Froyo Beta Battery life (07/07/2011)

Guest Leeds

Guest Leeds
Hi, i'm using the old one i8000DXIJ1 on froyo 2.2.2

since unpluged 10h15m8s ago, it's remaining 47% battery

thanks

Nice battery life on that one!

Thank you for sharing, I added your PHONE part to the list :D

I don't have the .apk file ... but that is not the best solution for your android

take the "Fix By mihai_mihai" here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...amp;postcount=2

Put the files at root in "My Storage". I did it in WinMo and then booted to Android. Very simple. Registration and access to Market worked immediately.

Then try following tools to optimize RAM and battery life:

- CPU Tuner

- Advanced Task Kill (autokill active when suspending) - available RAM 50-60 MB

- DataSwitch app with a shortcut on the homescreen ((de)activates mobile data access manually)

- I replaced ADW with launcher pro in 3D drawer style(don't know why but its a lot faster than 2D)

Deactivating mobile data access before standby extends battery life and reduces temperature to 21 (with data access ~27) degrees celsius. This should be done by Android itself....

untill its fixed you can try my workaround. Lower temperature extends your battery life cycle and makes your phone longer available.

So you will have more fun with your phone using Markets.

I reached now 40 hours and 23% left. According to my experience the last % will drop faster maybe 3-4hrs. but that's ok. Close to WinMo with Sense UI.

Launcher Pro UI is really comfortable and fast while "whats up" and facebook are running in the background. There are a lot of beautiful themes for download.

NO crashes so far!

Android is prepared for daily usage! Hope that the mentioned issues will be solved in the next releases. No further issues for me so far.

Next i will be testing 3d capabilities and adobe flash support but that's a different story.

Have fun with testing!

Thanks robbert but unfortunatelly that isn't the case, I did applyied the fix by mihai_mihai when I first installed Froyo and since then I've been trying to fix this "Google Talk Authentication failed" error with no success..

I've tryied a lot of different fixes but none of them work, it just won't login, I can browse and even press the install button to download the apps but a few seconds later it tells me the download was unsuccessful.. :D so I can't download anything from market..

Here is a topic I've made explaining my problem incase anyone can help:

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...ication-failed/

But I'll try those tweaks and see if I get a better battery life

Thanks a lot

Guest Extremegmx

My experiences last four days with (I8000XXIL2): With normal/overall usage I get around 36-40h(from this 12h airplane mode) ;)

Btw I'm using setCPU 266-800MHz,task panel for killing apps and minfreemanager.

Guest Leeds
My experiences last four days with (I8000XXIL2): With normal/overall usage I get around 36-40h(from this 12h airplane mode) ;)

Thanks for the update :P

Guest dabiz

After this post I tried again the whole thing to see if the phone part really was the cause and if I could fix the f**** SOD.

After lot of time, research and test I can say:

-IL2 seems to help about this problem, but it is not the only factor

-After trying the normal install as well as some ISO install I tried the manual My storage install with ubuntu, and it makes a big difference:

The system is faster and more stable than before, and I think that reading from My storage and not from the memory card helps also in consumtion.

-setCPU didn't work for me as it report it can't not change the CPU freq (under sttings you can check this). With this I still get SODs. I tried No-frills CPU control and seems to work better.

Because of my lazyness I didn't want to do the complete instalation, but it worths the effort. Now the speed of the system is like the SO was build really for this mobile. I'm still waiting to see what happens with the SOD but it seems more stable now.

I don't know my exact comsumption now, but it is similar to WM if I let the 3g and the wifi off.

Edited by dabiz

Guest carlospaco
After this post I tried again the whole thing to see if the phone part really was the cause and if I could fix the f**** SOD.

After lot of time, research and test I can say:

-IL2 seems to help about this problem, but it is not the only factor

-After trying the normal install as well as some ISO install I tried the manual My storage install with ubuntu, and it makes a big difference:

The system is faster and more stable than before, and I think that reading from My storage and not from the memory card helps also in consumtion.

-setCPU didn't work for me as it report it can't not change the CPU freq (under sttings you can check this). With this I still get SODs. I tried No-frills CPU control and seems to work better.

Because of my lazyness I didn't want to do the complete instalation, but it worths the effort. Now the speed of the system is like the SO was build really for this mobile. I'm still waiting to see what happens with the SOD but it seems more stable now.

