[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Thanks for your help. However, I'm not a Ubuntu native, normally use windows and am only using linux to get android working. Could you walk me through it step for step? Cos I really have no clue about ubuntu.

Thanks

I am willing to, but not want to spam the forum.

First, open a terminal. type:

cd /home/{username}/Downloads

(watch the / and the capital D. Replace {username} with your username)

type:

ls (hit enter)

then PM me with what you see

Edited by erikcas

Guest rom_omnia2

Dev's or someone else, can we install SETCPU or isn't necessary just like Task Killer?

Last night my battery was about 97%, today at morning was 82%.

Thanks in advance. :lol:

Edited by rom_omnia2

Dev's or someone else, can we install SETCPU or isn't necessary just like Task Killer?

Last night my battery was about 97%, today at morning was 82%.

Thanks in advance. :lol:

Do you mind sharing the method of installation with me? I am having some problems here. :(

Guest mutimuti

NO UBUNTU INSTALATION:

1/format sd card in WinMo

2/ Download beta1 and beta 2

3/copy ext4.tar.gz from beta 2 and o2beta from beta 1 to MY STORAGE

4/Run Haret from o2beta

5/wait for extract , reboot

6/copy startup.txt, zimage, haret.exe to sd card

6/edit startup:

Set CMDLINE "rootdelay=2 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 init=/init"

7/Run haret form sd card

8/Enjoy :D

ALERT:this format sd card in ext2 not ext4, but it work

this worked but phone not working and not stabil.

Guest frankbel

You don't have 3g for data or for calls?

I ask because i don't have calls with this beta 2 (i mean phone line), maybe it is related to 3g? my phone does not have the correct Frequency for my country, so, i only can use 2g.

It was my mistake, you see, it was late night for me. This morning I setted the APN properly and 3G connection started to work. Also calling works well so far and no SOD.

I am really impressed with the great work done by the developers, it sounds a miracle a working froyo android on O2. I think that I will use it on daily basis, no more WM6.5 crap.

Hello,

My battery only charges up to 93%. is this normal?

Thanks.

I noticed that aswell, charging overnight and was at 87% the next day.

but its gone up2 94% now i think it just takes alot longer to charge up in the 90s?

Guest nachitoxs

I must say that I can't decide whether to get a new phone with android or keep my O2 with this update... it's definitely a great development!!

Thanks to the developers!! and everyone here making it possible!!

Now, my question is, can we change the IMEI number?? It's set as 000000000000000, and I can't install swype because it detects that the device is an android emulator

Thanks again!!

After fixing all my problems, my phone works great now almost like a native phone. This beta 2 is good so far. Thank the team very much. I have a question: My main storage is divided into 2 logical partitions: The first is FAT32 and the second is ext4, which has android, if I want to use the first partition FAT32 as a SD card, how can I do? Please support me.

P/S: WOW on my phone, Android Market updates to the new version 3.1.3 with a great user interface.... cheer :). Does anyone have it????

how did you get the install the new version 3.1.3,i update it but just came out analysis error, maybe i got the wrong file?

After using for nearly 2 days, here are my initial thoughts about beta 2 (some have been mentioned before). Hope you find the information useful.

Positives:

1. Much more stable. Far less SOD and freezes.

2. Battery life is impressive compared to first beta , making it usable as a daily device!

3. No overheating

4. Internet is available over 3G and wifi!

5. Can access SD card after rebooting a few times

6. GPS locks and works well

7. Can install from computer over adb

8. Video Camera works well

HONESTLY AMAZING. Now my omnia can live without fearing replacement in the near future.

Negatives (listed on priority):

1. Phone dies after a while. Appears to be linked with 3G. Can receive data, but cannot make, receive calls or sms's. Once switch to 2G, problem is solved. Very annoying! (My 3G operates on 2100Mhz bandwidth - is that relevant?)

2. During calls, proximity sensor turns off screen and it does not come back on. Have to end call to get screen working. (Havent checked out Call light/ Keepscreen, but they may fix this)

3. Wifi is buggy. Works first time after boot, and even after sleep. But never after it is switched off (wifi sleep policy is set to never, and screen time out is 2 minutes). Solution?

4. No bluetooth ( i know..ur working on it :))

5. Graphic drivers still very slow (can anything be done?)

6. Memory (RAM) is low that probably led to me experiencing freezes that required battery removal. Initially RAM around 60mb, then after opening a few apps comes down to 20mb. Was Tempted to kill apps manually. But after switching to Launcher pro the problem seems to have subsided a bit.

7. Charging never reaches 100% for me. Goes into middle 90s and then falls back to 84% soon after unplugging. Solution?

8. Root access to apps is hit and miss. Sometimes it hangs, on blank screen and nothing happens. After multiple attempts i get root access for some apps (still havent managed for titanium backup).

