Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

Guest Arpione

Ah, in that case you could try putting whatever you want to use into a folder called Notifications on your sd card or internal memory (if it doesn't exist just create it).

Edited by Arpione

Guest grasuxxl

Ah, in that case you could try putting whatever you want to use into a folder called Notifications on your sd card or internal memory (if it doesn't exist just create it).

I will try that

Go to system settings / application manager / all

Select media storage application and click on clear defaults

Ok i will try that too...i am spanish language...Which is that app exactlly?An image to know in spanish...Thanks a lot!

Guest siliconarm

I will try that

Ok i will try that too...i am spanish language...Which is that app exactlly?An image to know in spanish...Thanks a lot!

Them:

Ajustes de sistema / aplicaciones / todas

Media storage (always in english)

Is an standard system app that search media content on your phone

post-1048136-14148644473921_thumb.png

Guest grasuxxl

Thanks very much!Can you put that photo but in the other menu.Press back and do that to can se the app in all the apps context.

Ok,i think i found it!I will try it and comment here.Thanks.

By the way this will solve it or it is an attempt?

Edited by grasuxxl

Guest valkrie4

Hi.. I tried to download from Baidu, but it always stops in the middle ( 90% - 95 % ) happens in every file, I use IDM, orbit ( page 1 method )...
and says "Authorization Required"  when i to try resume it..
any advice..?

Guest grasuxxl

BRAVOOOOO!!We solve it!!!!Thanks a lot!!Thanks thanks!!

But now we have another question.It keep pop up an update to the system and download it.Restart but keep give an error in recovery.How could solve that?

And second problem...how to put my own image to the lock screen?!

Edited by grasuxxl

Guest siliconarm

Seems you have an unofficial multilang rom so you can't use OTA update. Disable update notifications in Ajustes del sistema / acerca del teléfono / System update settings

Change lock screen in photos app, select an image / more / set picture as / keyguard

Extra tip:

Data usage option crash but you can see it creating a desktop shortcut

Edited by siliconarm

Guest slime00

Guest grasuxxl

Seems you have an unofficial multilang rom so you can't use OTA update. Disable update notifications in Ajustes del sistema / acerca del teléfono / System update settings

Change lock screen in photos app, select an image / more / set picture as / keyguard

Extra tip:

Data usage option crash but you can see it creating a desktop shortcut (nedeed a launcher that allow system shortcuts like Nova launcher)

Thanks a lot!

Is this ported or made for f1?

If you remember I posted link about poll for Yunos 3

phone models selection.

It would be great if Yunos will develop f1 rom since it might be the only original 4.4 rom for our phone besides coolui, himax and micromax

As we already discussed it, Coolpad might stop the production of F1 model.

It seems to be true since I was reading last night about new models emerging this month.

One of those is F1 LTE.

I don't have the source link, sorry.

So the story about the end of production might be true and new F1 will probably be similar to our model.

I hope that it's OS will be usable, too.

Edited by dakok

Guest martinoff

It seems to be true since I was reading last night about new models emerging this month.

One of those is F1 LTE.

So the story about the end of production might be true and new F1 will probably be similar to our model.

But MT6592 isn't LTE or I'm wrong?

Guest slime00

One of those is F1 LTE.

if it's based on mt6592, then it could be possible. But if it's some of those low-end snapdragon, like announced some months ago (snapdragon 410 If I remember right), even if it's similar it's like being totally different!

But MT6592 isn't LTE or I'm wrong?

it's possible to add a modem and make it lte, like lenovo a8.

Edited by slime00

Yes, it is advertised as MT6592 + MT6... (this is LTE modem)

Regarding Yunos 3.0, it is very fresh OS version and only 3-4 phones are supported by now.

One of these is ZOPO 9532, better known as ZP998 in Europe.

