[KK] [4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 [ROM] [ALL] [WEEKLY BUILDS ON FRIDAY]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest RenatoNismo

ART didn't worth. tried 5 minutes and came back to dalvik.

UI lagging a bit more than with dalvik, issues with stability, app facebook always crash.

Guest spikypotato

How about ART ?

Just tried ART for like...fifth time (I guess?) without Facebook, Twitter and WhatsApp installed. Pretty good. But I switched back to Dalvik.

Guest dammann

I had a similar issue when passed from [b200] AOSP ROM to Slimkat, the back button didn't work. I discovered that it was because I restored some system settings from TitaniumBackup. As the settings came from a different ROM they f***d up the system. I had to reflash the rom again after a full wipe.

Thanks rederik75.

I was "hoping" that this issue was ROM-related and that I can avoid a full wipe. But anyway, I didn't switch from another ROM to CM11. As I said, I'm currently using the July 03 build and even when reflashing this build, the button bug appears. I'll keep checking the changelogs until something interesting happens there an will update later, because everything is smooth as silk and (for me) stable.

I'll report after full wipe and re-flashing.

Guest YeeApple

Hey. I'm new here and I don't know how to flash this rom. I have never tried to do it. Is there any full instructions what I should do to install this ROM on Huawei Y300 with stock kernel/ROM? How should I roll back phone to stock ROM if I don't like a custom ROM?

Thanks.

Edited by YeeApple

Guest dammann

Hi YeeApple!

If you just google your topic including your phone model you'll find plenty of information how to do it.

In brief, the first thing you have to do would be unlocking your bootloader (http://www.android-hilfe.de/root-custom-roms-modding-fuer-huawei-ascend-g510/457589-anleitung-bootloader-unlock-root-custom-recovery.html) - I hope you don't mind that it is in German, as I am from Germany. 

Secondly, install a custom recovery, e.g. TWRP, you can find a link in the first post.

This would be a good point to do a so-called "nandroid" backup of your original stock ROM to an EXTERNAL SD CARD (!!!) 

You can also download the stock ROM from HUAWEI (http://consumer.huawei.com/en/mobile-phones/support/downloads/g510-en.htm)

Once you have done that, you simply download the newest version of the ROM (link's given in the first post), boot to recovery and install that zip from the external SD card.

DONE!

Note: unlocking the bootloader will do a factory reset of your phone, so ALL personal data will be lost at this point. Back up BEFORE you unlock anything. also, it will be hard to backup some personal data like e.g. game save files, as backup software is usually not capable of accessing this data without root permissions.

Happy flashing! :)

Edited by dammann

Guest willi1207

Google Play Music crashes.

I  have installed cm-11-20140717-NIGHTLY-u8951.zip on my G510. Unfortunately the 'Play Music' App crashes when starting to stream music.

Does anyone have a solution?  As I can see in the web there seems to be a generall problem with Cyanogenmod and Play Music...

Guest racky29

YeeApple, you need to unlock your boot loader and install custom recovery, like TWRP 2.7.x.x

There are some guides here in modaco

Guest wbrambley

Thank you for replies. Is there any way to install stock recovery after installing custom recovery?

Yes but why would you want to?

I use twrp 2.6.3.3 as it will back up my second SD partition(2.7.x.x won't.) and have never had an issue with it.

Edited by wbrambley

Guest fonz93

Thank you for replies. Is there any way to install stock recovery after installing custom recovery?

Yes, flashing an update.app

Yes but why would you want to?

I think for warrantly

Guest wbrambley

Yes, flashing an update.app

I think for warrantly

Can also make a zip flashable from custom recovery to revert to stock recovery.

Guys is it just me or screen is using too much battery?

When i'm reading news or something like that on my phone, battery is draining faster than it should no matter what kernel or CM11 version i'm using. At the moment I'm on cm11 16.07 with Synopsis kernel gpu oc 15.07.

Everything else is simply awesome :) Any thoughts?

Guest xals1997

Guys is it just me or screen is using too much battery?

When i'm reading news or something like that on my phone, battery is draining faster than it should no matter what kernel or CM11 version i'm using. At the moment I'm on cm11 16.07 with Synopsis kernel gpu oc 15.07.

Everything else is simply awesome :) Any thoughts?

On my Y300, with normal use of the smartphone, my battery lasts me about 2 hours of screen. Obviously the screen is usually always the first on the list. I think that 2 hours its normal (I use whatsapp, facebook, trivia crash and runtastic) and my phone is 1 year and a half old.

I dont know, my battery is 2020mAh and with normal usage last 2 days, but latley i think that screen is discharging battery more quckly.

Guest ZolaIII

I used my phone (Y300) more than most of the people & its 1 & ½ year old, battery is pretty burned out bat it can still get around 2,5 h in 3G mode, 3,5 in 2G mode & more than 5 h in WiFi (cellular radio - off) mode with heavy use. Conclusion cellular radio sucks power like radar transmitter.

Guest mananino

Hi there,

just flashed the nightly cm-11-20140718-NIGHTLY-u8951.zip to my G510 and now having WIFI-Issues: The device tries to authenticate but always fails. Tested the wifi key with my lumia and it connected immediatley. With the cm-11-20140628-NIGHTLY-u8951 everything was fine. Any ideas? I also restarted the device without success. Thanks in advance,

Markus

Guest mananino

Install the 17/07 nightly

Hi Luca, are there known issues concerning wifi in that build? Is there a changelog somewhere? Thanks, Markus