Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest voyteckst

Well.. Sounds very simple if you say it this way :-) but I'm sure it is not.

I think the firmware can be obtained from winmo (? Not sure, but I remember I already did so back in april).

If You have firmware it could be easy. We will see.

Edited by voyteckst

Guest andylau

i konw porting is very hard but i know you can do it.you think nand android will come for omnia 2?thanks

In my opinion,i dont think nand android has much difference when compared to the haret one in speed or stabilization

Besides,its more hard to flash android in nand(with much more risk in bricking the phone and more work have to be done to unclock the phone)

thanks devs again and again

Guest whashnez

Hello there!

First of all thanks for all your efforts! I would like to ask if at some point you are going to try and make bluetooth operable so that a bluetooth headset can be used. I had HTC Touch Cruise previously, and as far as I know they fixed bluetooth last in the ported android. I think the same happened with HTC HD2's ported android. Is it something specific that makes Bluetooth difficult to operate or is it just at the bottom of the list?

About nand, I think that it should be first tested thourouglhy by all of us to determine of it's everyday usable without problems, and fully operable, before considering spending time in that. I think the developers will agree. I also think that they, by themselves will want to do it if they finish with the rest. That is all.

Thanks again,

George

mr voyteckst, first congratulations for the excellent work. I have folloied and used since first release. :D

I have two fast questions:

1 - will have implementation in the quality of the camera?

2 - the autonomy of the battery will be next to the WM?

Sorry my bad english... :huh:

Edited by Thor2

Guest jingang

Right. And it'll take probably week (more or less because it's complicated).

BTW. Froyo with new kernel seems to be very stable.

could you tell me something about the camera,please?

is it fine for daily use?is the camera button working now?sorry for my poor english

thanks a lot

Guest andylau

could you tell me something about the camera,please?

is it fine for daily use?is the camera button working now?sorry for my poor english

thanks a lot

camera button can work well all the way on froyo beta1 ,except a bit more slow

Guest superdupersianz

camera button can work well all the way on froyo beta1 ,except a bit more slow

I didn't manage to get the camera hardware button to work either. How you managed it?

Guest andylau

I didn't manage to get the camera hardware button to work either. How you managed it?

i installed the third camera app,such as advanced camera and camera360,i dont know wheater it matters or not

this is the link i used,iso version

Guest erikcas

If You have firmware it could be easy. We will see.

Do we have to adjust anything in other kernel settings? Out of the box, 2.6.32 w12xx compiled well.Three extra modules, wl12xx.ko, wl1271.ko and crc7.ko. Almost to easy... :)

Edited by erikcas

First of all, I would thank all developers of this project, like many people already did!!

Thanks guys!

I am a software developer and I know how hard it is to put all the things together, expecially in our free time... :)

I would also like to ask a WinMo (maybe Android related) question..

I am currently running the following OS / Hardware versions:

PDA: I8000NXXJC1

CSC: I8000ITVJC1

PHONE: I8000XXJB2

Bluetooth: (2.0 + EDR):

S/W: 2.0.3

H/W: 2.0.1

Wi-Fi (IEE 802.11 b/g)

S/W: 1.2.8.0

H/W: 1.0

Windows Mobile 6.5 Professional CE OS 5.2.21899 (Build 21889.5.0.87) on ARM1176 S3C6410

On a class 10 16 Gb microSD card I successfully installed Omnia2droid Froyo Beta1 release for testing (...while still looking forward for Beta2 release, carring on important bugfixes and improvements)...

The above reported I would like to know:

1. Upgrading my phone with Kies to latest official Samsung ROM release, will it update both software and hardware specs, affecting Android funtionalities, compatibility and stability?

2. Will still boot-up or I would have to re-install it from scratch?

3. If WinMo update is affecting also Android functionalities, would you suggest upgrading to latest original version? Or would you suggest a cooked rom?

Again: thanks for reading, patience and your great work!!

Guest PuCiNhOOO

First of all, I would thank all developers of this project, like many people already did!!

Thanks guys!

I am a software developer and I know how hard it is to put all the things together, expecially in our free time... :)

I would also like to ask a WinMo (maybe Android related) question..

I am currently running the following OS / Hardware versions:

PDA: I8000NXXJC1

CSC: I8000ITVJC1

PHONE: I8000XXJB2

Bluetooth: (2.0 + EDR):

S/W: 2.0.3

H/W: 2.0.1

Wi-Fi (IEE 802.11 b/g)

S/W: 1.2.8.0

H/W: 1.0

Windows Mobile 6.5 Professional CE OS 5.2.21899 (Build 21889.5.0.87) on ARM1176 S3C6410

On a class 10 16 Gb microSD card I successfully installed Omnia2droid Froyo Beta1 release for testing (...while still looking forward for Beta2 release, carring on important bugfixes and improvements)...

