Need beta tester for new ROM

Guest amdzero
As far as I can tell the Calendar is working fine.

The Ram is staying pretty steady at 61mb, but I think I can get more.

Also we will probably need a few testers, I will let you know. First things first, I need to talk to AMD.

post-327098-1276055238_thumb.png

Wow I go to work all day yesterday, so tired I crash early and wake up to a hungry crowd!

I'm still working it, but I don't know I like the functionality of Sense, but the speed/memory usage of M2D.

This will become a reality =)

Guest jjdavola

I'd love to give it a try and be a guinea pig. I just need a n00b guide to flashing a ROM on my SCH-i920 to show me how to safely put it on. :)

Guest das7771
As far as I can tell the Calendar is working fine.

The Ram is staying pretty steady at 61mb, but I think I can get more.

Also we will probably need a few testers, I will let you know. First things first, I need to talk to AMD.

post-327098-1276055238_thumb.png

Please don't forget about me if you need some testing. Ram in the 60's is pretty dang good for this.

Guest amdzero
Hey AMD, your inbox it full. I tried to send you a message and got denied lol!

ah man, cleared out my inbox so fire away!

still working on a new beta for my testers...

Guest lambi1982
Ok I finally got the Sense 2.5 cab cooked into a rom. Turns out it works better that way. Location came up almost instantly and it seems to be using less program ram.

I'm not gonna release it yet.... I'm trying to hook up with AMD so we can do something together, like a team.... Like an A-Team!!

post-327098-1276040718_thumb.png

This I would love to try.

Guest donaudette

one suggestion I would like to float out there. I noticed when I used activesync to connect my phone running sense 2.5, to get into the windows folder on my phone took close to 5 minutes. There are many many files in there, and I wonder if that might play into the reason people report slowness. Not sure what can be done, since the installation requires installing into the device memory and therefore most of the sense files get dumped into the windows folder. just wanted to report on that.

Guest Ninja4Hire
one suggestion I would like to float out there. I noticed when I used activesync to connect my phone running sense 2.5, to get into the windows folder on my phone took close to 5 minutes. There are many many files in there, and I wonder if that might play into the reason people report slowness. Not sure what can be done, since the installation requires installing into the device memory and therefore most of the sense files get dumped into the windows folder. just wanted to report on that.

Yeah I have noticed all the files in the windows folder. I can totally group them up, but I don't know how to tell Sense I moved them lol.

Guest JohnJayJrV
Yeah I have noticed all the files in the windows folder. I can totally group them up, but I don't know how to tell Sense I moved them lol.

If you can't tell sense were the files are at, then maybe some of the other files can be moved. I'm sure the executables can be moved. Just have to repoint the shortcuts.... Just an idea....

jv

Guest amdzero
If you can't tell sense were the files are at, then maybe some of the other files can be moved. I'm sure the executables can be moved. Just have to repoint the shortcuts.... Just an idea....

jv

there are over 4400 Sense items alone. The executables are a drop in the bucket compared to this MONSTER. I'm still looking for ways to make it better.

I think I have a biased opinion of how "well" it runs, as I've played with the HTC incredible a few times at the response is staggering. It slides and click faster than I can "touch" the screen!

It still runs slow, but I guess that is because HTC is MEANT to run on a 1GHz snapdraggon proc.

Sometimes I feel like the O2 is a racehorse with a 600lb saddle that cannot be removed. No matter how fast our 800MHz proc is, it just won't compare to the "new" android/HTC WinMo phones.

I think this is why I stuck with Titanium for so long, simple and quick. I'm not giving up on sense, just posting my thoughts on the subject.

Guest donaudette
there are over 4400 Sense items alone. The executables are a drop in the bucket compared to this MONSTER. I'm still looking for ways to make it better.

I think I have a biased opinion of how "well" it runs, as I've played with the HTC incredible a few times at the response is staggering. It slides and click faster than I can "touch" the screen!

It still runs slow, but I guess that is because HTC is MEANT to run on a 1GHz snapdraggon proc.

Sometimes I feel like the O2 is a racehorse with a 600lb saddle that cannot be removed. No matter how fast our 800MHz proc is, it just won't compare to the "new" android/HTC WinMo phones.

I think this is why I stuck with Titanium for so long, simple and quick. I'm not giving up on sense, just posting my thoughts on the subject.

-yes, I know what you are saying. using your m2d interface, it was nice and quick. but I would trade some of that for the better interface of sense. I think if you can do some of the things you are saying (managing all those files would have to increase speed I would think) and fix the other minor issues (calendar, sms) you would make a compelling rom.

