[ROM] FusionX Huawei Y300 v1.0 [B199] [Full HWA]

Guest tillaz

Guest soulhand

I'm having issues with the phone not getting incoming calls - they go straight to voice mail. In two different locations, with reasonable signal strength in one of them, low in the other. In both locations, I've been able to make calls OK, and send and receive SMS.

It's only happened since I installed B8. Still might be coincidence, of course.

@jackosterman - i dont think it can..

@tillaz - can i ask you, why do you preffer go backup over titanium?

i seen titanium cause issues on roms in the past, and just like Go backup better as i think it has a better UI making it easer to use, 

i normally use an older version to the one on the market http://www.solidfiles.com/d/998189aaf8/

The dsp manager doesnt work. Do nothing.

works fine for me, however you will only notice it threw headphones with the headset settings, but the difference with base is amazing,

not sure how good it would be for the phone speaker to be made physically louder than its already setup to be

as i have seen similar things kill phone speakers in the past, one of the main reasons i never use an equaliser on the phone speaker.

works fine for me, however you will only notice it threw headphones with the headset settings, but the difference with base is amazing,

not sure how good it would be for the phone speaker to be made physically louder than its already setup to be

as i have seen similar things kill phone speakers in the past, one of the main reasons i never use an equaliser on the phone speaker.

Yeah I know. Tried with 4 audio players (with apollo too) and didnt notice any effect (Tangerine posted the same in the past)

Yeah I know. Tried with 4 audio players (with apollo too) and didnt notice any effect (Tangerine posted the same in the past)

strange, i can't use my headphones without it these days, will double check with that zip i posted just incase its the zip you flashed 

but viper4android is based on DSP manager so work the same way.

Edit: definitely working with Google play music

for headphones this is the settings i use, makes the base amazing (apply when music is playing to hear difference) 

post-913969-0-79116800-1385563056_thumb. post-913969-0-51850500-1385563058_thumb.

Guest TangerineTractor

strange, i can't use my headphones without it these days, will double check with that zip i posted just incase its the zip you flashed

No, I was the opposite. I just dropped the dspmanager apk in system/app and it worked with headphones and speaker - Tillaz said it shouldn't! I could hear the differentce using the speaker, seting it to "deep" got rid of all the tinniness, especially at low volumes (I like music on going to sleep, to drown out the wife's snoring ;-) !!!)

Edited by TangerineTractor

@tillaz, hi, somebody said that youtube HQ doesnt work and crash, so i tried it, and its true, sometimes crash and sometimes doesnt play, so i did a logcat: http://pastebin.com/G2MbKc94

i tried to read the log, but i am not skilled about these things :(, there is some problem with OMX i think, maybe some missed libs

No, I was the opposite. I just dropped the dspmanager apk in system/app and it worked with headphones and speaker - Tillaz said it shouldn't! I could hear the differentce using the speaker, seting it to "deep" got rid of all the tinniness, especially at low volumes (I like music on going to sleep, to drown out the wife's snoring ;-) !!!)

look at the source code for DSP manager and you will see what it needs to fully work,

for a start stock roms not have "libcyanogen-dsp.so" so not sure how it would work without the required lib, or its not fully working.  

@tillaz, hi, somebody said that youtube HQ doesnt work and crash, so i tried it, and its true, sometimes crash and sometimes doesnt play, so i did a logcat: http://pastebin.com/G2MbKc94

i tried to read the log, but i am not skilled about these things :(, there is some problem with OMX i think, maybe some missed libs

are you using stock kernel 

are you using stock kernel 

damn, you're right, maybe the cextel kernel, i'll try immediately with stock kernel :) and i'll post results 

Edit: Yes, it is a kernel problem, with stock kernel Youtube in HQ works without problems, i will talk with Ceastel :)

Edited by fonz93

damn, you're right, maybe the cextel kernel, i'll try immediately with stock kernel :) and i'll post results 

i just did, its working fine, and the phone feels faster, think i will just stick with stock kernel 

i just did, its working fine, and the phone feels faster, think i will just stick with stock kernel 

Yes you're right, with stock works without problems, sorry if i've spent your time :)

Guest danny19901
you JUST missed kitkat :P ah well, enjoy your SGS3
I noticed I missed KitKat but I didn't get SGS3 I got P880 instead :P and I got my own build of 4.4 KitKat :P all working I decided I'm keeping P880 and Xmas possibly earlier I will get Y300 and possibly Develop for it

post-789972-13855763788929_thumb.jpg

Edited by danny19901

Guest TayoOnabule

I noticed I missed KitKat but I didn't get SGS3 I got P880 instead :P and I got my own build of 4.4 KitKat :P all working I decided I'm keeping P880 and Xmas possibly earlier I will get Y300 and possibly Develop for it

Very nice choice :3 i heard the screen is lovely on that phone, the colour reproduction that is :P

I'm trying to install FusionX B8 on my Y300-0100 using CWM. I booted to recovery, chose these in order:

- Wipe data/factory reset

- Wipe /cache

- Advanced->Wipe dalvik cache

- Storage->Format /system

I then proceeded to install FusionX from zip. It installed alright, after few minutes it booted into it without problem. But when I try to connect to wifi, it says "Enabling wifi" and it's stuck there for ~10 minutes without doing anything.

