Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

I heard about that from another source too - it has to be low battery and it reports more power than it really has...

what rom did you have at that time?CoolUI official?

Just to be clear mine was on the stock CoolUI ROM (JB 015 or something like that?) that it came preinstalled with from AliExpress/Eternal Team and not a custom ROM (and certainly not the Micromax one).

Edited by dalyer

Guest korekore1

A310 battery issue update:

After calibrating the battery with battery calibration app https://play.google.com/st...ibration&hl=el the phone switched off normally at 0% at 3400mV without any issues like vertical lines and freezes.

battery lasted 7h30m with 6h30m-7h screen time (browsing,games,music,youtube,3g,wifi). Quite awesome.

I think it is not a310 that has battery issues (dalyer also confirmed the same issues with official coolUI)

I think some (or all) batteries arrive with a calibration problem,or they need some special charging pattern for the first charges.Or that we totally confused batterystats.bin with all the rom switching.

Anyway,whoever wanna prove or disprove what i say should download the app,follow the instructions and give feedback.

I think my battery behavior is excellent after the calibration.

I used the recent indonesian a310 rom for the test

Edited by korekore1

Guest jakethedooggg

Afaik the battery should get like 4:30h max screen time, more or less... 6 or 7 woah, how? as Dakok say it's not normal at all... will battery of all the a310 die sooner cause of that?

Guest martinoff

Honestly that rom must have being compiled from a stupid child, how the f@.. can you make a AOSP running at 1.2G with nothing loaded

I think the warning and error was running like he'll in console when they compile it lol

Edited by martinoff

Guest korekore1

Afaik the battery should get like 4:30h max screen time, more or less... 6 or 7 woah, how? as Dakok say it's not normal at all... will battery of all the a310 die sooner cause of that?

i don't know,don't forget that a310 is not a custom rom,its the rom that micromax officially sells the phone with.Or am i wrong?

Guest jakethedooggg

i don't know,don't forget that a310 is not a custom rom,its the rom that micromax officially sells the phone with.Or am i wrong?

Yes, you're right, but the battery issues (+6h screen?).

Guest korekore1

Yes, you're right, but the battery issues (+6h screen?).

i don't know.This thing about 3400mV being a bad idea about closing the phone where does it come from?Is this a rule that this phone has to have the cutoff at 3600?I would like to read something official about it.

Guest jakethedooggg

i don't know.This thing about 3400mV being a bad idea about closing the phone where does it come from?Is this a rule that this phone has to have the cutoff at 3600?I would like to read something official about it.

I don't know too :O tho I haven't tried any a310 rom yet... I must. Now I'm using latest Mlais 4.4.3, these are the battery stats @ 15%:

I would like to have them at 50% at least but...

post-1044559-14146291725049_thumb.png

post-1044559-14146291813749_thumb.png

Edited by jakethedooggg

Guest Maringer

Deep discharge (or even full charging) of Li-Ion/Li-Polymer batteries is not a good idea for longevity as it breaks down the structure of the battery much more quickly. This is why battery controllers tend to shut down the device long before the battery is completely drained. In theory, the batteries could last a lot longer, but it might reduce the effective lifetime of the battery to a fraction of the normal time.

Here's some blurb about voltage and discharge:

https://learn.adafruit.com/li-ion-and-lipoly-batteries/voltages

I'm not sure at which voltages Coolpad designed their battery controller to cut off, but it may be that 3.4V isn't too low?

Do other ROMs definitely cut off at 3.6V? This seems a bit low for a battery with a nominal voltage of 3.7V.

Guest elaadhn

Would you mind posting the battery stats for this 6-7 Hours screen time? 

Best i'm getting is 5 Hours. 

With so many roms available for this phone, you would expect someone would solve the unreasonable WIFI and cell-standby consumption... this is the only phone I know that actually uses more power on wifi than on 3G. 

Guest martinoff

if you open your coolpad and take a look to battery (i just did) you will see that our battery voltage is

charging voltage or nomimal voltage of battery at 3.8V

max voltage cut off at 4.35V

now if you do a little reserach on google you will see that the nomimal voltage is also the voltage where your buttery must spend the most life

from the links you will see also that the lower cut off must be somewhere to 3.6V

well i just learn something from a stupid kid from micromax. Thanky for that

Capture.PNG

As a disclaimer and a warning, the specifications of the battery manufacturer should always be followed, and generally speaking, they say 3.0V.  In fact, most chargers will refuse to operate if the static cell voltage is less than that.

The operating voltage at the load depends on the current being drawn and the rating of the battery.  Much depends on your "C" rating, or the current multiplier.  The higher the "C", the lower the internal resistance, and the higher the voltage at the load.  Only the continuous "C" spec matters -  forget about the "surge" rating, which is meaningless.

