[ROM] FusionX Huawei Y300 v1.0 [B199] [Full HWA]

Guest tillaz

Guest tillaz

1. Removing the .ISO files from your ROM didn't get rid of the virtual CD drive. I'd rather it not appear at all or work like it used to (with the .ISO mounted so the drivers are accessible, or at the very least replace them with my own .ISO). If I simply move the two .ISO files back to /cdrom and /etc it has no effect, though I didn't try doing it with a flashable .ZIP because /system is the only path in there and I didn't know if it was important to match. I just copied extracted cdrom and etc from the removed.rar and copied them to the SD card and merged them using Root Explorer.

to be honest i never even noticed that the CD drive is still mounted even though the iso is removed,

but now i do it really does not bother me as when you enable usb mass storage from the notification bar it opens both storage options automatic

and its gone as soon as you disconnect your phone so its no big deal.

i will upload the drivers / cdrom when i get time.

2. The 3G fix linked earlier in the thread breaks USB Mass Storage. It appears to flash a couple of images to some /dev/block files, but I don't know what the "fix" does that would cause other things to break.

what 3G fix?

data works fine on this rom, unless your not using the Y300-0100, then i have no idea as it was not made for other devices.

The virtual drive appears as soon as I plug my phone into the USB cable, but the drive letters don't show up until I choose the option to turn USB Storage on. Previous behavior was they all showed up as soon as the phone was plugged in, didn't prompt me to turn USB Storage on, and both the internal and SD were still accessible to the phone while connected (I didn't ever have to turn USB Storage off).

like I've said before, this is normal / the way its supposed to be on stock android (AOSP)

previous behaviour is huawei's customisations, and the idea of this rom is to remove all of that and use AOSP,

you will want to use a more stock huawei based rom if you want that stuff.

note:

if you want storage options to be available as soon as you plug in the phone (on AOSP)

you need to select "connected as installer" then choose MTP connection, then when you plug in your device you will have

something like this, which has the storage options inside.

post-913969-0-17444400-1376935632.png

think i have found the true cause of the phone slowing down (its not xposed framework)

performance seems very good now, will be an update in a few days or maybe a week

- improved handling of RAM (no that's does not mean more free, as that's not good)

- improved performance

- improved battery life (fixed the crazy drain when off wifi)

So you continue to develop this ROM? I have lost a few step ...

:)

Guest internectual
what 3G fix?

data works fine on this rom, unless your not using the Y300-0100, then i have no idea as it was not made for other devices.

The one mentioned here. It's a batch file with adb commands to flash two .img files to /dev/block (and a new recovery) which works to restore missing support for 3G on the Y300-0151, but breaks USB Mass Storage under your ROM (and presumably the "NORMAL" firmware on Huawei's website for the Y300-0100).

like I've said before, this is normal / the way its supposed to be on stock android (AOSP)

previous behaviour is huawei's customisations, and the idea of this rom is to remove all of that and use AOSP,

you will want to use a more stock huawei based rom if you want that stuff.

note:

if you want storage options to be available as soon as you plug in the phone (on AOSP)

you need to select "connected as installer" then choose MTP connection, then when you plug in your device you will have

something like this, which has the storage options inside.

post-913969-0-17444400-1376935632.png

That gives me access to the internal and SD card, but when I tried copying a .ZIP it never appeared. I suspected this was a limitation of using a connection type designated for media players, as I've had similar issues with MP3 players using MTP. If I can't copy any filetype to my phone without going through hoops it isn't useful. That's why I prefer drive letters and no restrictions on what I can copy.

Guest tillaz

That gives me access to the internal and SD card, but when I tried copying a .ZIP it never appeared. I suspected this was a limitation of using a connection type designated for media players, as I've had similar issues with MP3 players using MTP. If I can't copy any filetype to my phone without going through hoops it isn't useful. That's why I prefer drive letters and no restrictions on what I can copy.

MTP connection works for copying any files, including .zip.. i know this for sure because MTP is the only option the nexus 4 has, so i have to use it regularly.

it operates the same in the huawei stock rom and this rom as i have personally used it before.

if you do not like MTP connection use mass storage, this gives the drive letters, and works much better, this needs enabled when you want to use it from the notification area and turned off from the same place when finished like the most android phones.

I'm guessing you are new to android or you would already know that's the normal way mass storage is handled, and its huawei's stock rom that's different.

understandable if EmotionUI was your first look at android ;)

Guest hele16

Hi, I have a Huawei Y300-0100 Czech Republic. Handsfree is connected, but the sound is heard from the phone. During the call, off and on hadsfree and everything is fine. Every time I call, repeat this procedure. You do not know how to solve this problem? Thank you.

Guest ZolaIII

Just to let everyone on the costume roms know that the official firmware upgrade is just rolled out over the OTA! It's a 194B (87,16 Mb) containing the Viber fix & Google patches for the system!

It's for Y300 & base it's 178B...

post-1013363-0-34251500-1376953411_thumb

This is most frequent trade, i will delete this in a couple of days.

Edited by ZolaIII

Guest tillaz

Just to let everyone on the costume roms know that the official firmware upgrade is just rolled out over the OTA! It's a 194B (84,16 Mb) containing the Viber fix & Google patches for the system!

cool,

has anyone uploaded the update package yet? judging by the size its just a patch. would be appreciated if someone could upload it :)

Guest Clarkiieh
Just to let everyone on the costume roms know that the official firmware upgrade is just rolled out over the OTA! It's a 194B (84,16 Mb) containing the Viber fix & Google patches for the system!

