nOObody and Rapid Sense 2.5 ROM

Guest Rapid81

Guest akazulu

Hi everybody!

I'm new user of Samsung Omina II (PDA: I8000NXXII9; CSC: I8000DBTII9; PHONE: I8000XXII6) with Windows Mobile 6.5 Professional (CE OS 5.2.21856 Build 21856.5.0.65).

Also, I'm new in this flashing bussines so I need some help from You great experts!

Does in this ROM exist very anoying bug with incoming call delay? And is there any memory leak as in SPB Mobile shell (which is perfect tool but very memory hungry)?

And, can I flash my phone with this newest ROM (only CSS and PDA part) with my windows 7 laptop?

Sorry for my bad english and greetings from Croatia!

just a question guys. ive been using the rapids latest rom with tf3d. and i noticed that whenever someone text message me, the time that i get the message is always 4 hrs behind. i search the phone in and out to fix it but no luck. and also the alarm symbol on the todays page doesnt change. its always says "alarm off" even though its on.

have you guys have any problem like this?

pls help.

thanks

still no help guys?

Guest ontogmolomo

Hi RAPID81,

I'm new in this kind of exploring and experimenting the ability of our phones. May you please post the step by step instructions on how to install/load this one to my Omnia 2.

Thank you,

Ontogmolomo

nOObody and Rapid Sense 2.5 ROM

Last updated: 22/07/2010 (NXXJF5 - WM6.5)

Latest version: V4.2

Finally, we did it! Our Sense 2.5 is finished! 2 months hard work and we created the fastest Sense 2.5 ROM in the "market".

Everything is working and everything is smooth. :D This ROM is great for the everyday usage.

This ROM is english.

The ROM has a hungarian version, what you can found at the PDAFanClub.com.

Special gifts in the ROM

• Fully working Documents Tab
  • Fully working FaceBook Tab
  • Samsung Dialer, SMS/MMS stayed
  • Samsung Video Call stayed
  • The default CPU speed is Auto
  • Lanscape mode is disabled in Sense (The rotation only denied to the Sense, not in the entire ROM)
    • Browser Snapshot Fix added
    • Album's Fullscreen View Fix added
    • Facebook shortcut
    • Wi-Fi On&Off shortcut
    • Bluetooth On&Off shortcut
    • New Boot/Shutdown screens
    • A Possible fix of the MMS problem - I could not tried.
      • Contacts fix included
      • latest GK OpenGL wrapper included
      • Some little fixes in Sense
        • AS and KIES problem fixed (I tried the settings what wes58 recommended to fix this problems). I did not experienced the problem in AS during the 2 days testing.
        • The Manila's core changed to the Rhodium version. It feels a little faster.
        • File signing/certificate checking disabled.
          • Smart Sync
          • Cube
          • Smart Reader
          • Samsung Main Menu
          • Other languages and keyboards than english
          • Application Store
          • Games
          • Backgrounds
          • Youtube
          • QIK
          • Opera 9.5
          • Google Maps
          • Podcast
          • Samsung FunClub
          • i8000 handbook
          • Widgets
          • MSN Weather
          • MSN Money
          • Live Search
          • SkyBox
          • SkyMarket
          • Marketplace
          • Outlook Live Updater
          • Today Selector

What's added:

[*]Sense 2.5.2011.3030

[*]m6 Color TaskBar Vista Theme (with my waitcursor)

[*]O2Flash 1.1 (on Button1)

[*]SDKCerts 2010

[*]Samsung SDK 2.2

[*]HTC TaskManager 2.1

[*]Opera Mobile 10 Final

[*]Total Commander

[*]SoftReset program

[*]Topaz CommManager

[*]MS My Phone (newest)

Other modifications:

[*]Page Pool Size changed to 8MB

[*]Task manager on Button1 hold

[*]WinMo Settings on by default

[*]GPS on optimum settings (COM4 / 9600)

[*]Changed icons

[*]4 rows Start Menu

[*]My own Lockscreen

[*]My own call screen with bigger caller picture

[*]Front Camera support

[*]Black Theme by default

[*]Registry entry to the photoalbum filter added

Download

Mirror (thx to aci666 and Du5an):

JD6 V4.2

JF5 V4.2

JF5 V4.2

JF4 CSC

Recommendations:

[*]Flash with Octans 2.14

[*]You can flash it with any CSC and you need to, because if you do not flash CSC, you may run into some troubles. :D

Big thanx to who's appriciated our work 'till now!

[*]5€ Kosturica

[*]10€ Moco22

[*]10€ + 10€ Ramy

[*]10€ Winform

[*]5000 HUF Imhotep

[*]10€ jclarel

[*]18€ Charles Edgar

[*]10€ Du5an

[*]5€ eduuuuu

[*]2780 +2220 HUF Kova04

[*]10€ muchospesos

[*]3€ Szabó Máté

[*]10€ Galdemorph

[*]8€ Skoda60

[*]8€ tekes

[*]5€ greganovak

[*]5€ dgmorland

[*]5€ Tarr Levente

Guest Rapid81
only change is JG5 or are u using other sense packages?

cheers

Only JG5. The new Senses not give any improvements. Not faster, no new things, just the version number is bigger.

