Coolpad F1 8297w

Guest bryfly

Guest dakok

That sounds interesting. I found another post at coolpad forum that explains why there is no activity there regarding new official rom releases. The poster said that developers are preparing 4.4 release. Probably just a wishful thinking...:D

Guest dakok

They do not talk about Coolpad name renaming.

They want to change the name of the Great God series:

Models:

Great God - 9976A

Great God F1 - 8297

Great God Note - 8670 - this one is a very cheap 5.5 incher but only in TDSCDMA version for now

Great God 1S - 9976T

Note and 1S look familiar, don't they ;)

Edited by dakok

Guest h3dshot

Does anyone know how to change the camera recording quality on stock rom? all the video's i upload to whatsapp are corrupted due to over compression apparently. So lowering the quality should solve this problem, but i cant seem to find any options to lower resolution or anything along those lines.

any ideas?

Guest Robi4ok

Emjot's MIUI is very nice. Thanks him a lot.

@dakok

Tomorrow i want to try lite 0.29 version. Can you say the way of flashing and which tools to use. Is there any thing i should pay attention?

In this topic you asked about porting 015 versions multilanguage to lite 0.29 version, so is there any chance? 

Edited by Robi4ok

Guest h3dshot

MIUI v04a is out. Removed MTKTweak and updated WSMTools. Apart from this everything as with v04.

What works and doesn't work on it?

Guest dakok

Emjot's MIUI is very nice. Thanks to him a lot.

@dakok

Tomorrow i want to try lite 0.29 version. Can you say the way of flashing and which tools to use. Is there any thing i should pay attention?

In this topic you asked about porting 015 versions multilanguage to lite 0.29 version, so is there any chance? 

You have a short guide in the other F1 topic

Just ckick on the spoiler :)

If you need more details, I'll try to help you..

@ others

Two Chhina developers are releasing F1 MIUI roms for TDSCDMA version

I found a patch that converts those roms to our WCDMA

Take care,I didn't test it...

Guest pletko

Erm... A strange question i guess... My phone doesn't seem to recognize +38595 for instance as 095 number and hence doesn't show the name when the phone rings. It just shows the name with numbers stored in +38595 format. However, the same number appears in call log just fine

Edited by pletko

Guest pletko

solved it but doesn't seem like a permanent solution. looks more like putting put fire than solving the issue... none of the other roms seem to have this problem. none that i've tried anyway. and i've tried lots on my sgs, sgsII, some huawei crap, inew v3... never ran into an issue like this... 

emjot, can this be resolved in the next version?

Guest Maringer

I also have the issue where caller ID isn't shown, just the number. Not too much of an issue as I don't receive too many calls, but I'll change the formatting of the numbers to see how that works out for me.

Guest Robi4ok

You have a short guide in the other F1 topic

Just ckick on the spoiler :)

If you need more details, I'll try to help you..

Can you post some screenshots of that ROM?

1) What about translation? If you choose English it shows 100% in English or still somethings in Chinese?

2) Can i make OTA upate to latest versions just with system update?

Edited by Robi4ok

Guest dakok

Can you post some screenshots of that ROM?

1) What about translation? If you choose English it shows 100% in English or still somethings in Chinese?

2) Can i make OTA upate to latest versions just with system update?

Make a nandroid backup of your present rom and then flash this one, you won't regret it. I promise. :)

Everything is in English after you remove Chinese apps as I described already. Sometimes, but only once in few days, there is a notification in Chinese in notif. bar - coming from system app - CoolShow, which I didn't want to remove.

OTA won't work since the rom is rooted.

Google apps are fine, syncing works fine

Edited by dakok

Guest Robi4ok

I've flashed lite 029 version, and suddenly i recognize that i miss CoolLife UI :D

Using it for some hours.

Advantages:

- as dakok said "excellent and fluid List View animations"

- almost no Chinese apps :) (they have icon but not installed, just remove them)

- ROM is fast

- Rooted

- Gaaps and watsapp are fine working

- Photos and camera is working (but in dakok's phone they didn't work)

Found a bug... when i want to enter Data usage it crashs (Unfortunatele, Settings has crash)

Guest StratosGK

Hi guys, i am new here and i just received my F1.
I installed Miui V5 from Emjot and everything is fine except that the phone is getting hot. I dont know if you have the same problem.

Guest StratosGK

yep, it does get hot with all roms I think, especially if you use camera a lot 

So you got the "problem" too?

Do we know the temp limit before it goes off? I used my infared thermometer and it seems that after an hour of use with Wi-Fi on, the top of the phone reaches 41°C and at the bottom 34°C.