[DEV][ROM][2.7.] CyanogenMod 11 (Android 4.4.4)

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

Hey, just to say, I just restarde phone, and now everything works perfect :))

Tnx everyone for help..

I have one more question.. I there way to instal Serbian (Latin) language pack for keyboard? There is one Serbian language pack but, Cyrilic.. I need both Latin andd Cyrilic.. 

Tnx for help! :)

There's plenty of keyboard replacement apps in the Play Store. Or why can't you use latin layout from some other language?

You better ask Google to fix this.

Guest MJonMoDaCo

Hi KonstaT,

I have an interesting question for you. Some poor sop was asking about whether or not a smartphone can be turned on remotely.

I also noted that it involves the baseband. For those that don't know it, this is the radio that is constantly on in differing states of awareness, and the only way to be sure it's off, is to remove the battery. That is of course, if you're able to (because some phones now have a sealed unit - which is utterly painful to replace if you need to).

I note that my Stock ROM and even my 2nd phones ROM have official basebands. Yours is Unknown:

Baseband in About phone tells nothing about actual modem/radio firmware on the device. They've just hardcoded the value in build.prop (ro.build.baseband_version) in stock ROMs and you could change it to what ever you want. My CyanogenMod builds actually show accurate information - Unknown - it's exactly that.  ;)

Really? That's more than a little intriguing. How on earth does that come to a state of Unknown? Just being nosy :D

Guest KonstaT

Hi KonstaT,

I have an interesting question for you. Some poor sop was asking about whether or not a smartphone can be turned on remotely.

I also noted that it involves the baseband. For those that don't know it, this is the radio that is constantly on in differing states of awareness, and the only way to be sure it's off, is to remove the battery. That is of course, if you're able to (because some phones now have a sealed unit - which is utterly painful to replace if you need to).

I note that my Stock ROM and even my 2nd phones ROM have official basebands. Yours is Unknown:

Really? That's more than a little intriguing. How on earth does that come to a state of Unknown? Just being nosy :D

For anyone who prefers tinfoil headwear, I'd like to link this "study" made in highly reputable university (MIT). ;) Tinfoil hats actually only amplify mind-control beams radio waves.

But yes, radio firmware is a black box and there's no way of knowing what's exactly going on. I doubt there are any planted NSA backdoors in Apple or Qualcomm products though.

Radio firmware just doesn't return valid baseband version, that's why. If the property doesn't exist, default value is used ('Unknown' in whatever language you're using).

You still didn't quite understand. Stock firmware doesn't report baseband version any better - it's nothing but a hardcoded value. If this bothers you too much, on cm11 you can do
setprop gsm.version.baseband "my super awesome baseband version"

in rooted shell (or add a line to build.prop) and go admire your brand new baseband version. :P

Guest dexta

There's plenty of keyboard replacement apps in the Play Store. Or why can't you use latin layout from some other language?

You better ask Google to fix this.

I want to use keyboard from this rom, because I like it..

I now use Touch Pal X, which I used on stock ROM, on my Blade 3.. He have Serbian latin and Cyrilic (I will upload ss) On keyboard in this custom rom, Croatian isn't good.. There miss letters like ć,č,š,đ,ž etc.. 

Serbian latin, and Croatian are same, and i wanted to use Croatian, if I don't have Serbian latin, but Croatian on this keyboard is bad..

There screenshot from Touch Pal X

screenshot2014-06-03-12-.png

Guest MJonMoDaCo

For anyone who prefers tinfoil headwear, I'd like to link this "study" made in highly reputable university (MIT). ;) Tinfoil hats actually only amplify mind-control beams radio waves.

But yes, radio firmware is a black box and there's no way of knowing what's exactly going on. I doubt there are any planted NSA backdoors in Apple or Qualcomm products though.

Radio firmware just doesn't return valid baseband version, that's why. If the property doesn't exist, default value is used ('Unknown' in whatever language you're using).

