[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

Guest chil360

Guest kiai72

Hello, can i use themes / xposed somehow ? i heard about HKthememanager/xthemeengine. But i can't install xposed on this ROM / Y300. xposed installer says it's not available for this type of architecture.
I'd like to have xposed anyway. 

Guest kiai72
19 hours ago, kiai72 said:

Hello, can i use themes / xposed somehow ? i heard about HKthememanager/xthemeengine. But i can't install xposed on this ROM / Y300. xposed installer says it's not available for this type of architecture.
I'd like to have xposed anyway. 

Hello, solved: i downgraded to SK 9.0 (instead of 9.1) - but i assume that's not relevant.
But i also downgraded to xposed 2.6.1 instead of 2.7. Now it works! I assume it's xposed 2.7 that caused the problem. - it's in "experimental" state until now.

Guest adeii
12 hours ago, kiai72 said:

Hello, solved: i downgraded to SK 9.0 (instead of 9.1) - but i assume that's not relevant.
But i also downgraded to xposed 2.6.1 instead of 2.7. Now it works! I assume it's xposed 2.7 that caused the problem. - it's in "experimental" state until now.

Yes, you are right. Xposed 2.7 don't work on SK, but 2.6.1 works very well. Should works on SK 9.1 CAF, also. Did you wipe cache and dalvik-cache after flashing sdk19 libraries?

• 5 weeks later...
Guest adeii

Some experiments with SlimKat 9.1 -> mega.nz

- Original device tree by chil360, with zRAM from 48MB to 128MB

- SlimRoms sourcecode for branch kk4.4-caf, with updated AOSP branch from android-4.4.4_r2 to android-4.4.4_r2.0.1

- added apps Kernel Adiutor, Total cmd, Xposed installer (sdk19, working)

1 - built SlimKat 9.1 CAF with display-legacy project: flash done, booting do something, but blackscreen.

2 - overwrite build with display-caf project files (/libs/... and /libs/hw/...): display works, ROM is just fine!

3 - add 160MB swap file with apps2sd + 128MB zRAM, ROM are not laggy! Hardware works fine, just no HW+ decoder in MX player, HW and SW decoder work.

4 - Flash ROM and than flash OpenGapps, wipe cache and dalvik-cache, reboot, ROM have lagging!

5 - Flash ROM and than flash microG (vanila installer), wipe both, reboot, ROM have minimal lag.

6 - Flash ROM with integrated, odexed OGapps, reboot, ROM have minimal lag - Yes! Bingo!

Edited by adeii

Guest adeii

7 - Overclocked CPU kernel does not work on Y300 (u8833), but it should work on G510 (u8951), if not, flash u8833 kernel or non-OC kernel, with zRAM128.

8 - Since SK9.1 use chil360's kernel branch lp5.1, the same used in SlimLP by chil360, it is nice, it has intelliplug :)

9 - OK, lets try newer kernel: kernel branch mm6.0, used in Slim6 by chil360, alright let's repack boot.img;

SlimKat 9.1 boots with Slim6 kernel zImage, RIL works, WiFi works, Camera DO NOT WORK and major problem:

both internal and external SD can not be mounted after many trying (slim6 vold, vld, setting, mount, remount...).

Although you can manually mount 2nd SD partition (ext3/ext4), ROM with Slim6 kernel is useless.

10 - So, test SlimKat 9.1 with OGapps, it is good, fast rom. I had test games like Make Hexa, Dead Ringer - Fear Yourself and they work fine!

Guest adeii

https://mega.nz/#F!cpIDyAya!zmiVZYEANW7ghPCZyEYRcQ If blackscreen is caused by proximity sensor trough and after call, add line "gsm.proximity.enable=false" to build.prop and use xposed module Disable Sensor! Leave Acceleration and Light sensor, disable only Proximity! No turn off screen during call and after!

UPDATE: No blackscreen for 2 weeks!

Edited by adeii

• 2 weeks later...
Guest adeii
18 hours ago, Gintoki98 said:

@adeii

In your opinion, is legacy better, or this modified CAF for daily use, games, and performance? (MicroG)

This mod.CAF should be better for games, performance should be same.