You need to figure out where your discharge plateau voltage is.  You can measure it, if you have a dummy load or an outstanding static test stand for your copter.  You'll notice that the cell voltage drops immediately on the application of load, hovers around some figure between 3.7V and 3.3V for a long time, and then falls like a rock.  Or, if you're lucky, the manufacturer will be able to supply a discharge curve graph something akin to this one:

It's clear that the "plateau" voltage is dependent upon discharge rate.  What this graph can't show is the fact that once you reach the "knee" in the curve at the right, the voltage drops very quickly.  In other words, what it doesn't tell you (and frankly, nobody could without empirical testing) is what voltage threshold will give you enough time to "fly home".  Each pack and copter will have different results.  Even YOUR copter will be different, depending on, for example, if you're carrying a payload or not.

I'm certain someone could come up with a battery "fuel" gauge mechanism like the one in your laptop or smart phone, but it would have to be comparatively complex to account for all the various hardware, load, and flight dynamic variations it's likely to encounter.  For now, you have some data gathering to do.

P.S. Or just do what Dean said and play around with it.

edit: the graph are from a battery with nomimal volatage at 3.3 so for our coolpad you must replace the numbers and see for yourself :P

our battery is also 2500mA

if you like that rom, use it but for sake put a charger in at 50% of battery :P

Edited by martinoff

The more I use CoolUI the more I like it.

I found only two things that bother me.

One is occasional advertising that shows

in notification window and the other is clumsy

caller UI.  

Guest korekore1

you know what?As i closely monitored the discharge of the battery i noticed this:

The battery (after the calibration) reached to 1% at 3.6v not 3.4v. It stayed at 1% for 45 minutes (with music playing from the player) till the battery shutoff. Then and ONLY THEN the battery dropped from 3.6 to 3.4 .Its like the company put an extra battery backup on 1% .

So the conclusion is:If you are worried about the battery reaching 3.4 you switch off the phone at 2%-1% of battery,it is still at 3.6! If you don't care about that (or if you are in a situation where you absolutely need the phone to be on) you can leave it to completely discharge till 3.4 and pocket an extra 30m to 1h of extra battery life.

You have a choice!

Edited by korekore1

caller UI.

wich version dakok?? do you try 4.4 from ATX??

Guest martinoff

caller UI.  

well, now i'm playing with my other toy Oneplus and just put the jonzalvo's 4,2 rom back and i just remember how good this rom is  :wub: 

thnks to airpone for the camera patches too  :D

Sorry guys, didn't mention it, I was talking about CoolUI 041 which is android 4.2

Now for some tech info regarding battery:

BM-S23-Fig1-300x287.jpgLi_Ion_DiscTGph.JPG

There is huge difference between battery capacity reading at, let's say, 3.4 and 3.6 volts.

After discharged to about 3.4V it falls down to zero very very fast.

Interesting thing is that the real discharge at 3.6V is only about 50% capacity!

Curves depend on battery temperature too...

Anyway, your battery life will be strongly influenced by setting discharging cut-off voltage to 3.4V.

I think that now we know why 3.6 limit is set. :)

Edited by dakok

i tried many times but i cant set to send and recieve MMS on coolui 4.2.. i know, who still use MMS when you have Viber or Whatsupp, but just that thing i cant set to work it is freaking me out.. i speak about Croatian Vip net.. if some of you know how to fix it, please write me in inbox or here.. thx..

edit.. sorry for my kamikaze english.. :D :D

Edited by Guest

Guest korekore1

Sorry guys, didn't mention it, I was talking about CoolUI 041 which is android 4.2

Now for some tech info regarding battery:

BM-S23-Fig1-300x287.jpgLi_Ion_DiscTGph.JPG

There is huge difference between battery capacity reading at, let's say, 3.4 and 3.6 volts.

After discharged to about 3.4V it falls down to zero very very fast.

Interesting thing is that the real discharge at 3.6V is only about 50% capacity!

Curves depend on battery temperature too...

I think that now we know why 3.6 limit is set. :)

the tests i did showed that the phone discharged from 100% to 1% with the V going from 4335mV (100%) to 3.600mV (1%) .When the battery reached 1% then it began to fall from 3.600mV to 3.400mV (at 3.400 it powered off) .

So the battery is actually discharging in a very safe way till 1% at 3.6V as a bottom value,and then from 1% to 0% it slowly moves from 3.6 to 3.4

So if anyone is concerned about doing damage to his battery if it reaches 3.4v you don't have too.Just switch off the phone at 1% battery or enjoy some more juice till it reaches 3.4V..!

This is all i can explain,things are actually very simple!

Edited by korekore1

It is simple but things are more complicated. :)

I've been looking at many graphs today and 3.4V means that battery is drained to 

0-10% remaining capacity.

With that much draining you won't have a rich cycle life:

Baterije_Ciklusi.jpg

Instead of 1000 cycles you will make only 400. And thats only part of the problem.

Your cycles won't be 0-100% but 0-70% of nominal capacity (2500mAh) after a year or so.

Ciklusi_kapacitet.jpg

But you can forget everything mentioned if you will replace phone in 10-12 months :D

Oh, one more thing!

As already mentioned I look at many graphs and articles today and max charging voltage doesn't go above 4.2V.

How the heck you have 4.335V!!!

I didn't check my phone yet. It seems waaay too much and over the top which is really bad for battery...

Edited by dakok