whatever u want <_< . i've tried flashing Sinan's 6.1 with JB2. these 2 parts are not related, u can flash any phone parts that u desire, just make sure the phone part is for i8000.

Cheers...that what I was hoping :mellow:

Guest jebise

hey gary maybe you want to download the official JC1 off FUS or KIES or the links posted in the JC1 thread instead of using the Chinese version. I know this means you have to start over but it would greatly appreciated and please make a lite version as well.

Edited by jebise

Guest Gary Crutcher
hey gary maybe you want to download the official JC1 off FUS or KIES or the links posted in the JC1 thread instead of using the Chinese version. I know this means you have to start over but it would greatly appreciated and please make a lite version as well.

I have downloaded it and no difference between JB1/JB3 that I can tell.

Version number on EURO JC1 is 21889 and on Chinese version is 21892.

Both version work well with JB3 CSC. Am using JB2 phone part.

Considering the above, I will probably release an ultralite using the Chinese

version. Besides, they removed a lot things for me already.

I understand some people may be concerned about this, but please don't be.

Have been using a beta version of my UL using the Chinese JC1 pda for a few days

now and have had no problems. Works well with JB2 phone and JB3 CSC.

Guest Lancez

Have been using a beta version of my UL using the Chinese JC1 pda for a few days

we will not complain about which version u r going to use as ur base ROM. consider the newer built version, newer interface, and faster response on ZUJC1. we all appreciate ur hardwork <_<

Guest unholygid2006

Bro... i really cant wait for your UL rom. <_<