For daily use, legacy is better (CAF have problem uploading files via wifi)

Guest Gintoki98

@adeii
Thanks for answer.
Is that problem related to stability (wifi uploading stops in middle of it) or it has limited speed? I'm fine with 1Mb/s, if it can pull that.

Guest adeii
17 hours ago, Gintoki98 said:

@adeii
Thanks for answer.
Is that problem related to stability (wifi uploading stops in middle of it) or it has limited speed? I'm fine with 1Mb/s, if it can pull that.

not stop, wifi uploading RESTART phone.

adb via wifi and fb lite can upload files and do not reset phone.

do not need to use microG, try build with integrated OpenGapps pico (and zRAM 128MB). if use G510 build, also download Y300 kernel (128MB zRAM) maybe overclocking is not working and can not boot.

Guest Gintoki98

@adeii

Tried both MicroG and OGapps. Basicly feels the same, although I would suggest older version of Hangouts, runs better.
Also, uploading works on it too. Thanks for suggesting Gapps build, it's clear winner. This is suitable change for legacy for me, no more boxes in browser - rejoice!

No blackscreen related to idle state or anything, just due to some heavyworkload for a couble of sec. The only thing thats bothering me is that i'm not able to enable swap, even though it has different priority. Am i missing something simple here?

Guest adeii
12 hours ago, Gintoki98 said:

@adeii

Tried both MicroG and OGapps. Basicly feels the same, although I would suggest older version of Hangouts, runs better.
Also, uploading works on it too. Thanks for suggesting Gapps build, it's clear winner. This is suitable change for legacy for me, no more boxes in browser - rejoice!

No blackscreen related to idle state or anything, just due to some heavyworkload for a couble of sec. The only thing thats bothering me is that i'm not able to enable swap, even though it has different priority. Am i missing something simple here?

Good to know that! Do you have blackscreen after phone calls?!

Maybe this init.d script(s) enable swap for you: 150mbSWAPonCache.zip (wipe /cache and flash zip)  Swap-cust-60MB.zip (caution: for 60MB swap in /cust, must wipe /cust and lose operator custom files logo,rings,etc!!!) 

Guest Gintoki98

@adeii 
I didn't have any blackscreens after callls.
And thank you, that script(150MB) worked well. I got another swap file ( /dev/__), and I'm able to manipulate it in app2sd.

Battery life, due to Gplay services, is a little worse, but nothing that effects me that much.
Clash Royale works well too, tested.

Guest adeii
7 hours ago, Gintoki98 said:

@adeii 
I didn't have any blackscreens after callls.
And thank you, that script(150MB) worked well. I got another swap file ( /dev/__), and I'm able to manipulate it in app2sd.

Battery life, due to Gplay services, is a little worse, but nothing that effects me that much.
Clash Royale works well too, tested.

Thanks for review! Do you mean apps2sd (not app2sd, not the same app)? It is great app, you can turn on/off zRAM also, for testing performance. 

• 4 months later...

SlimKat 9.1 display-legacy ported for Y300 --> mega.nz

- mister wbrambley made slimkat 9.1 legacy on 30.jan.2016. for Huawei G300, thanks to him!

- I use the latest chil360' slimkat 9.0 legacy for Y300 as base and overwrite app/frameworks/media/priv-app from 9.1 legacy.

- Changes between G300 and Y300 are in audio driver, audio policy and bluetooth driver (and maybe kernel)

- Now, we got fully woking SlimKat 9.1 legacy for G510/Y300 (G330 user should use audio_policy.msm7x27a and audio_primary.msm7x27a from G300 build).

- ONLY bug is that bluetooth can not be turned on only on the first boot. After restart all works normally.

- additions: proximity sensor and media scanner are disabled, 128 MB cache and fstrim are added, busybox is updated.

Edited by adeii

Guest DeSTRxL
I'm trying the rom and I did not have the bluetooth problem but i have one with whatsapp, i can not listen to the audio in the ear. I enabled the gsm.proximity.enable string but it does not go too far

Guest Takamoto

@adeii this is better then latest chil's legacy? (If yes,in what)

Anyway you are the only one at this time with necessary knowledge (and volition) for to continue to support this phone.