Edited by donaudette

Guest amdzero
-yes, I know what you are saying. using your m2d interface, it was nice and quick. but I would trade some of that for the better interface of sense. I think if you can do some of the things you are saying (managing all those files would have to increase speed I would think) and fix the other minor issues (calendar, sms) you would make a compelling rom.

agreed, but I just don't know enough about HTC TouchFLO (any version) to make adequate changes yet. I don't even know where to start on the calendar/sms. I thought it would be a simple .xml hack, but no joy as of yet.

Guest Lancez

you guys might wanna check out these 2 ROMs ( Shadowangel & Ryrzy ) both of them have working SMS and Calender. probably you can tear them apart and get whatever you want. just an idea :)

P.S. shadowangel is going to release an english version (6.5.5) sometime this afternoon.

Guest Ninja4Hire

There are a lot of files in here I know you can take out, but finding what goes to what is gonna take a while. So all that is probably gonna have to stay in for a few builds.

LOL race horse with 600lb saddle!

Guest kdkinc
There are a lot of files in here I know you can take out, but finding what goes to what is gonna take a while. So all that is probably gonna have to stay in for a few builds.

ya but its a NICE horse :) :) :)

:) :P

Guest das7771

The sense on the incredible and this version of sense are no where near the same. I believe the version of sense that is available via cab install is the 2.5 version orignally taken from a HTC LEO ROM. At least that's where they originally got it from for the first custom roms. I was cooking this into my TP2 roms but it was a visual kitchen which almost any one can use. The sense for the incredible is a completely different monster and yes it is ridiculously fast.That version is made specifically for Android and does not have the tabs like this version. TF3D Sense 2.5 ran good on the TP2 but it by no means was perfect(but pretty close) The TP2 only had a 528mhz processor and it ran it very well. So it is possible that our processor can handle it , I just think HTC taylored it for their hardware specifically so there gotta be something that can be done for our 800mhz processor.

Edited by das7771

Guest das7771

Ninja,

are you using the TF3D editor program. I am not sure exactly what it is called but it allows you to extract the contents of the manilla files, I am assuming kinda like a .dll file. If I rememer correctly alot of the manilla files used to be just named with number something like 3546le78 or similar to that. There is a program that will acutally extract and show you what is inside these files and allow you to edit them as well.

Correction

The program I was referring to is the manilla editor something similar to this

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=414861

I am not sure if the files are the same for the cab version of sense 2.5 but when editing the files directly from an HTC device this was used in the past.

update

After looking in the device directory using file explorer I saw alot of manilla files, So I am sure you already know about this. Excuse me if I insulted your intelligence...lol...Im sure you know what you are doing.

Edited by das7771

Guest amdzero
Ninja,

are you using the TF3D editor program. I am not sure exactly what it is called but it allows you to extract the contents of the manilla files, I am assuming kinda like a .dll file. If I rememer correctly alot of the manilla files used to be just named with number something like 3546le78 or similar to that. There is a program that will acutally extract and show you what is inside these files and allow you to edit them as well.

Correction

The program I was referring to is the manilla editor something similar to this

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=414861

I am not sure if the files are the same for the cab version of sense 2.5 but when editing the files directly from an HTC device this was used in the past.

update

After looking in the device directory using file explorer I saw alot of manilla files, So I am sure you already know about this. Excuse me if I insulted your intelligence...lol...Im sure you know what you are doing.

no need to apologize, every bit helps. By no means are we "masters" of the rom universe. Better to provide info that we already know about, than keep info that we don't know about.

BTW I didn't know about this stuff, and I'm pretty sure Ninja didn't either. I'll look into it.

I haven't released a beta, as there is an issue with adding contacts. It locks up the whole interface, and forces me to soft reset the device. To me, that is not a functional beta.

soon my friends, soon.

Guest JohnJayJrV

Ninja, can you try Reg for CDMA

"People.Message.IsCDMA"=dword:00000001 under [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\Manila]

hopefully this will fix sms issue.

For some reason Total Commander wont let me create the key...

jv

Guest Ninja4Hire
Ninja, can you try Reg for CDMA

"People.Message.IsCDMA"=dword:00000001 under [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\Manila]

hopefully this will fix sms issue.

For some reason Total Commander wont let me create the key...

jv

I'm getting "IDS_NOSIMCARD_DESP". Hey at least it's a different message.

Also I just looked in the registry and there is a "People.MessageClient.Disable = dword:1" Not sure if that means anything.