[KK] [4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 [ROM] [ALL] [WEEKLY BUILDS ON FRIDAY]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest N00btime

+6.

Just registered here to share my findings. This is my first Android smart phone, consider me a total n00b when it comes to roms, recovery, flashing and rooting.

Encouraged by the first positive posts here, I unlocked the bootloader, rooted my phone (Y300) and flashed TRW recovery + CM 11.0 nightly. Currently running the 25-01-2014 nightly.

Perhaps it's me, but I find the rom rather buggy. Well, it's a nightly so in itself that's not strange.

- Sometimes when making a call, the phone just says "call ended" before even dialing. I have to reboot to actually be able to make a call.

- Camera app, after taking a picture says "the camera app has stopped functioning" or something similar.

- Of course no radio app but that was expected

- Intensity of the torch cannot be regulated as opposed to the stock rom (you can choose three levels)

- Sadly it is not possible to choose the "touch" sound (when typing or tapping an icon). I really liked the waterdrop sound on the stock rom.

- I have my phone using the SD card as primary storage location. When connecting to my PC, two drives are showing "internal" and "external". The "internal" is actually the SD card, a bit confusing. 

Apart from the above, my phone won't play hi def videos from a network share. Only 360p plays fine.

My first impression was "Hey, isn't a custom rom supposed to add functionality instead of removing? 

As for the good stuff: 

The pone is faster now. Not that it matters a lot, but anyway.

I want to thank the developer(s) for putting so much work in this. It would be awesome if you could continue your work and improve the CM11.

I'll be trying out other versions as they come out.

Cheers.

Edited by N00btime

Guest mockingbird

You can change the touch sounds , root explorer to system/media/audio/ui . And how you want play high definition videos when our phone's screen is 480p ( 480x800)....

Guest N00btime

You can change the touch sounds , root explorer to system/media/audio/ui . And how you want play high definition videos when our phone's screen is 480p ( 480x800)....

Thanks, I read about the .ogg files that can be replaced. Will try that for sure.

The HD video would be downscaled, but after reading elsewhere I found that the amount of free memory (mine has 90MB free) does matter, as does the SOC.  

Cheers. 

Guest applegate

Any info about the stability of the latest nightly 4.4.3 cm11 builds for g510? I currently use the January 18th build having some minor issues. Need some advice about when to upgrade?

Thx applegate

More or less perfect for me now. The only significant nightly was 2 days ago, the rest have no effect on G510 so I'll leave it as it is and call it stable.

NFC doesn't bother me as I never used it when I had it but FM radio would be handy for when I'm on the train but no biggy.

Over all, pretty impressed with it :)

Guest tminhvan

Hello. Can you help me? Can you tell me why my phone doesn't get Mobile network after i installed this room - kitkat 4.4.

Help me please! I'm live in Viet Nam!

Guest SuicideBroccoli

Hello. Can you help me? Can you tell me why my phone doesn't get Mobile network after i installed this room - kitkat 4.4.

Help me please! I'm live in Viet Nam!

If you're using G330, that's why. A lot of people reported that they don't have working GSM on that device.. if not, then try wiping cache and dalvik.

Guest tminhvan

I have wiped cache. In the first reboot, it reported "you need to prefer to the sim card instructions that came with your phone". I don't know my problems. Please help me. But i think my device isn't popular, g510-0010 dual sim cards.

Guest xals1997

If Huawei Y530 comes with an Andreno 203 and with Android 4.3, maybe dazzozo can use the drivers for our device (because y300, g330 and g510 uses an Andreno 203 too). Maybe porting this drivers for our device can solve the issues with youtube pixelated videos, and maybe we can use hwa for games in cm11 or cm10.2.

I don't know much about this and maybe I'm wrong :P 

Edited by xals1997

Guest comax70

if you have problems with  viber installed this and a mod to rom lacks only the video sharing has everything including strikers

http://www.modaco.com/topic/368784-viber-mod-all-rom/

if you have problems with  viber installed this and a mod to rom lacks only the video sharing has everything including strikers

http://www.modaco.com/topic/368784-viber-mod-all-rom/

post-1020868-0-51007800-1391272742_thumb

Edited by comax70

Guest Y300-0100

FM. Hardly without something like this:

ramdisc/init.huawei.rc

service fm_dl /system/bin/sh /system/etc/init.qcom.fm.sh

class late_start
    user root
    group system qcom_oncrpc
    disabled
    oneshot