I don't know my exact comsumption now, but it is similar to WM if I let the 3g and the wifi off.

Hey i have install cpu tuner, but what is the best configuration for saving battery?

And launcher pro is much better and takes not that much memory ram.

Thanks and regards

Guest dabiz
Hey i have install cpu tuner, but what is the best configuration for saving battery?

And launcher pro is much better and takes not that much memory ram.

Thanks and regards

As I said, CPU tuner didn't work for me, check if it is really setting the CPU speed (under settings of the software there is an autotest feature) so I tried the no frills software and worked. Put the minimun freq to 266MHz to avoid SOD.

right now:

24h uptime

83% battery

8h since unplugged

Launcher pro is free too? do I have to uninstall ADW or is possible to select which launcher to use? The truth is that ADW goes very fast on my config anyway.

Guest carlospaco
As I said, CPU tuner didn't work for me, check if it is really setting the CPU speed (under settings of the software there is an autotest feature) so I tried the no frills software and worked. Put the minimun freq to 266MHz to avoid SOD.

right now:

24h uptime

83% battery

8h since unplugged

Launcher pro is free too? do I have to uninstall ADW or is possible to select which launcher to use? The truth is that ADW goes very fast on my config anyway.

i have uninstall it, but you can leave it and choose between the two.

How do i know if my phone is rooted, i have install froyo on my storage with ubuntu, but can i see if it is rooted?

Guest dabiz
i have uninstall it, but you can leave it and choose between the two.

How do i know if my phone is rooted, i have install froyo on my storage with ubuntu, but can i see if it is rooted?

I'll try when I have time then.

I think the phone is not rooted by default, but what I tell you is to check if the software CPU tuner works properly, this you can check directly on the software under the program options (clicking on the hexagone button on the main screen of the software will show you the option) and then search in te options. If you have something in red telling that the frequency can't not be change, then you will probably get a SOD in a random time...

Guest faisad
I don't have the .apk file ... but that is not the best solution for your android

take the "Fix By mihai_mihai" here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...amp;postcount=2

Put the files at root in "My Storage". I did it in WinMo and then booted to Android. Very simple. Registration and access to Market worked immediately.

Then try following tools to optimize RAM and battery life:

- CPU Tuner

- Advanced Task Kill (autokill active when suspending) - available RAM 50-60 MB

- DataSwitch app with a shortcut on the homescreen ((de)activates mobile data access manually)

- I replaced ADW with launcher pro in 3D drawer style(don't know why but its a lot faster than 2D)

Deactivating mobile data access before standby extends battery life and reduces temperature to 21 (with data access ~27) degrees celsius. This should be done by Android itself....

untill its fixed you can try my workaround. Lower temperature extends your battery life cycle and makes your phone longer available.

So you will have more fun with your phone using Markets.

I reached now 40 hours and 23% left. According to my experience the last % will drop faster maybe 3-4hrs. but that's ok. Close to WinMo with Sense UI.

Launcher Pro UI is really comfortable and fast while "whats up" and facebook are running in the background. There are a lot of beautiful themes for download.

NO crashes so far!

Android is prepared for daily usage! Hope that the mentioned issues will be solved in the next releases. No further issues for me so far.

Next i will be testing 3d capabilities and adobe flash support but that's a different story.

Have fun with testing!

where can i download the cpu tuner app i tried it to search in the andriod market i didnt find it

i am using omnia i8000 andriod OS

Guest pato_master
mmm how do we install this .sh? I try to run it from android but didn't work...

I though that the beta was already rooted

How did you execute the script file?

Thanks!

Guest dabiz
where can i download the cpu tuner app i tried it to search in the andriod market i didnt find it

i am using omnia i8000 andriod OS

is in the market. search for CPU and should appear in the liste. By the way I recomend better the No-frills CPU control, which works with not rooted phones.

Guest dabiz
How did you execute the script file?

Thanks!

Finally I didn't do it... But I think it should be done through the terminal emulator (just my though) in android. You can find it in the "Dev Tools" app included on the package at the end of the list.

Guest pato_master
Finally I didn't do it... But I think it should be done through the terminal emulator (just my though) in android. You can find it in the "Dev Tools" app included on the package at the end of the list.

