Need beta tester for new ROM

Guest amdzero

WTF I can cook a 6.5 just fine, using the same package 6.5.x locks up on contact add, and after I install the cab over it, it works fine.

Um... I don't get it. I tried backing up the registry and restoring the registry on the cooked portion and it still messes up. There must be some file thing that I'm not aware of.

How frustrating.

Guest kdkinc
WTF I can cook a 6.5 just fine, using the same package 6.5.x locks up on contact add, and after I install the cab over it, it works fine.

Um... I don't get it. I tried backing up the registry and restoring the registry on the cooked portion and it still messes up. There must be some file thing that I'm not aware of.

How frustrating.

looking for a sim card ??????????????

:) :)

Guest JohnJayJrV

Got manila (CDMA_SMS_FIX.zip) file from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=633795. Copy the manilla file in that zip to \Windows\ then installed HTC Comm manager and now I can send SMS through the people and messaging tab!!!

Now my phone is complete. That is until someone ports Android to it :)!!!!

jv

AL_CommManager_Suite_with_WifiSharing_1_1.CAB

CDMA_SMS_Fix.zip

Guest Ninja4Hire
Got manila (CDMA_SMS_FIX.zip) file from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=633795. Copy the manilla file in that zip to \Windows\ then installed HTC Comm manager and now I can send SMS through the people and messaging tab!!!

Now my phone is complete. That is until someone ports Android to it :)!!!!

jv

The link you posted does not work. I just wanted to read the thread and see why Comm manager is needed.

Guest JohnJayJrV
The link you posted does not work. I just wanted to read the thread and see why Comm manager is needed.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=633795

I actually got the comm manager file from a topic on this board. I'll look for that post. But I believe that a commanager dll is needed. So maybe if you just extract the commanager dll from the cab and put it in windows it will fix SMS?

The xda thread has alot of useful info.

Hope this helps.

jv

Guest amdzero
Ninja:

this horse won't stop :)

No issues

:) :)

Oh she is a work horse don't get me wrong. I don't know too many horses that can make a phone call, take a picture, show a movie, surf the web, get email, fax a document, scan barcodes, or even play my favorite song. I just wish the "company" designed a better saddle, i.e. get some freakin drivers to hook this baby up!

I mean come on, nvidia did it early on when they released driver updates regularly to eek out more performance for their hardware. I guess the object these days isn't improve what you have, but get the next greatest phone out the door!

Anyway with that being said I turned off the search contact fucntion in the add contacts page and TADA, now I can add contacts. This makes me happy and I can look into this CDMA thing. As soon as I can figure a work around I'll be releasing this to the "testers".

I say me, but this effort is not without the infamous Ninja hooking me up. Thanks Ninja!

Maybe we can make a AMDZero/Ninja rom (okay maybe even a Ninja/AMDZero rom)

Guest JohnJayJrV
Oh she is a work horse don't get me wrong. I don't know too many horses that can make a phone call, take a picture, show a movie, surf the web, get email, fax a document, scan barcodes, or even play my favorite song. I just wish the "company" designed a better saddle, i.e. get some freakin drivers to hook this baby up!

I mean come on, nvidia did it early on when they released driver updates regularly to eek out more performance for their hardware. I guess the object these days isn't improve what you have, but get the next greatest phone out the door!

Anyway with that being said I turned off the search contact fucntion in the add contacts page and TADA, now I can add contacts. This makes me happy and I can look into this CDMA thing. As soon as I can figure a work around I'll be releasing this to the "testers".

I say me, but this effort is not without the infamous Ninja hooking me up. Thanks Ninja!

Hey AMD, for the CDMA thing are you talking about not being able to send SMS? If so, I posted a fix a few posts back....

jv

Guest Ninja4Hire

lol that made me spit out my soda!

Hey AMD, for the CDMA thing are you talking about not being able to send SMS? If so, I posted a fix a few posts back....

jv

Yeah I cooked the fix in and it works. I didn't use the whole comm manger, just dropped the CommManagerDll.dll into the OEM.

Guest JohnJayJrV
lol that made me spit out my soda!

Yeah I cooked the fix in and it works. I didn't use the whole comm manger, just dropped the CommManagerDll.dll into the OEM.

did you have to copy that manilla file as well or just copied the DLL?

jv

Guest amdzero
Yeah I did both

Well I put the cab and the file in the cooked rom and now everything is working to my satisfaction. Yes it is a bit slow at times, and yes there are somethings that don't work exactly right, but I'm happy with it so far.

The cab I used has a free wifi router in it. I used to use it back in my i910 days and it was freakin awesome! Too bad it doesn't recognize the i920 wifi drivers, and so is inop in this rom. A few more "tweaks" and I'll send a pm to the testers.

Guest donaudette

loaded up fine, seems faster with sense cooked in. Couple of minor issues:

1. cant change background image. Tried from home page, settings tab, and loaded cookie's home tab editor, changed and nothing happens even after soft boot.

2. reminder issue, when a reminder pops up, the right menu button closes the reminder, it should provide a menu option to snooze for various times, dismiss all, etc (I think this was a problem in amdzero earlier roms

3. button configurations won't stay. I know this has been talked about before, but some of the older roms kept the button settings (button two changes to home for both short and long press)

4. I had some problems connecting to facebook, still doing some testing on that.

5. icons sometimes dissapear. very strange. if you go to the contacts tab and you have photo id's and scroll to the bottom, when you return to the top the top two icons invert and colors go crazy. leave contacts and return, it clears up, but will repeat everytime you scroll to the bottom.

all in all, nicely done. calendar works, sms messaging works, location works, music tab works, memory seems fine (I use cleanram (the latest) and it works really well freeing up memory). Will continue to test....