9. Sometimes the rotation sensor locks to landscape mode (for a while) and cant get out. Annoying so disabled auto rotation.

10. Would like to see hotspot feature.

11. Camera hardware button does not start camera app, but can take pictures and start video

12. After reboot (freeze or SOD), clock is sometimes wrong. Have to adjust manually.

13. That horrible pink loading screen..bleh! lol :)

14. No automatic install.

Great job developers. Its only Beta2 and already come so far! If you fix the phone problem, wifi, and bluetooth i think you'd be close to a stable release. Its hard enough porting android and also deal with people's problems. Kudos to all! If i wasnt a poor university student i would donate to your efforts. Hope to see updates in the near future.

Edited by AoSra1n

Guest voyteckst

I must say that I can't decide whether to get a new phone with android or keep my O2 with this update... it's definitely a great development!!

Thanks to the developers!! and everyone here making it possible!!

Now, my question is, can we change the IMEI number?? It's set as 000000000000000, and I can't install swype because it detects that the device is an android emulator

Thanks again!!

No it cannot be changed. It's something to be implemented.

Guest voyteckst

Negatives (listed on priority):

1. Phone dies after a while. Appears to be linked with 3G. Can receive data, but cannot make, receive calls or sms's. Once switch to 2G, problem is solved. Very annoying! (My 3G operates on 2100Mhz bandwidth - is that relevant?)

2. During calls, proximity sensor turns off screen and it does not come back on. Have to end call to get screen working. (Havent checked out Call light/ Keepscreen, but they may fix this)

3. Wifi is buggy. Works first time after boot, and even after sleep. But never after it is switched off (wifi sleep policy is set to never, and screen time out is 2 minutes). Solution?

4. No bluetooth ( i know..ur working on it :))

5. Graphic drivers still very slow (can anything be done?)

6. Memory (RAM) is low that probably led to me experiencing freezes that required battery removal. Initially RAM around 60mb, then after opening a few apps comes down to 20mb. Was Tempted to kill apps manually. But after switching to Launcher pro the problem seems to have subsided a bit.

7. Charging never reaches 100% for me. Goes into middle 90s and then falls back to 84% soon after unplugging. Solution?

8. Root access to apps is hit and miss. Sometimes it hangs, on blank screen and nothing happens. After multiple attempts i get root access for some apps (still havent managed for titanium backup).

9. Sometimes the rotation sensor locks to landscape mode (for a while) and cant get out. Annoying so disabled auto rotation.

10. Would like to see hotspot feature.

11. Camera hardware button does not start camera app, but can take pictures and start video

12. After reboot (freeze or SOD), clock is sometimes wrong. Have to adjust manually.

13. That horrible pink loading screen..bleh! lol :)

14. No automatic install.

Great job developers. Its only Beta2 and already come so far! If you fix the phone problem, wifi, and bluetooth i think you'd be close to a stable release. Its hard enough porting android and also deal with people's problems. Kudos to all! If i wasnt a poor university student i would donate to your efforts. Hope to see updates in the near future.

1. I'm using it daily and didn't have such behavior. Maybe it's really what You write.

2. Right, it's a bug seen after release. After call just swipe through prximity sensor and screen will be back.

3. Right, sleep bug (probably same cause as for black screen for call). Strange that Wifi works for some and for some not (wifi network settings?).

4. Yes.

5. Maybe, but it's not a priority.

6. Really? It should kill apps with less priority.

7. It should.

8. There is su binary, so it should work.

9. Strange. It should work just fine (but I have disabled it on main screen).

10. I too.

11. ?

12. To be honest I never had such behavior.

13. In future it'll be replaced by logo. We know it's awful ;-)

14. Yes. Working on this.

And last but not least: this beta is generally system which I'm using daily since two weeks or more, only with cleaned cache, private data, private apps. It should work just fine. I never had a freeze or SOD on it. But some apps from Market are really buggy and nasty (ie. take too much RAM, have errors and so on...).

Guest calolobo

It was my mistake, you see, it was late night for me. This morning I setted the APN properly and 3G connection started to work. Also calling works well so far and no SOD.

I am really impressed with the great work done by the developers, it sounds a miracle a working froyo android on O2. I think that I will use it on daily basis, no more WM6.5 crap.

Good.

I just have bad luck then, i don't have any signal to make calls, it is very strange, because with a SIM Card from other company everything is normal. sad.gif

P.S.

Hello, I install it correctly. But what does not work is the phone and wi fi, the rest works correctly. know why?

Has tratado de utilizar una sim card de otra compañía de teléfono?, a mi me funciona así , no funciona con Claro pero si con Vomistar, he preguntado aquí pero aún no recibo respuesta. unsure.gif

Edited by calolobo