Omnia II have battery life of 1+ day?!?!?!

Guest Khisha
It is. I Also was getting 1.5 days. But I was OK with that since I have chargers everywhere.

Lately I have reflashed the ROM, and didn't install any background services applications.

(No SKtools, no S2U2, no realtime weather application, no e-mail configured)

3G is on. I am using it just as a phone: a lot of BT and some occasional talking (20 minutes a day) and guess what...

My last charge was on Friday today the battery bar missed one line. We are talking about 2 + days.

I believe in this way I will get 5 days of running. I am doing this as experiment. Perhaps will log it here/

This night the phone battery drained.

Lasting some 90+ hours of working without single charge or USB connection.

During those 4 days I did some hour + of phone talking. Some 4 hours of headset BT connection on.

Around 10 minutes of web surfing and one hour of navigation.

I guess that in my regular S2U2 and background 3G updates of e-mails and weather are the most battery consuming.

Today I will flash JD3 and perform the same experiment again.

Guest bonbontea
This night the phone battery drained.

Lasting some 90+ hours of working without single charge or USB connection.

During those 4 days I did some hour + of phone talking. Some 4 hours of headset BT connection on.

Around 10 minutes of web surfing and one hour of navigation.

I guess that in my regular S2U2 and background 3G updates of e-mails and weather are the most battery consuming.

Today I will flash JD3 and perform the same experiment again.

i agree with u, i also think internet updates is the culprit behind my huge battery consumption.

cause even in standby mode, the internet still on n keep updating.

Guest darkworldzz

can any1 check?? after dialling *#9911# the screen after shows that the battery used is 1400mAh.. it should be 1500mAh right?? anyway to fix this??

Pffft Samsung always...its like they made samsung half heartedly...

Guest B2DaRad

Try changing your email sync options. Email->tools->options->"your email account"->sync schedule. I have mine set to every 2hrs. When I first got the phone it was set to "as items arrive" and it ate my battery really fast.

Edited by B2DaRad

Guest slimyspartagus
can any1 check?? after dialling *#9911# the screen after shows that the battery used is 1400mAh.. it should be 1500mAh right?? anyway to fix this??

Pffft Samsung always...its like they made samsung half heartedly...

Dialing *#9911# doesn't do anything on my phone. it just says call cannot be completed. I am on verizon in the usa.

Guest darkworldzz

lol.. u should be brought to the battery Soc screen..

now it says its 1440mAh.. hmm... the back of my battery says 1500mAh.. some other sites say i8000 uses 1440...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest slimyspartagus
lol.. u should be brought to the battery Soc screen..

now it says its 1440mAh.. hmm... the back of my battery says 1500mAh.. some other sites say i8000 uses 1440...

has any one figured out how to get to the Soc screen on the i1920?

Guest redzone321

i think the difference is 3G/wifi

since i am on bell and have to rely on 3G for everything i think thats what makes the difference

• 5 months later...

I am bringing this post up to clarify a few things:

Say I do this and I get an original SOC of 92%, then I press the SOC button and the number changes. What happens really?

If the number lowers (for example goes down to 90.5%) is it a bad or a good thing?

If the number goes up (for example to 97%) is it a bad or a good thing?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Andres.S.O.

i did it with a 2 weeks battery, the i had 93% and after reset i wanted to remember that was 89% or low, can anyone say me if it´s for best?

thanks to all.

updated: after 8 hours. battery at 75%, 2g mode, standby mode all time , only six times for see if i had a any call or message, on windows-init the spbshell, the touchlockpro and a call recorder, no mail daemont, etc. it´s good, i think that without any use it´s would be more battery?

thanks agail

Edited by Andres.S.O.