Yep I have tried through the emulator but I got Access denied when attemp to put the following command: ln -s ../system/xbin/su su.

Thanks anyway.

Edited by pato_master

Guest paranoiadk

I used to barely get through the day with JJ1. even if mostly in sleep mode...

Today, I unplugged the phone at 8AM (it was charging overnight) and it is now past 11.30PM, I had no calls, no texts, no nothing (rarely happens, but today it did) and I still have 82% left!!

I did cheat, though. ;)

Cheat #1: Phone part IL1

Cheat #2: The infamous "turn airplane mode on, wait for sleep, wait a bit, wake up, turn airplane mode off" hack.

Cheat #3: CPU Tuner (pretty much standard "screen off" setting)

And unbelievable. It works.

After 15h 7m 28s unplugged -> Cell standby 65%, Phone idle 35%

I do have a very high "Time without signal" though, 75%. But I live in an area where I have to leave the house to make a call. Still, no airplane mode, the phone was on and searching for networks.

Amazing! :P

Guest carlospaco

Today, I unplugged the phone at 8AM (it was charging overnight) and it is now past 11.30PM, I had no calls, no texts, no nothing (rarely happens, but today it did) and I still have 82% left!!

I did cheat, though. ;)

Cheat #2: The infamous "turn airplane mode on, wait for sleep, wait a bit, wake up, turn airplane mode off" hack.

I do have a very high "Time without signal" though, 75%. But I live in an area where I have to leave the house to make a call. Still, no airplane mode, the phone was on and searching for networks.

Hy, can you please write the configurations what you did for cpu tuner?

I have try it for two days and my battery is in 10 hours empty, and i didn't call that much and didn't do that much with the phone.

My phone is rooted, but by me cpu tuner isn't working .

thanks

Guest faisad
is in the market. search for CPU and should appear in the liste. By the way I recomend better the No-frills CPU control, which works with not rooted phones.

Thanks

Guest Vinicius Oliveira

My Omnia have a I8000L Phone Part. I can use a I8000(Phone_I8000XXIL2.bin) without problems ?

In this post (http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-ii-gsm-rom-discussion/297627/guide-to-flashing-rom-on-i8000/) tacchan23 wrote: Rodrigofd suspects the same applies to CSC image, but for obvious reasons (different bands) he assumes Phone part is strictly incompatible between i8000 and i8000L..

Edited by Vinicius Oliveira

Guest emem666

60 hours max? will it get any better with future releases? for me it's unacceptable. still nice to see android ported to omnia II.

Guest dabiz
60 hours max? will it get any better with future releases? for me it's unacceptable. still nice to see android ported to omnia II.

unacceptable? are you really geting better results under windows? For me it never last more than two days with practical no use...

By the way, today is holiday where I live and I didn't touch the phone in the whole day:

11h40m since unplugged

85% battery

pretty good results in my opinion

Edited by dabiz

Guest Extremegmx
unacceptable? are you really geting better results under windows? For me it never last more than two days with practical no use...

@offtopic: Well with WM I get around 4-5 days with regular use. Maybe is there something wrong with your ROM, battery ?

Guest dabiz
@offtopic: Well with WM I get around 4-5 days with regular use. Maybe is there something wrong with your ROM, battery ?

Wow I never reach such uptime value. Did you use a shell like SPB or Sense? I always did and I heard that it was something that could short battery life.

By the way, how much time do you get with android? I get more or less the same with windows (and shells) than with android...

Guest Extremegmx

Yes I'm using HTC sense and to be specific, latest MS Team WP7 ROM.

For android :

EDIT: With 3G on and CPU Tuner : max 22h.( from this 7h airplane mode)

Edited by Extremegmx

Guest Leeds

I did cheat, though. ;)

PDA: XXIJ9

CSC: SOIJ2

PHONE: DXIJ1

3G ON, DATA ON: max 24h;

2G ONLY, DATA ON: max 36h;

2G ONLY, DATA OFF: max 48h.

Sorry I've been pretty busy last few days

Those are both really good battery life results!

Thanks for sharing guys, I've updated the first post :D

Guest Nelson Neoh

Anybody has a hints how to execute the root script?

Should direct on the phone or how? Please provide steps if possible.

Appreciate any help. ;)