You still didn't quite understand. Stock firmware doesn't report baseband version any better - it's nothing but a hardcoded value. If this bothers you too much, on cm11 you can do

in rooted shell (or add a line to build.prop) and go admire your brand new baseband version. :P

Got it. Thanks for the info. But, it's hardly going to help with wearing a tinfoil helmet (and they do look ridiculous), when it's the phone that's the target!?! :P

At least we know how to change that baseband value now. I'm much like the OP: Couldn't care less who bothers with that on my phone. It's got to be rather boring in my instance anyway. 

Edited by MJonMoDaCo

Guest mimmo89
Hi guys I would like a help. 
when I press on the touch near the hour, the device goes into Keylock, can solve? Thank you for your work.

Guest vuj1ca

Did you maybe  tap it twice ? 

If  so, this setting is located in settings/interface/status bar/ double tap to sleep.

It's a new feature that allows you to tap your status bar to lock your phone and put it in sleep mode.

Edited by vuj1ca

Guest mimmo89

Did you maybe  tap it twice ? 

If  so, this setting is located in settings/interface/status bar/ double tap to sleep.

It's a new feature that allows you to tap your status bar to lock your phone and put it in sleep mode.

grazie mille ho risolto, sei stato gentilissimo.

Guest KonstaT

Here's a command that will get and set the actual baseband version from modem firmware. Run this in rooted shell:
setprop gsm.version.baseband `strings /dev/block/mmcblk0p13 | grep -E 'P772|P740' | grep -m1 -e '[^\ ]\{12,\}'`
This should work at least on Blade III (P772) and Acqua (P740). If other atlas40 devices (V889D/V880E) have different model ID, please tell me before I include this in possible(?) future builds.

post-834050-0-68428700-1402140052_thumb.

Guest dubstep774

Hey KonstaT I have a problem which has persisted trough all of the builds I've installed (currently using the latest one 20140521).

The home screen icons of apps that are on the SD card dissapear uppon boot/reboot and I have to wait a couple of minutes then kill all apps (I think trebuchet is the culprit) and sometimes that fixes it (most of the times I have to manually drag all icons back in place) and also whenever an app updates from the playstore if it has an icon on the home screen, that icon dissapears and I have to drag it back out(annoying)

Guest KonstaT

Hey KonstaT I have a problem which has persisted trough all of the builds I've installed (currently using the latest one 20140521).

The home screen icons of apps that are on the SD card dissapear uppon boot/reboot and I have to wait a couple of minutes then kill all apps (I think trebuchet is the culprit) and sometimes that fixes it (most of the times I have to manually drag all icons back in place) and also whenever an app updates from the playstore if it has an icon on the home screen, that icon dissapears and I have to drag it back out(annoying)

I think better question is why on earth have you moved any apps to the sdcard to begin with? You have ~2.5GB /data partition that can't be utilized for anything else than apps (no internal emulated sdcard). Why do you need to intentionally make things worse by moving apps to slower storage?

I think it's a Trebuchet issue anyway, try using a different launcher.

Guest vuj1ca

I\m experiencing huge battery drains with this build, and i can''t fix it.

I tried everything, from fresh installing (twice) to tracking down the wakelocks.

Device is constantly in avake state, and i can't fix it.

I found out that google services is causing most of it, so i uninstaled google play upadates.

That seemed to work for a one day, untill i restarded the phone, when the problem returned back.

I had to charge phone 2 times a day, untill i tracked that google play problem.

Now it's back.

Just sudenly, phone enters awake state and stays there.

Tried restarting, removing battery, all those tricks and nothing works.

Right now, problem is most likely the google location reporting, and even when i turn off location in settings, phone stays awake.

One day it's google location, the other it's download manager...

Every day diferent app is causing the problem, and keeps phone awake.

Is there a way to stop this drains?

Guest KonstaT
New build. Read this before you do anything! New recovery is required to install this build. Either new ClockWorkMod or TWRP image will do the job. Don't forget to make a nandroid backup before installing as always. This is new Android subversion and the code was just recently merged to CyanogenMod. At least expect minor issues here and there.

cm-11-20140607-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-atlas40.zip
md5:1dff97a82306c56342fef88e0579402c

-Android 4.4.3
-dynamically set correct baseband version
-patched CVE-2014-3153
-patched latest OpenSSL vulnerabilities (merged)

Guest KonstaT

KonstaT !!! help !!!

its giving "installation aborted" error :(

HALP! HALP! Never saw that comming. Internet message boards never seize to amaze me.