Guest amdzero
loaded up fine, seems faster with sense cooked in. Couple of minor issues:

1. cant change background image. Tried from home page, settings tab, and loaded cookie's home tab editor, changed and nothing happens even after soft boot.

2. reminder issue, when a reminder pops up, the right menu button closes the reminder, it should provide a menu option to snooze for various times, dismiss all, etc (I think this was a problem in amdzero earlier roms

3. button configurations won't stay. I know this has been talked about before, but some of the older roms kept the button settings (button two changes to home for both short and long press)

4. I had some problems connecting to facebook, still doing some testing on that.

5. icons sometimes dissapear. very strange. if you go to the contacts tab and you have photo id's and scroll to the bottom, when you return to the top the top two icons invert and colors go crazy. leave contacts and return, it clears up, but will repeat everytime you scroll to the bottom.

all in all, nicely done. calendar works, sms messaging works, location works, music tab works, memory seems fine (I use cleanram (the latest) and it works really well freeing up memory). Will continue to test....

could you expand on the notifications thing?

How can I duplicate it, as this is the first I've heard of it.

Guest donaudette
could you expand on the notifications thing?

How can I duplicate it, as this is the first I've heard of it.

sure. I use outlook and sync to my phone. When I have a reminder for a meetign appointment pops up, you have two menu options on the bottom of the screen. If you click the one on the left, that is dismiss. If you click on the right one, it should pop up with menu options, snooze 5 minues, snooze 10 minutes, snooze 15 minutes, etc, then you have dismiss all (if you have multiple reminders). Does that make sense?

It happened in your other Roms too, just never mentioned it before....

Guest amdzero
sure. I use outlook and sync to my phone. When I have a reminder for a meetign appointment pops up, you have two menu options on the bottom of the screen. If you click the one on the left, that is dismiss. If you click on the right one, it should pop up with menu options, snooze 5 minues, snooze 10 minutes, snooze 15 minutes, etc, then you have dismiss all (if you have multiple reminders). Does that make sense?

It happened in your other Roms too, just never mentioned it before....

hrm, never used it like that, I'll take a look.

is it only outlook appts? My email has a dismiss/dismiss all messages and so does wifi when looking for routers.

Guest ED2O9

I'm using your "base ROM" and I noticed the notification issue, too. It's never been a problem for me because it still works as a reminder and I rarely (if ever) use the snooze feature.

Guest donaudette
hrm, never used it like that, I'll take a look.

is it only outlook appts? My email has a dismiss/dismiss all messages and so does wifi when looking for routers.

I really don't get many other pop up reminders, I do get between 5-8 meetings appointments daily and reminders can be annoying as hell as you can imagine. I can try and test some other reminders, but I know it happens for outlook meeting reminders. for the background change issue, did you want me to copy my htchomesetting.xml file again?

Guest JohnJayJrV

Anyone notice that when you are in the messages tab and receive a new message it doesn't auto refresh? I have to go to a new tab then back to the messages tab in order to get the new message.... Anyone else notice that? Ninja, with just the dll do you have this issue? Minor annoyance, but I can live with it....

jv

edit: just realized I'm not getting MMS messages...... anyone else having this issue? I believe it's the HTC Commmanger that I installed. Gonna try uninstalling and see if that ifxes it.

Edited by JohnJayJrV

Guest Mastertwiz

It seems like you guys are really close to releasing this new Manila ROM. Again, kudos to the die hard chef's keeping the Omnia 2 underground alive and cooking (AMD/Ninja).

Any idea when we might see something official? I figure I'll settle down with either this or Ninja's Windows 7 ROM once the throttle launcher theme is released. What do you think will be coming first?

I'm sure you've got your fill of testers, but if you need one more, please let me know. I've got two O2s, one I use exclusively for TV/Audio Out in my garage, and the other for my work phone (exchange sync'd etc.)

Guest donaudette
Anyone notice that when you are in the messages tab and receive a new message it doesn't auto refresh? I have to go to a new tab then back to the messages tab in order to get the new message.... Anyone else notice that? Ninja, with just the dll do you have this issue? Minor annoyance, but I can live with it....

jv

edit: just realized I'm not getting MMS messages...... anyone else having this issue? I believe it's the HTC Commmanger that I installed. Gonna try uninstalling and see if that ifxes it.

there was a thread about breaking MMS messages and having to copy the original mms.dll file back into windows. you may want to check my facts. I attached the one that I had downloaded from that thread. I have not tested mms yet. I will verify the auto refresh since I get too many exchange emails anyway.... :-)

update: on the email tab, it does not auto refresh, but if I remember right, that has been an outstanding issue. I know I usually stay on the home page/tab anyway.

anything new on changing the background? I hate that boring old black screen...

Edited by donaudette

Guest JohnJayJrV
there was a thread about breaking MMS messages and having to copy the original mms.dll file back into windows. you may want to check my facts. I attached the one that I had downloaded from that thread. I have not tested mms yet. I will verify the auto refresh since I get too many exchange emails anyway.... :-)

update: on the email tab, it does not auto refresh, but if I remember right, that has been an outstanding issue. I know I usually stay on the home page/tab anyway.

anything new on changing the background? I hate that boring old black screen...

Did you mean to attach a file? no file in our reply :).....

jv

Guest donaudette
Did you mean to attach a file? no file in our reply :).....

jv

well yes, I thought I had....I see the issue, I tried to just attach the .dll. it no likey that. zipped it up

mms.rar