Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

Guest jakethedooggg

I just noticed that in the gaming AOSP, when you open a heavy app, or game, the phone makes a sound like the camera is focusing. Weird...

I hope I'm not the only one and if there's a new version please put it here! thanks :D

Guest userDJJ
sumitstephen

Install this

cwm i am using
read manuals on needrom site, then use tool above (recovery update)

3d 9144?  :o

Hjthzz from movilesdualsim is publishing a revised version of jonzalvo's aosp with coolpad's camera and all latest jb drivers and kernel, 4.2.2 revival today!  :D

Looking forward to see it.

Any link ?

---

rom

http://www.modaco.com/topic/372543-coolpad-f1-8297w-review-info-software-custom-roms/page-183#entry2243773

Looks like network part of this rom is the same as on android 4.4 (i haven't seen 3g service on any other 4.2.2) .The same applies to clock.

Nvram warning err 0x10 still present :P . 

Antutu 5.2

overall core: 32010

3d score: 9149

shot_000001.jpg

shot_000002.jpg
Edited by userDJJ

Hello fellow F1ers,

I'm currently on AOSP 2.0 by Jonzalvo.

Is this still the best/most stable ROM to use for the phone?

Thx.

I have switched from AOSP 2.0 by Jonzalvo on this ROM : Infocus maucat https://yadi.sk/d/OB18XOpWdKRM3

and i would recommend it to everyone...camera is EXCELLENT!!!, very fast, working GPS, i have not found any bugs...it is a great ROM!

Guest KennyPowers2000

Might give it a go, thx.

Is it in english, or does it still have Chinese apps etc?

I guess is just a case of putting the zip onto main directory, booting into cwm, wiping the caches and installing the zip?

Cheers.

The Rom is multilingual (with english ofc.), there is not a single chinese app, and everything is translated.

Yes, you flash it in cwm recovery...give it a try, this ROM certainly deserves it.

Guest apple2005

@dakok

Hi, hope everything is fine there. I want to buy this phone for my daughter. There are two versions available. One is Qualcom and another is mtk. Which one is better? And where it is available for cheap?Thanks in advance.

Edited by apple2005

The Rom is multilingual (with english ofc.), there is not a single chinese app, and everything is translated.

Yes, you flash it in cwm recovery...give it a try, this ROM certainly deserves it.

Is this rom root? Has gapps? Thank you.

Guest KennyPowers2000

Might give it a go, thx.

Is it in english, or does it still have Chinese apps etc?

I guess is just a case of putting the zip onto main directory, booting into cwm, wiping the caches and installing the zip?

Cheers.

Just flashed it, seems all good (very Apple iOS like!)

I forgot to backup some notes I made with the notepad app. Doh!

(the built-in Weather app that is alwaysrunning in the background not so go though  :()

Edited by KennyPowers2000

Does it have Xposed and Gravitybox?

Guest sumitstephen

Guys anyone working with app like setcpu? Together we can create perfect profiles for better battery life and nice performance..

i confirm....i have successfully increased my battery back-up by 25-30 Percent. 

Is this rom root? Has gapps? Thank you.

Yes,

I use AOSP maucat and it's very good ,it is KK and camera is much better than Leak4 ,gps to find in 4s .Gravity box and xposed work ,and in infocus gravity box not working

Edited by rista1

Guest sumitstephen

Latest MIUI (needs 3G patch)

Baidu 062 by Liutao (needs 3G patch)

A fresh MIUI release (v6 style):

Nice CPB flashing guide

Customised 023 KitKat is out

LewaOS 6 WCDMA 

MyUI 051 

YunOS 3.0.2 049 KitKat 

214009dffmce3um39ff1w8.jpg

... and the last one for today is InFocus 4.4 rom port (AOSP)

Download (wcdma)

223303jzoegfefj8fjj7j7.png.thumb.jpg

How do you guys download rom from these chinese sites.... i translated the pages but they ask for registration for download..... i was trying to download Lewa Os from your link....

Yes,

I use AOSP maucat and it's very good ,it is KK and camera is much better than Leak4 ,gps to find in 4s .Gravity box and xposed work ,and in infocus gravity box not working

So you've tried both and AOSP is better than InFocus? Were there any other reasons apart from GravityBox that InFocus wasn't as good?

I was just about to try it, so I guess I'll try AOSP now :)