Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

Guest corvettec3

If you installed with custom recovery (cwm or twrp) you must install 4.4 root kinguser zip. If you have stock recovery on your phone, you must install official root.zip

so I go in recovery cwm, I choose reboot now, in menu "root access is missing. Root device? This can be undone." can I choose yes to install 4.4kinguser ?

Guest corvettec3

Go to CWM (volume+ and power button at same time) choose install zip from SD card, and choose 4.4 root kinguser.zip what you copied before to Sd card.

as I wrote, I have already done it, but If I choose "install zip from sd card" I have 3 options: 0/ , legacy/ , obb/ ; I tried all 3 options but there isn't zip file that I copied on sd card. With 0/ I see all folders on phone

Edited by corvettec3

Guest corvettec3

Ok. Copy the zip to phone storage root, and choose it from there. I dont know why, but cwm dosent see your sd card. It is a cwm setup problem I think.

cwm reads memories reversed . I put zip in phone storage but when I go in "install from sd card" I see zip file. I downloaded cwm 6.0.5.0 from needrom .

I think that is better don't replace custom with stock recovery. 

Edited by corvettec3

Guest matejsolid

The Nexus ROM from Needrom?

What's wrong with it?

Nah I'm accustomed to laek.17 and this UI with outlines,settings UI simply I dont like it...

Also doesnt come with music app,camera stock app is compared to laek.17...

Guest borsosg

If I remember good dakok shared a link a few weeks ago, + you can download TWRP 2.7.0 from needrom. I tried it, but I had problems with it: sometimes it didn't see my SD card. So I was back to 2.6.0 version. It works perfect.

Guest yungwizzy

If I remember good dakok shared a link a few weeks ago, + you can download TWRP 2.7.0 from needrom. I tried it, but I had problems with it: sometimes it didn't see my SD card. So I was back to 2.6.0 version. It works perfect.

could u upload d 2.6.0 on drop box?

Guest HarlemOrange

So I am doing YGDP right now as Dakok said, currently at the point cell 0 completed.

What now? It doesn´t look like it is doing something.

Last message from the log:

The download screen dump has been saved at: C:\...\YGDP\DownloadScrrenDump\2014-10-128297_SUCCEED_CELL0_16.44.50.rtf

Help will be appreciated!

Ignore the above, it was just completed.

Edited by HarlemOrange

I've done many tests trying to enable OTG (including powered USB HUB that provided power to both phone (connected via OTG cable) & USB devices).

Nothing worked - I saw only charging events in kernel logs, nothing about connecting devices, also no changes in /sys/ tree (besides battery/charger events and stats).

I think there's no possibility to enable OTG (at least on available kernels).

Guest HarlemOrange

So I am now on 4.4.027.

Is there a way to root it with something different than Kinguser?

I assume I can install GAPPS and CWM using MobileUncletool?

Guest mixanikosgr

cwm reads memories reversed . I put zip in phone storage but when I go in "install from sd card" I see zip file. I downloaded cwm 6.0.5.0 from needrom .

I think that is better don't replace custom with stock recovery. 

in my phone cwm 6.0.5.0 reads the ext sd card correct not revesed. I installed oficial with the custom recovery replaced many times but i had no problem. The ext sd was read ok always.. An old trick, when booting into recovery, a reboot recovery is needed to read the ext sd correct, check it.

@ HarlemOrange : Are you with oficial or custom recovery?

Edited by mixanikosgr