The above reported I would like to know:

1. Upgrading my phone with Kies to latest official Samsung ROM release, will it update both software and hardware specs, affecting Android funtionalities, compatibility and stability?

2. Will still boot-up or I would have to re-install it from scratch?

3. If WinMo update is affecting also Android functionalities, would you suggest upgrading to latest original version? Or would you suggest a cooked rom?

Again: thanks for reading, patience and your great work!!

The only thing that people had related to the WinMo "vs" android is the Phone part ... it's been said that some phone parts of WinMo have an improvement to the bgattery life in Android. the rest is fine to update.

The only thing that people had related to the WinMo "vs" android is the Phone part ... it's been said that some phone parts of WinMo have an improvement to the bgattery life in Android. the rest is fine to update.

So:

• Updating my GT-I8000 with Kies will update also the phone part or just PDA and CSC?
  • Is it worth the pain to do a full update on WinMo to latest Samsung official release (also related to battery improvements in Android and taking into account you have to re-install all WinMo software applications) ?

Thank you.

Guest voyteckst

Do we have to adjust anything in other kernel settings? Out of the box, 2.6.32 w12xx compiled well.Three extra modules, wl12xx.ko, wl1271.ko and crc7.ko. Almost to easy... :)

Why 3 modules??

Guest erikcas

Why 3 modules??

No idea. Asked myself the same question. Will triple check and do make config again.

Come post back result.

I know that crc7 is needed by wl1271 module

Edited by erikcas

Guest erikcas

Why 3 modules??

Forgot to rm * in my out-dir before compiling. So the wl12xx was from previous compile for current kernel.

So the modules created were crc7.ko and wl1271.ko

crc7 is needed by wl1271.ko

That is clear now. Only 2 modules.

Edit: to be sure, recompiling

Edit 2: Confirmed: wl1271.ko and crc7.ko

Edited by erikcas

Guest PuCiNhOOO

So:

• Updating my GT-I8000 with Kies will update also the phone part or just PDA and CSC?
  • Is it worth the pain to do a full update on WinMo to latest Samsung official release (also related to battery improvements in Android and taking into account you have to re-install all WinMo software applications) ?

Thank you.

It's said that the JJ1 phone part is the best to the battery performance...

The update will not change a thing =p

i think it's no worth it, except if it is to this phone part...

So:

Thank you.

I've made a topic about how the PHONE part affects the battery life on our Android Froyo beta, you can check it here: http://www.modaco.co...-life-07072011/

In my opnion if you only interested on improving stuff on Android, I would rather wait for the next beta before updating anything :)

I am planning to update that topic to see how different PHONE parts affect the battery life when the new beta gets released

Edited by Leeds

Guest erikcas

Voyteckst,

I have just one other question. Could it be that the GPIO_USB_SEL on GPL(5) is sharing GPIO with the hardware keyboard on B7610?

If I assign GPIO_USB_SEL in Omnia_II.h AND assign KBC(5) to GPL(5), the USB notification shows up and the phone is powering up for a few seconds when attaching USB cable. But I get multiple scancodes on some of the hardware keys on the keypad.

If I don't assign GPIO_USB_SEL the keyboard is working properly, i.e. keys are assigned good and no multiple scancodes. But (as one could expect) no USB notifactions and no powering up when attaching USB cable.

If so, is there a way to work around this?

(oops.. that's a second question)

Thanx

Edited by erikcas

It's said that the JJ1 phone part is the best to the battery performance...

The update will not change a thing =p

i think it's no worth it, except if it is to this phone part...

Unfortunately there is no XXJJ1 version for ITV (Italian) PHONE part...

Last Kies update in Italian language refers to following codes:

PDA: I8000NXXJH1

CSC: I8000ITVJH1

Phone: I8000XXJF1

Contents: I8000ITVJH1

Date: 9/4/10 12:40

XXJJ1 version (wich seems newer than XXJH1) have not been released in my language... Or am I wrong??

Kies is showing XXJH1 version as update from XXJC1 / XXJB2... Would it be possible that XXJJ1 version would come out after this first update?

I've made a topic about how the PHONE part affects the battery life on our Android Froyo beta, you can check it here: http://www.modaco.co...-life-07072011/

In my opnion if you only interested on improving stuff on Android, I would rather wait for the next beta before updating anything :)

I am planning to update that topic to see how different PHONE parts affect the battery life when the new beta gets released

My interest, obviously, is to have the best WinMo / Android phone, considering that my normal use, at the moment, is with WM 6.5 wich is the official OS.

This Froyo porting is looking very interesting and attractive... great work, but still not fully usable for day-by-day use as the main software on my phone...

Thanks.

Edited by DEV-il