[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Skate [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest utternoob

Anyone had problems downloading things that aren't from the market? Tried downloading UK stock ROM and SVoice but to no avail. Hoping it isn't a hardware problem: (

Edit: My bad, SD was full

Edited by utternoob

Guest Redstarr1

Paid usb tethering???

No, koush's tethering app is free, unlimited for 14 days and 20mb per day after that. Not a lot but it's sufficient for basic browsing. And tethering works completely on non-ICS roms if it's a deal breaker for you.

Guest Josh92

USB tethering works for me on Windows 7.

Bluetooth should, too, but I didn;t test.

Yeah it's just not natively supported on Mac for some reason.

I somehow was using the Skate as a Wifi hotspot a few months back without any apps, can't think for the life of me how, think it may have been back on Atomic (GB), so it is possible with the hardware.

I'll have a go with Bluetooth see if I can get it working, I could do it with an old Nokia too. If its that important why not pay the £4? Not that much and works really well, try the trial. Saves a lot more on the battery that wifi or bluetooth too. I'm sure you've paid for other apps that are less useful.

EDIT: Nope, can't get it either.

Edited by Josh92

Guest cooler11

I'll do it.

It appears as usb drive if I turn on usb storage, but the problem is to appear as a modem, not just as sd card.

Yeah it's just not natively supported on Mac for some reason.

I somehow was using the Skate as a Wifi hotspot a few months back without any apps, can't think for the life of me how, think it may have been back on Atomic (GB), so it is possible with the hardware.

I'll have a go with Bluetooth see if I can get it working, I could do it with an old Nokia too. If its that important why not pay the £4? Not that much and works really well, try the trial. Saves a lot more on the battery that wifi or bluetooth too. I'm sure you've paid for other apps that are less useful.

EDIT: Nope, can't get it either.

I just checked it, with usb storage on. No lack.

See the screenshot, sd card named 'zte-skate' is mounted, but in the other window with connections, I can see every other modem setting but no zte modem at all!

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/8272/modems.jpg

Edited by cooler11

Guest felystar

Tilal do you think there is any chace on porting the recent apps in ICS to GB? So that when you hold home button you see like in ICS what you have opened and you.can close it.

Guest cooler11

USB tethering works fine for me !! Just reboot in clockword incase u r having issue with drivers in windows 7.

Can you explain?

How can the computer communicate with skate, while in clockworkmod?

Guest Josh92

@jtharmor, we are talking about OSX not Windows.

@Cooler, yeah ZTE aren't on there, I tried generic etc but I'm not entirely sure if any will work, might be possible somehow if the settings are right, I suggest just paying the £4 if it's that important for you, or at least try the trial.

Guest hugobosslives

How to update? I already installed the coldfusion rom and i want only update this.

just install the zip in clockwork.

no data wipe (you can clear caches if you want but this is not needed)

Guest jtharmor

Can you explain?

How can the computer communicate with skate, while in clockworkmod?

CWM-->Advance settings --> Turn on USB storage....

But you have to just boot in CWM and windows will start finding the drivers..........if one USB port does not work try second one......

Edited by jtharmor

Guest jtharmor

Battery life is shockingly good.............i have installed Kernel 8 from C3CO and i think it has further enhanced the battery life

Guest jtharmor

@jtharmor, we are talking about OSX not Windows.

@Cooler, yeah ZTE aren't on there, I tried generic etc but I'm not entirely sure if any will work, might be possible somehow if the settings are right, I suggest just paying the £4 if it's that important for you, or at least try the trial.

My reply was for USB tethering works or not ? Yes it works on windows for me.....

Guest cooler11

I think I finally did it!

Install foxfi app in skate, and this allows me to share my skate's internet connection to my computer, using bluetooth!

I made a lot of tests, it seems to work well! :)

Guest razzmataz1478

As you should all have already noticed, native usb tethering does not work on Mac

As far as I know this is Macs problem

Edited by razzmataz1478

Guest razzmataz1478

please can some one help i can not get cm9 to boot it just sits on boot screen please please help

Have you ever flashed Skatie or done a tpt?

i have flashed skatie rom months back when it was first uploaded if we on about the same thing and it worked fine all other cm9 work ok but not fully but tilals 4.0.4 wont boot and i cant get gapps working on other cm9s

Edited by hso

Guest Josh92

i have flashed skatie rom months back when it was first uploaded if we on about the same thing and it worked fine all other cm9 work ok but not fully but tilals 4.0.4 wont boot and i cant get gapps working on other cm9s

Have tried wiping data & caches before installing? Also have you done a TPT as razz said?

(Go Terminal Emulator app and type df, hit enter, find /system, size needs to be 200mb+ to fit rom + gapps)

Have tried wiping data & caches before installing? Also have you done a TPT as razz said?

(Go Terminal Emulator app and type df, hit enter, find /system, size needs to be 200mb+ to fit rom + gapps)

yes wiped all data n caches not sure how to tpt but just did emulator and it said system size is 150 how can i up it

Guest pctv007

yes wiped all data n caches not sure how to tpt but just did emulator and it said system size is 150 how can i up it

Use TPT helper (find it on market) and Download Option 4 (Skate v2b; 2Mb cache 200MB system and 238MB Data). Follow the instructions and the reinstall or restore a previous backup

Use TPT helper (find it on market) and Download Option 4 (Skate v2b; 2Mb cache 200MB system and 238MB Data). Follow the instructions and the reinstall or restore a previous backup

i just googled tpt skate n downloaded opt 2 but will go get 4 i will let u know how it go's thank u

Guest Redstarr1

i just googled tpt skate n downloaded opt 2 but will go get 4 i will let u know how it go's thank u

It's fine as long as the system partition is 200 mb, with a smaller cache size you just get more space for apps. Option 2 would have worked as well.