Did you read the stuff where it said "Read this before you do anything!"? There's red letters in my release post as well as the OP. Crying out loud it only one post above yours.

1. download updated CWM or TWRP to your sdcard
2. boot to your current recovery
3. install updated CWM or TWRP in recovery
4. reboot recovery!!!
5. make a nandroid backup
6. install latest cm11 build

Guest zeploit

HALP! HALP! Never saw that comming. Internet message boards never seize to amaze me.

Did you read the stuff where it said "Read this before you do anything!"? There's red letters in my release post as well as the OP. Crying out loud it only one post above yours.

1. download updated CWM or TWRP to your sdcard
2. boot to your current recovery
3. install updated CWM or TWRP in recovery
4. reboot recovery!!!
5. make a nandroid backup
6. install latest cm11 build

oh sorry i saw. at the first page.

Edited by zeploit

Guest gpablo1

I installed the latest update and it runs very well and smooth. The baseband is displayed correctly. Konstat thank you very much for your hard work.

Guest Yurbuh Tuggly

Chances of compatibility with Medion Life P4012/ZTE Acqua?
Last build, not so much:
This package is for Atlas40 devices, this is a "Acqua"

During install initiialization.
If 50%+ chance, I'll try it, if 0-10%, I won't bother and I'll stick with cm-11-20140320.
Regardless, thanks.

Guest FollowWings

Thank you Master KonsTaT!! :) I'm installing it soon! Thanks for the support of our old phones! ;-)
For what Other Brands are you makeing ROMs nowadays? I'm asking it just to buy the correct one, which you are making ROMs.. :D
Cause you're making the best ones, getting the most speed out of our mobiles and the most stable & smooth ones!

Guest KonstaT

Chances of compatibility with Medion Life P4012/ZTE Acqua?
Last build, not so much:

During install initiialization.
If 50%+ chance, I'll try it, if 0-10%, I won't bother and I'll stick with cm-11-20140320.
Regardless, thanks.

Nothing changed what comes to Acqua support (you might need the compatibily patch for wifi like before).

You need to use new recovery image to install just like everybody else. You must have some really ancient recovery version (ro.product.device=Acqua) for that message to appear. No idea how you would have even gotten 20140320 build installed with that.

Thank you Master KonsTaT!! :) I'm installing it soon! Thanks for the support of our old phones! ;-)

For what Other Brands are you makeing ROMs nowadays? I'm asking it just to buy the correct one, which you are making ROMs.. :D

Cause you're making the best ones, getting the most speed out of our mobiles and the most stable & smooth ones!

I have my Moto G but I'm not maintaining any ROMs for that. I've ported Firefox OS and made some small contributions for official CM11 though. It has quite an active scene and there's already a port of every silly CM-based ROM and several custom kernels (which are all exactly alike).

Plan was to get some unpopular msm8x10 device soon so I can have all the fun for myself. ;)

Guest matisek2

Hello

Today I installed the latest version of CM11 on android 4.4.3 and I was surprised by one thing on the menu ... I saw a new icon "FM transmitter" (under calculator). I thought that when I install all apps, see if it works, but the icon has disappeared ... How to get to this FM transmitter?? I could only see that this application should be in the package com.caf.fmradio that is FM radio

post-1025584-0-64917500-1402217339_thumb

Guest KonstaT

Hello

Today I installed the latest version of CM11 on android 4.4.3 and I was surprised by one thing on the menu ... I saw a new icon "FM transmitter" (under calculator). I thought that when I install all apps, see if it works, but the icon has disappeared ... How to get to this FM transmitter?? I could only see that this application should be in the package com.caf.fmradio that is FM radio

You saw nothing! :P FM transmitter is not supported and it should be hidden (our FM chip doesn't have transmitter capabilities and even if it did, likely there still wouldn't be antenna for it). Looks like you cought it before the package was disabled like it should be.

If you want to play with it nevertheless, you can change the property in build.prop, wipe data in recovery and try the app.