When I tried to install CM11/KitKat on it, it enabled wifi just fine.

Also, in Settings-About->Status I cannot see Wifi MAC address :/

EDIT: Issue identified. It seems formatting /system breaks it somehow, other ROMs have no issue registering wifi MAC address, but FusionX looks like needs remnants of original ROM for it to function. Therefore, upon restoring original NAND backup of my phone and following process as described above, with exception of Formating /system fixed this problem.

@Tillaz: is this intentional, or a bug?

Edited by rtlx

I'm trying to install FusionX B8 on my Y300-0100 using CWM. I booted to recovery, chose these in order:

- Wipe data/factory reset

- Wipe /cache

- Advanced->Wipe dalvik cache

- Storage->Format /system

I then proceeded to install FusionX from zip. It installed alright, after few minutes it booted into it without problem. But when I try to connect to wifi, it says "Enabling wifi" and it's stuck there for ~10 minutes without doing anything.

When I tried to install CM11/KitKat on it, it enabled wifi just fine.

Also, in Settings-About->Status I cannot see Wifi MAC address :/

no sure what's going on as wifi works fine for me, did you try rebooting ?

anyone else having this issue? 

Edited my original post above, I already found out what's wrong with it. Question is whether this needs fixing or not... I just tried and same issue is in previous Beta 7 release.

But as I said, it only happens when I try to install it truly cleanly (with formatting /system). It's a as if some file regarding Wifi is missing in FusionX...

Edited by rtlx

Guest jackosterman

Correct me if I'm wrong, but /system should be automatically wiped when you flash the ROM (although I've always manually wiped it anyway). That said, with past builds I've had to occasionally (but not commonly) enable/disable/enable wifi to get it going, in case you encounter similar behavior again.

Edited by jackosterman

EDIT: Issue identified. It seems formatting /system breaks it somehow, other ROMs have no issue registering wifi MAC address, but FusionX looks like needs remnants of original ROM for it to function. Therefore, upon restoring original NAND backup of my phone and following process as described above, with exception of Formating /system fixed this problem.

@Tillaz: is this intentional, or a bug?

the problem is not with the rom, as i have it setup to delete the system partition anyway before flashing, same with the data partition etc.

take a look at the start of the updater-script (full wipe including system is built in)

show_progress(0.1, 0);
run_program("/sbin/busybox", "mount", "/cust");
run_program("/sbin/busybox", "mount", "/data");
run_program("/sbin/busybox", "mount", "/system");
delete_recursive("/cust");
delete_recursive("/data");
delete_recursive("/system");
delete_recursive("/sdcard/.android_secure");
show_progress(0.5, 18);
package_extract_dir("cust", "/cust");
package_extract_dir("data", "/data");
package_extract_dir("system", "/system");

the problem is probably with the recovery you are using,  (try the latest TWRP)

Yes, I actually have two Y300's...With TWRP it works just fine, but I didn't know if TWRP actually formats /system or just performs wipe as CWM does. Anyway, as I said if I only performed factory reset/wipe data, cache and dalvik wifi works.

It's weird... Using latest CWM by the way.

Also probably worth adding that when flashing using CWM, last line in log is "Installing updates..." nothing about flashing complete (I am not surte if it says that at all). But there are no errors, and after a while of "Installing updates..." I can continue interacting with CWM again.

Edited by rtlx

Yes, I actually have two Y300's...With TWRP it works just fine, but I didn't know if TWRP actually formats /system or just performs wipe as CWM does. Anyway, as I said if I only performed factory reset/wipe data, cache and dalvik wifi works.

It's weird... Using latest CWM by the way.

Also probably worth adding that when flashing using CWM, last line in log is "Installing updates..." nothing about flashing complete (I am not surte if it says that at all). But there are no errors, and after a while of "Installing updates..." I can continue interacting with CWM again.

ether way the system is deleted before installation, so not sure what's going on with cwm, never used it in years.

but the reason you don't see any other text than "Installing updates..." is just because i have not added anything like that to the updater-script 

for example, if i was to add 

ui_print("Install complete...");

at the end of the updater-script you would see that after installation finishes 

Hi, too late for me, I installed the kernel cexstel and I also have problems with youtube...¿is there any way to return to stock kernel without reinstalling the rom?

Hi, too late for me, I installed the kernel cexstel and I also have problems with youtube...¿is there any way to return to stock kernel without reinstalling the rom?

yes: Google b199 kernel and flash it by twrp after wiping only dalvik cache and cache.

@tillaz. is there a way to have .wma files read by the system?