Thank you!!

Guest DeSTRxL

I've tried it for 3 days and i have to say that it's really good, probably slightly better on the performance 9.0 , i did not have any problem excecpt whatsapp audio but it not relevant

Thanks again Adeii!

Guest Kiodo1981
On 26/8/2017 at 0:43 PM, adeii said:

SlimKat 9.1 display-legacy ported for Y300 --> mega.nz

- mister wbrambley made slimkat 9.1 legacy on 30.jan.2016. for Huawei G300, thanks to him!

- I use the latest chil360' slimkat 9.0 legacy for Y300 as base and overwrite app/frameworks/media/priv-app from 9.1 legacy.

- Changes between G300 and Y300 are in audio driver, audio policy and bluetooth driver (and maybe kernel)

- Now, we got fully woking SlimKat 9.1 legacy for G510/Y300 (G330 user should use audio_policy.msm7x27a and audio_primary.msm7x27a from G300 build).

- ONLY bug is that bluetooth can not be turned on only on the first boot. After restart all works normally.

- additions: proximity sensor and media scanner are disabled, 128 MB cache and fstrim are added, busybox is updated.

Can you build G510 ROM, please?

Thanks.

G510 have NFC.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/26/2017 at 3:34 PM, DeSTRxL said:

I'm trying the rom and I did not have the bluetooth problem but i have one with whatsapp, i can not listen to the audio in the ear. I enabled the gsm.proximity.enable string but it does not go too far

Hi and sorry for late answer. To re-enable proximity, you need to delete file /system/etc/init.d/98-disable-sensor and reboot. After reboot be sure that file /dev/proximity have no 000 file permissions, but exp. 755.

On 29.8.2017. at 9:05 PM, Kiodo1981 said:

Can you build G510 ROM, please?

Thanks.

G510 have NFC.

Yes, can be done soon. Just using slimkat u8951 9.0 legacy as base, in stead of u8833.

UPDATE:

G330 and G510 builds are done and uploaded at mega.nz

G510 users - all working for now, but NFC tagging.

G330 users - all should work, there are hardware diff in audio and RIL, so I can not test them on Y300 (no RIL and no audio at mine)

Edited by adeii
new builds

Guest Kiodo1981
18 hours ago, adeii said:

Yes, can be done soon. Just using slimkat u8951 9.0 legacy as base, in stead of u8833.

UPDATE:

G330 and G510 builds are done and uploaded at mega.nz

G510 users - all working for now, you can NFC options, but I can not test them on Y300

G330 users - all should work, there are hardware diff in audio and RIL, so I can not test them on Y300 (no RIL and no audio at mine)

Thanks.

I'm going to try it right now and I will let you know.

EDIT: NFC seems to work but it doesn't read NFC tag. I tried several apps.

Edited by Kiodo1981
NFC

On 13.9.2017. at 10:09 AM, Kiodo1981 said:

Thanks.

I'm going to try it right now and I will let you know.

EDIT: NFC seems to work but it doesn't read NFC tag. I tried several apps.

I guess it is for ported rom from G300 to G510. G300 device tree do not have NFC drivers/firmware to load.  Do you have NFC tagging problem with SlimKat 9.0 legacy, SlimKat 9.1 CAF for G510?

At the first, bluetooth also didn't work, because g510/y300 load driver from /system/lib/libbt-vendor.so and g330 load from /system/vendor/lib/libbt-vendor.so, and overwriting g510/y300 *.so to /vendor/lib/ make BT works.

Maybe NFC *.so from /system/lib/ (libnfc*.so ) need to be copied to /system/vendor/lib/ to work.

If not, slimkat 9.1 legacy for g510 had to be built, but I have no time to do it....

On 12/9/2017 at 4:53 PM, adeii said:

Hi and sorry for late answer. To re-enable proximity, you need to delete file /system/etc/init.d/98-disable-sensor and reboot. After reboot be sure that file /dev/proximity have no 000 file permissions, but exp. 755.

Thanks bro! Wich responds with 4.4.4 and other versions. Instagram camera does not go, the screen is completely black and i tried everything but nothing