Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

Guest matejsolid

I havent been up with modding community of Coolpad,is there any rom I should try ( month and half on laek.17 v4 ) so far so good,but baterry life could be better...

I saw laek.17 repack with older kernel,is battery really better ?

Guest korekore1

issue with the screen

It happened to me 3 times,all of them on a310 related roms (maybe it was coincidence).

Vertical lines started to slowly appear on the screen and then the phone froze and nothing responded,not even the power button.

I pulled off the battery and put it on again but the phone was as if it was out of battery,but the battery all of the times was between 23-13% .

I tried to turn it on,but no luck.I had to connect it to the charger,leave it a few minutes and then it was able to power on again.

The battery showed the percentage that the phone had before the freeze.Like 23-13%.

I had seen another user here with the same issue some time ago.

I wonder if this is :

1) a faulty battery issue

2) a de-calibrated battery issue

3) an a310 issue

4) a charger issue or

5) a faulty phone issue

I have been charging the device with a variety of chargers laying around in my house.Most of the times not the one that came with coolpad.

Any ideas??

Edited by korekore1

One time i charged the coolpad with other charger and the screen starts to get crazy, i recommend you that only charge the smartphone with the coolpad charger and its works well.

Guest korekore1

One time i charged the coolpad with other charger and the screen starts to get crazy, i recommend you that only charge the smartphone with the coolpad charger and its works well.

with crazy you mean that when you touched the screen the touches were crazy or you had the screen frozen with vertical lines?Because the weird touch behavior while charging is a common issue among many phones,it doesn't concern me because i know its the charger/cable to blame.

But the freeze thing is a serious issue

Edited by korekore1

Can't see why using any USB charger would cause problems with the screen!

Assuming of course it's of good quality and same or higher amp rating as the original Coolpad one.

Guest jakethedooggg

Latest Mlais rom works fine, no bugs at all, well with gravity box I can't see brightness and screen rotation tiles in quick settings. But not relevant.

@korekore

Lot of A310 users reported bad battery behavior and I think that's the charge/discharge algorhytm in a310 rom is to blame.

Voltage drops lower than it should and it shows in screen going crazy. 20% is probably wrong reading...

I have just received a message that the production of the CoolPad F1 has stopped. Can anyone confirm this?

I can confirm that you post a message about receiving a message. :)

Guest Mr.Markos

Haha lol I could have formulated it better ;)

But Banggood told me Coolpad stopped with producing the Coolpad F1. Does someone know something about this?

Edited by Mr.Markos

Guest Maringer

Quite possibly, the new Mediatek chips containing Octa-A53s (or Snapdragon Octa-A53s) are now coming onto the market? I see that the Oppo R5 has just been announced containing the Snapdragon 615.

All being equal (screen, similar phone chassis etc.), it wouldn't surprise me if Coolpad preferred to sell a 'F1.5' at a higher price featuring a phone of similar dimensions and specs but containing one of these new chips + LTE support.

I have to admit, I'd be tempted to buy such a phone as the Cortex-A53 ought to give a good boost in performance over the Cortex-A7 in the F1!

Edited by Maringer

Guest Raulz0r

Haha lol I could have formulated it better ;)

But Banggood told me Coolpad stopped with producing the Coolpad F1. Does someone know something about this?

Someone from b2cbuying.com told me the same thing about a week ago. 

with crazy you mean that when you touched the screen the touches were crazy or you had the screen frozen with vertical lines?Because the weird touch behavior while charging is a common issue among many phones,it doesn't concern me because i know its the charger/cable to blame.

But the freeze thing is a serious issue

vertical lines and other things such light leake...

Quite possibly, the new Mediatek chips containing Octa-A53s (or Snapdragon Octa-A53s) are now coming onto the market? I see that the Oppo R5 has just been announced containing the Snapdragon 615.

All being equal (screen, similar phone chassis etc.), it wouldn't surprise me if Coolpad preferred to sell a 'F1.5' at a higher price featuring a phone of similar dimensions and specs but containing one of these new chips + LTE support.

I have to admit, I'd be tempted to buy such a phone as the Cortex-A53 ought to give a good boost in performance over the Cortex-A7 in the F1!

Me too, but I'm not so enthusiastic after finding that Snapdragon 615 reaches ~27000 in Antutu 5 and has ~6200 in 3D (which is similar to F1 KK results; JB hits 8000),

which is not bad but it could be worse than MTK6592.

Anyone knows better about SD 615 vs MTK6592?

Edited by dakok

Guest codecex

I havent been up with modding community of Coolpad,is there any rom I should try ( month and half on laek.17 v4 ) so far so good,but baterry life could be better...

I saw laek.17 repack with older kernel,is battery really better ?

Hi man, i've seen that you had some problems with notifications,

Please, can you tell me how to fix them?

I tried a lot of roms and i dont receive notifications when i am on wifi.

Thanks in advance