Guest jmsmartins
Only JG5. The new Senses not give any improvements. Not faster, no new things, just the version number is bigger.

allow me to disagree but sense 2017 is way smoother and faster than 2016 imho. maybe i'm wrong tho

thanks for your answer :D

Guest chokia

Some screenshots of Rapid JG5 in landscape mode

screenshot2wo.jpgscreenshot3k.jpg

Facebook integration in Sense Contact

screenshot4ej.jpgscreenshot5rq.jpg

screenshot6w.jpgscreenshot7h.jpg

screenshot8g.jpgscreenshot9x.jpg

screenshot10p.jpgscreenshot11s.jpg

screenshot1d.jpgscreenshot13s.jpg

Document tab only works after the 1st flash, after that it displays "sd card is full or missing.."

screenshot14j.jpgscreenshot15o.jpg

"Facebook" title is missing in landscape mode

screenshot16i.jpgscreenshot17m.jpg

Facebook integration with HTC phone mask

Edited by chokia

Guest becosemsaida

Hi, all

After reading too much about this phone i decided it was time to flash............... Dloaded the things i needed and got "my hands dirty".

BBBIIIIGGGG problem: Win7 64b and flashing omnia II (I8000) not possible, dismembered almost my pc on trying to make it work and i couldn't do it. (Yes i followed the video and pdf and online tutorial but still no flash). Determend to flash i took my old pc (xp) and voila didn't even had to install drivers, octans and rom and flashed my Omnia.

Tried a few things and "landed" here, nice rom, nice visual interface and will try this for a few days (or more). Great job from noobody and rapid, thanks.

If there are any "bugs" i will post here, since i had always HTC as my main devices i am a bit difficult to please since i need a few apps on a daily basis.

I was used to flas htc devices and this one is giving me a hard time with win7 but i'll keep on trying.

Thanks for this great piece of work.

becosemsaida

Hi, all

After reading too much about this phone i decided it was time to flash............... Dloaded the things i needed and got "my hands dirty".

BBBIIIIGGGG problem: Win7 64b and flashing omnia II (I8000) not possible, dismembered almost my pc on trying to make it work and i couldn't do it. (Yes i followed the video and pdf and online tutorial but still no flash). Determend to flash i took my old pc (xp) and voila didn't even had to install drivers, octans and rom and flashed my Omnia.

Tried a few things and "landed" here, nice rom, nice visual interface and will try this for a few days (or more). Great job from noobody and rapid, thanks.

If there are any "bugs" i will post here, since i had always HTC as my main devices i am a bit difficult to please since i need a few apps on a daily basis.

I was used to flas htc devices and this one is giving me a hard time with win7 but i'll keep on trying.

Thanks for this great piece of work.

becosemsaida

theres a tutorial on how to flash using win 7 if you are still having problems. its on the top page.

Guest exculibert

Hi, JG5 sense rom is not bad, but i found a bug; my location is didn't update weather data. Today screen weather section is blank and can't updating.

Guest rperezlo

Thanks Rapid...

I've tried other Senses and I'm back to your JG5 now and to stay. I appreciate that you have an interest in quality and that you try to make everything work properly. I have nothing against ultra lite versions from others or the race to have the latest Sense version but I always get tired of fixing minor things, installing lots of programs that come installed with your version, accepting that some things just don't work or suffering resets or loss of data. With your version of Sense I get 95% of what I use working 'out of the box' and that is what I value most after trying lots of ROMs in my Omnia II.

Guest becosemsaida
Hi, JG5 sense rom is not bad, but i found a bug; my location is didn't update weather data. Today screen weather section is blank and can't updating.

Hi, i had the same problem and solved it like this: The first time you update your weather try to update it through GSM (3G worked for me) and not wi-fi or pc linked.

Just disconnect it from your pc and wi-fi and try it........Of course you have to set your carrier configurations first.

Hope it helps

Guest becosemsaida
theres a tutorial on how to flash using win 7 if you are still having problems. its on the top page.

Yep i tried it already, even tried the solution with the f8 key. Still no progress, uninstalled kies and everything related, cleaned up my registry etc. etc. Only thing i haven't tried is formatting my pc but that's OUT OF THE QUESTION.

Guest BB Barrel
Tnhx nOObody and Rapid :huh: i'm happy whit my new ROM

My Omnia looks much better and faster then before.

Greetz BB Barrel

I'm still satisfied with the sense, but when I put the dictionary in Dutch, and then make a restart.

wm freezes after startup with a black screen. Only when I do a HR, I can restart wm.

Perhaps there is a solution for.

Thanks for the effort!

Regards BB Barrel

Guest aci666

First of all, thank you for the new rom.

Beautiful landscape

but how

Some screenshots of Rapid JG5 in landscape mode

screenshot2wo.jpgscreenshot3k.jpg

Facebook integration in Sense Contact

screenshot4ej.jpgscreenshot5rq.jpg

screenshot6w.jpgscreenshot7h.jpg

screenshot8g.jpgscreenshot9x.jpg

screenshot10p.jpgscreenshot11s.jpg

screenshot1d.jpgscreenshot13s.jpg

Document tab only works after the 1st flash, after that it displays "sd card is full or missing.."

screenshot14j.jpgscreenshot15o.jpg

"Facebook" title is missing in landscape mode

screenshot16i.jpgscreenshot17m.jpg

Facebook integration with HTC phone mask

Guest marevalo
I'm still satisfied with the sense, but when I put the dictionary in Dutch, and then make a restart.

wm freezes after startup with a black screen. Only when I do a HR, I can restart wm.

Perhaps there is a solution for.

Thanks for the effort!

Regards BB Barrel

Just install Rapid all keyboards layout or something like that before changing language and everything will be ok...i almost when mad when it happens to me for not reading Rapids instructions :huh: