T*OMNIA2's very smooth mainmenu It's like IPhone!! (attached mainmenu.exe file)

Guest harrypotter222
WOW! If you don't load the menu (for example, I have Resco Explorer on my 2nd button) and load this menu first time, when you press the 1st button (hex one, for menu), the new menu loads every time! That's because it's already in memory.

OR

You can replace the MainMenu.exe from Windows folder with this one :huh:

I used Safe Mode and even so it's tricky: you have to copy the new one as MainMenu1.exe, rename MainMenu.exe to MainMenu2.exe and then rename MainMenu1.exe to MainMenu.exe

I did it and now my menu is blazing fast :P

Note: I didn't do anything with the new .mui file, I just replaced the exe!

THANK YOU!

I'm very new to this, how to boot to safe mode? I'm using stock rom from i8000L

my \windows\mainmenu.exe has no rename option at the moment via activesync explorer

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dstu
Editted the mainmenu.exe file to have the settings icon....enjoy....

post-460569-1268296983_thumb.png

MainMenu_Icon_changed.rar

Hello,

I downloaded and installed this new MainMenu on my OmniaII (WinMo 6.5), but it's not working. I get this as the list of programs (which do not work):

post-487289-1273380157_thumb.jpg

...and when I try to add programs instead, I get an empty list:

post-487289-1273380247_thumb.jpg

It might be important to specify that the reason I was looking for this new MainMenu is that my existing one didn't work anymore. I was trying to open it and got the "Wait" cursor for a couple of seconds and then, nothing.

If anyone can help, I would highly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Guest Ender Psp
Hello,

I downloaded and installed this new MainMenu on my OmniaII (WinMo 6.5), but it's not working. I get this as the list of programs (which do not work):

It might be important to specify that the reason I was looking for this new MainMenu is that my existing one didn't work anymore. I was trying to open it and got the "Wait" cursor for a couple of seconds and then, nothing.

Thanks in advance.

It looks like you have some other files missing or corrupted.

Guest dstu
Do a Hard reset, and then change mainmenu.exe with Resco file explorer/make backup of original mainmenu.exe before/or just try with my orig.mm.exe

MainMenu.rar

Hi,

Thank you for your advice.

In your attachment, there are 2 files.

Where does the 2nd file (.mui) go? What is it for?

Thanks.

Guest mipepim

Its source for exe file i think, just copy in win folder, restart/for make backup of your 2 files/ and see what comes :P

Guest xkill3rprox
Solution for my problem? Can you elaborate?

Thanks

I was asking a question about mapping thie mainmenu.exe onto a hard button cause i was using samsung settings all along.

& edited it cause i found the solution.

Guest cpaun

Hi,

I read this topic and this menu seems very interesting. I have an Acer F900 and since it has the same processor as Omnia 2 I thought that I give it a try. So I downloaded the .rar file and unpacked it to my SD card but it doesn't start. If I launch the .exe file the phone simply does nothing. It seems like I need more resource files for this menu to work on my Acer phone. My question: is it possible that someone share all the files that this menu needs to start on any phone other that Samsung?

Thanks!

Guest ED2O9

This is a nice main menu. I wonder if anyone has extracted it from the Verizon i920 ROM, since it's almost identical, but the Verizon version has a red or green theme option. Also, I wish there was a way to chose the number of columns and rows. Three by four is kinda big and blocky looking, especially with the number of apps I have installed. I would have to flip through 5 or 6 pages to find what I'm looking for.

Guest Omega Ra
This is a nice main menu. I wonder if anyone has extracted it from the Verizon i920 ROM, since it's almost identical, but the Verizon version has a red or green theme option. Also, I wish there was a way to chose the number of columns and rows. Three by four is kinda big and blocky looking, especially with the number of apps I have installed. I would have to flip through 5 or 6 pages to find what I'm looking for.

this isn't from the i920, it is from the Korea version of the phone, still Touchwiz, but the Korea version is faster and uses less resources.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest xkill3rprox
Initially i was just curious to find out where the buttons links to, so i open up the binary with notepad and went thru the pages to find the pattern and i found out it points to mysmart.exe. As for changing the binary to point to mainmenu.exe, u have to ask Vagus to answer.......i have no idea how he did it..... :-)

As for editing the icons...i am using PE Explorer to edit the graphics......hope it helps.......

Hey mind being more specific? Do you mean editing file 10009 in the IIMAGE?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest athulag

Hello

can somebody please upload the mainmenu.exe from JC4 (or later ROM) with the task switcher mapped to the middle button ?

I moved from Sinapore official JC4 rom to 6.5.3 JE3. But now I am missing the main menu.

thanks in advance

Guest athulag

Hello again

I have attached a screenshot of the mainmenu.exe with taskswitcher button.

This is the version I am looking for. I am really missing this mainmenu.exe in JE3 rom (6.5.3)

post-692940-1276930328_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest athulag
Hello again

I have attached a screenshot of the mainmenu.exe with taskswitcher button.

This is the version I am looking for. I am really missing this mainmenu.exe in JE3 rom (6.5.3)

I found the main menu pictured above from JE2 rom in the following thread from twu2

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...-lite-20100514/

I have also uploaded the cab file here so it is easier to find

i8000nxxje2_mainmenu.cab

Guest Kourkoubas

Hello,

I downloaded and installed this new MainMenu on my OmniaII (WinMo 6.5.3), but it's not working. I get this as the list of programs (which do not work):

Thanks in advance.

Guest Kourkoubas
Hello,

Thanks in advance.

I have the same problem in WinMo 6.5.3 ... any suggestions ?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest athulag
I've got a 6.5.3 too and its not working unfortunately. If there is a way to get it running please post it

Here is my experience with the main menu with windows 6.5.3

It worked without any problem in the original 6.5.3 JE3 rom. I had to just copy the MainMenu.exe file to windows directory (or install the cab file). It worked without any problem.

Then about a week ago I created my own light rom using the master twu2's script. In the light rom I could not get the main menu to work. (I also tried recreating the rom with the MainMenu*.mui files but did not help). I am suspecting that there may be connection to me removing the *.rgu files from my light rom. Other than this issue with the main menu my light rom works perfect over the last week.

So if you have the samsung stock JE3 rom (installed from original *.MST file) then I think it should work. But if you have a light rom it may not work.