Regarding models poll for 3.0 development at Yunos forum, it goes like this:

3300 participants voted 

Nubia Z7 mini          23%

Nubia Z7                  15%

One Plus One          13%

Huawei Honor 6       11%

Huawei 3C                 9%

Coolpad F1                8%

I tried to register there but it won't go :)

For those who don't know, Yunos is propelled by AliSPAM (sorry, modaco blocks the Alibabba name) and I think that this new OS

has a good perspective (and money behind its back :))

Edited by dakok

Guest mixanikosgr

I tried this rom

GiONEE4.4_Coolpad-8297W_4.10.31.by lzy.zip

found here (pass zbrn)

http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=634288773&uk=1110166341#path=%252F%25E9%2585%25B7%25E6%25B4%25BE%25E5%25A4%25A7%25E7%25A5%259EF1%25E8%2581%2594%25E9%2580%259A%25E7%2589%2588-8297w%25E7%25AC%25AC%25E4%25B8%2589%25E6%2596%25B9ROM%25E6%25B1%2587%25E6%2580%25BB

34ziwax.png2wp0xsh.png258a15k.png
xoplef.png2b759c.png29qm55l.png

it has spectacular sound (better than any other rom), but the incoming call crashes and you can't answer. When you make a call everything is OK.

Have anyone lese tried it?

Is there a known fix to this problem from other rom maybe?

Edited by mixanikosgr

Guest korekore1

I tried this rom

GiONEE4.4_Coolpad-8297W_4.10.31.by lzy.zip

found here (pass zbrn)

http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=634288773&uk=1110166341#path=%252F%25E9%2585%25B7%25E6%25B4%25BE%25E5%25A4%25A7%25E7%25A5%259EF1%25E8%2581%2594%25E9%2580%259A%25E7%2589%2588-8297w%25E7%25AC%25AC%25E4%25B8%2589%25E6%2596%25B9ROM%25E6%25B1%2587%25E6%2580%25BB

34ziwax.png2wp0xsh.png258a15k.png

xoplef.png2b759c.png29qm55l.png

it has spectacular sound (better than any other rom), but the incoming call crashes and you can't answer. When you make a call everything is OK.

Have anyone lese tried it?

Is there a known fix to this problem from other rom maybe?

maybe deleting phone app's cache and then reboot to recovery and wipe cache/dalvik?It works with some bugs..

Guest pestpony

Hi there!

I have installed the last Coolui 4.4.2 (4.4.019.P0.141028.8297W.CPB): http://pan.baidu.com/share/home?uk=51931371#category/type=0.

And I have rooted using the YGDP way: changing the recovery.img and then flashing 4.4Root_Kinguser.zip.

The rom is really amazing:

• Autobrightness problem has been resolved: is less brilliant and the transition is very soft.
  • The problem of choosing different tones for notifications in Whatsapp and Gmail has been resolved (problem was in 036, 039 and 041. Always was Default Tone).
  • The camera respects the real colors: in last JB editions was slightly different. It was fine only in 015.
  • Missing calls have blue led...
  • There is an option to use led in 3rd apps (WeChat and QQ, it says), but it doesn't work, at least, with Whatsapp and Gmail.

There is one problem:

• If you choose to be located for google apps or whatever, there is no option to choose between GPS and Wifi-Network. GPS will be always on. I hope this issue will be solved in next editions.
  • There is not multilanguage option, but you can use morelocale2.apk and google keyboard.

Battery life: it's ok, perhaps not as good as it is in JB, but there is only a very little difference. And it is only an impression.

If I have more time, I will upload some screenshots.

Have a nice day!

Guest gordito

@pestpony

I need some info so i can try as well

1) Did you use YGDP to flash?

2) Did you include gapps? Which file?

3) Is there still horrible lag when using 'recents'?

Guest m@nish123

i am user of clone mmx nitro a310

i'm glad to see lots of development already done

and my xda id is [email protected] can contact me

i want to know..is anybody has kernel source jb or kk..if yes do share me

also want to know...is there any fix for color os 2 whatsapp force close