[KK] [4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 [ROM] [ALL] [WEEKLY BUILDS ON FRIDAY]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest pulsomatic

I just updated to the newest nightly and it broke my phone. I updated the recovery image and did a complete wipe and installed the nightly again. There is nothing like launcher? The screen is just black with the statusbar on top. I can go to the lockscreen and start apps, but there is no launcher?

Guest LLiLiTo

I just updated to the newest nightly and it broke my phone. I updated the recovery image and did a complete wipe and installed the nightly again. There is nothing like launcher? The screen is just black with the statusbar on top. I can go to the lockscreen and start apps, but there is no launcher?

Go to page 10 the solution is there  :ph34r:

Guest Massy97
Nightly 11/12/2013 U8833
Bug:
-New WebView often hangs for a while when loading a page - this is a widespread issue for many "legacy" devices
-Wi-Fi hotspot is broken
-Green bars, colour seperation and broken pixels in YouTube videos and video playback
-Some apps fails to install showing a error message as "Can't install in USB 
-Storage or SD Card"
-Delay in showing in-call screen when making / receiving calls
-Camera crashes when viewing an image after taking it in Gallery(swipe to right in-camera) and goes in spurts
-Graphical glitch in screen off animation (CRT Animation)
-Occational lags in some apps are due to new implementation of WebView that's based on Chromium
-Translate better (ITA)
Edited by Massy97

Guest Dazzozo

Dazzozo I'm trying since this thread did not exist, I do not think you should do the NIGHTLY, please directly builds every now and then

Because there's a point in doing nightly builds when everything works and nothing changes?

Interesting... o_O

Most things work, there are a lot of changes daily. This is the perfect time to be doing nightlies.

...you don't have to use them! You don't have to flash them every day!

Guest Massy97
Dazzozo not offend you.

What I say is that maybe we solve major bugs release build also because:
How many nightly does it take to repair all bugs??
I really want this rom

Guest avenir791

i was used vlc. but not work properly..now i use vplayer and work fine i guess

may be it depends on the format or tupe of the video, the vplayer is compatible withe the format of video u used

Guest rederik75

Dazzozo not offend you.

I really want this rom

It's a work in progress: as bugs are found, devs work to close them, each nightly brings some closed bug with it and maybe opens new ones... Each nightly is a step on the path towards a RC or a stable release... ;-)

Dazzozo not offend you.

I really want this rom

What Dazzozo is trying to tell you is that his work with ROM is almost done, he isn't doing anything now.

All the fixes and bugs you see from nightlies come from CyanongenMod itself.

"Capisce"?

Guest Dazzozo

Nightlies aren't slowing down development in any way, so why is it a problem?

It takes as long as it takes to fix a bug, but it's going to take the same amount of time with or without nightlies.

Guest nirmalbalaji
Nightly 11/12/2013 U8833
Bug:
-New WebView often hangs for a while when loading a page - this is a widespread issue for many "legacy" devices
-Wi-Fi hotspot is broken
-Green bars, colour seperation and broken pixels in YouTube videos and video playback
-Some apps fails to install showing a error message as "Can't install in USB 
-Storage or SD Card"
-Delay in showing in-call screen when making / receiving calls
-Camera crashes when viewing an image after taking it in Gallery(swipe to right in-camera) and goes in spurts
-Graphical glitch in screen off animation (CRT Animation)
-Occational lags in some apps are due to new implementation of WebView that's based on Chromium
-Translate better (ITA)

Great work on simply COPY and PASTING it from my post on page 10. These are the minor issues in the nightlies of CM 11 and not the ground breaking bugs as you assume. It will be probably fixed when there is a solution and it will took lot of time. Don't ask ETA. We are in extremely early days of development of CM 11. So be patient or if you can't you always have the better option - Stock or Stock based ROMs which are BUG FREE to enjoy.

Take a look at the CM release cycle chart to have a better idea about the STABILITY of the ROMs.

post-1022006-0-04664900-1386785259_thumb

Guest dmm1000

Hi Dazzozo / Developers

great work BTW - am currently mid process in trying to install the CM 11 Rom

heres where i am - i have unlocked the boot locader and gone no further because each thread seems to suggest next step involving TWRP dont want to use

any of this TWRP stuff and want to use the old reliable - CWM Recovery

I want to be able to flash CWM Recovery and root the Y300 next without having to go anywhere near TWRP - how do i do the next steps 

1. get CWM recovery onto the phone (without TWRP)

2. Install CM11 (KitKat experimental)

thanks

Guest Massy97

Great work on simply COPY and PASTING it from my post on page 10. These are the minor issues in the nightlies of CM 11 and not the ground breaking bugs as you assume. It will be probably fixed when there is a solution and it will took lot of time. Don't ask ETA. We are in extremely early days of development of CM 11. So be patient or if you can't you always have the better option - Stock or Stock based ROMs which are BUG FREE to enjoy.

Take a look at the CM release cycle chart to have a better idea about the STABILITY of the ROMs.

attachicon.gifRelease Cycle Chart.jpg

Hahhaha I know that we will never see a RC