This for stock ROM as well?

Guest ZolaIII

This for stock ROM as well?

It's for Y300 international!

If there is no any for G510 in next couple of days then there is sense in uploading this so the guys like "Tilaz" can integrate it manually in they buils!

On the other hand Kral or someone else could make various (scripted) flash able zips so it's available for everybody on stock or stock based.

To be honest i don't know is there any difference between this & 190B except naturally this one is intended for international version of Y300...

Guest tillaz

If there is no any for G510 in next couple of days then there is sense in uploading this so the guys like "Tilaz" can integrate it manually in they buils!

On the other hand Kral or someone else could make various (scripted) flash able zips so it's available for everybody on stock or stock based.

To be honest i don't know is there any difference between this & 190B except naturally this one is intended for international version of Y300...

if someone sends me the package (update.app) i will make a flashable .zip for all roms ;)

Guest Laximus

thanks

but where did you find it?

my phone doesnt shows any update, and also no update on the official site

http://consumer.huawei.com/en/mobile-phones/smart-phones/support/downloads/y300-en.htm

Guest internectual
I'm guessing you are new to android or you would already know that's the normal way mass storage is handled, and its huawei's stock rom that's different.

understandable if EmotionUI was your first look at android ;)

This is just my first Android 4.x phone, which is when they made MTP standard. Before that I had a Motorola i1 running 1.5 and a Samsung Prevail running 2.3, so it's not my first time at the rodeo. If Huaewei ever gets around to posting the right firmware for the Y300-0151 I'll probably go back to stock and just "roll my own" as you have by stripping out the bloat and replacing apps with ones of my choosing. I don't really have an issue with EmotionUI. I liked that the version that originally came with my phone supported "inserting" app icons in front or behind others, and dragging icons across pages. With stock UI or the old EmotionUI that's part of B172 you have to manually move every icon after where you want the new icon to go. It was a minor inconvenience that it had no app drawer, but I just placed mostly unused apps on the last page and ignored them. I could have put them in folders instead.

Guest tillaz

This is just my first Android 4.x phone, which is when they made MTP standard. Before that I had a Motorola i1 running 1.5 and a Samsung Prevail running 2.3, so it's not my first time at the rodeo. If Huaewei ever gets around to posting the right firmware for the Y300-0151 I'll probably go back to stock and just "roll my own" as you have by stripping out the bloat and replacing apps with ones of my choosing. I don't really have an issue with EmotionUI. I liked that the version that originally came with my phone supported "inserting" app icons in front or behind others, and dragging icons across pages. With stock UI or the old EmotionUI that's part of B172 you have to manually move every icon after where you want the new icon to go. It was a minor inconvenience that it had no app drawer, but I just placed mostly unused apps on the last page and ignored them. I could have put them in folders instead.

yeah, i was talking about the USB mass storage option, which has been there since i can remember (android 2.2)

i would never use MTP if USB mass storage is available.

also if you like the EmotionUI launcher you could have a look at MiHome Launcher its similar and available on the market

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.miui.mihome2&hl=en

Guest Laximus

Tillaz:

if you remember, you asked that we could write to Huawei to ask how the hardware accelerated off on the system side.

I wrote them, and they sent me an answer today:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Huawei device.

After our relevant department checking, the > android:hardwareAccelerated="true" tag can work well.

Would you please kindly double check and try again?

Once again thank you for contacting Huawei device.

Best Regards.

Huawei Device Customer Care Team.

the only different what i see is the two small quote note at the true...

EDIT: sorry, no, it's the same what you wrote.

than what will be the next question to them? =D

Edited by Laximus

Guest reedo_17

Tillaz:

if you remember, you asked that we could write to Huawei to ask how the hardware accelerated off on the system side.

Dear Customer,

After our relevant department checking, the > android:hardwareAccelerated="true" tag can work well.

Best Regards.

exact same reply for me aswell

Guest ZolaIII

Sory! I whose unable to catch the B194 OTA update because it's automatically deleted after 1/3 install steps! If someone else is willing to tray choose remind me later option after download! I can only confirm that is a bug fix update like B190 with probably more Googles patches, so it's stability - functional not performance update.

Guest Ducsidu

Sory! I whose unable to catch the B194 OTA update because it's automatically deleted after 1/3 install steps! If someone else is willing to tray choose remind me later option after download! I can only confirm that is a bug fix update like B190 with probably more Googles patches, so it's stability - functional not performance update.

Someone should try to update it with HiSuite, maybe that won't delete the update file.

Guest tillaz

Tillaz:

Dear Customer,

Best Regards.

typical huawei, they seriously are the worst of the worst when it comes to software and customer service...

they are just snubbing us like normal, probably did not even look into it.

no point wasting time chasing them we wont get anything from them :(

Guest tillaz

do you know where i can get the stock rom you where on before the update? B178

Guest Clarkiieh

do you know where i can get the stock rom you where on before the update? B178

Tillaz. Asanfile have all firmware including the B186 UK channel and earlier.. But

You have to pay somewhat 50dollas or soo just for membership. That's the only place I have seen the UK channel firmware that is force flashable on UK phones :/

Guest Clarkiieh

Yeah but trying to find the UK Channel firmware is like finding a needle in a hay stack, the ones on the huawei website don't work on UK phones