Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

Guest elaadhn

I have the imei, and sims are working fine. calls can be accepted. but nothing else. just the pin lock screen. 

and yes I know how to flash roms and gapps...

seems only official roms are working for now (too Chinese for me...). 

Guest corvettec3

Hi, I've 018 official kitkat rom ( I replaced stock recovery with twrp 2.6.0 before I flashed it with YGDP). But my phone is unroot. I tried to install SuperSU by twrp recovery, my phone is always unroot. When I open SuperSu, it says that "there is no SU binary installed and SuperSU cannot install it.You need to manually re-root". what can I do? thanks

Edited by corvettec3

Guest Gandri Gustiano

Hi, I've 018 official kitkat rom ( I replaced stock recovery with twrp 2.6.0 before I flashed it with YGDP). But my phone is unroot. I tried to install SuperSU, but it says that "there is no SU binary installed and SuperSU cannot install it.You need to manually re-root". what can I do? thanks

Try flash supersu.zip on recovery. You should googling on that file.

Guest mindtrapper

Anyone could tell from this logcat why the device would freeze and do a soft a reboot a little while after entering Android? Must be an app I have or something cause this is 4.4 Laek v4 with v3 kernel and I had the same thing happen in PURE AOSP v2 Jonzalvo...

logcat.zip

Guest korekore1

Anyone could tell from this logcat why the device would freeze and do a soft a reboot a little while after entering Android? Must be an app I have or something cause this is 4.4 Laek v4 with v3 kernel and I had the same thing happen in PURE AOSP v2 Jonzalvo...

attachicon.giflogcat.zip

have you manually edited any system file or flashed any homemade update.zip file?I also had this behavior on a310 when i tried system edits after flashing the rom.It seems like some roms don't like system edits at all.Now i do all my edits to the .zip before i flash the rom and i have no problems.

I even had triple reboots (with a freeze before each reboot ) every time i rebooted the phone.After that android loaded normally.Until the next reboot!

Edited by korekore1

Guest elaadhn

Thanks iv'e seen that, but the phone wont connect properly to a pc in this locked mode, and installing the app remotely is also an issue. 

anyway I installed the A310 micromax rom by Laek.17, it also works ok. so I really don't what the hell the issue is. i'm afraid to restore the device ID with titanium in case it will lock me out again. 

as for the rom, 

it is great battery wise, but pretty crappy for everything else - 

incoming calls dont turn on the screen/long delay to show screen. 

Bluetooth dosent turn on at all

lock screen is annoying.

auto brightness is terrible. 

on the plus side, it dosent have the annoying speaker boost from level 0 like in Laek aosp v3/4.

any reccomendations on a good KK rom that's multilanguage? (nexus, AOSP by Laek dont work). 

Guest korekore1

Thanks iv'e seen that, but the phone wont connect properly to a pc in this locked mode, and installing the app remotely is also an issue.

anyway I installed the A310 micromax rom by Laek.17, it also works ok. so I really don't what the hell the issue is. i'm afraid to restore the device ID with titanium in case it will lock me out again.

as for the rom,

it is great battery wise, but pretty crappy for everything else -

incoming calls dont turn on the screen/long delay to show screen.

Bluetooth dosent turn on at all

lock screen is annoying.

auto brightness is terrible.

on the plus side, it dosent have the annoying speaker boost from level 0 like in Laek aosp v3/4.

any reccomendations on a good KK rom that's multilanguage? (nexus, AOSP by Laek dont work).

a310 decrappified is good Edited by korekore1

Guest userDJJ

Coolpad8297W_4.42_018_Stable_11.07_htfy.zip (it is atx relase od coollui rom, rooted, without gapps), had to clean some useless  chinese junk app (+20) and turn off AV realtime scan.Will test battery life, with aosp 4.4.2 batery would last approximate 3 days.

antutu 5.2 score is 30828 (for 3d: 6473), wifi signal is great, much better as in  aosp 4.2.2 & aosp 4.4.2

aosp 4.2.2

http://www.needrom.com/download/coolpad-f1-8297w-pure-aosp/

http://www.needrom.com/download/coolpad-f1-8297w-aosp/

aosp 4.4.2

http://www.needrom.com/download/aosp-v4-laek-17-kitkat-repack-v3-kernel/

I was getting 24 mbps in aosp 4.2.2, 36 mbps in aosp 4.4.2, with this rom 54 mbps - tested in the same location.

Edited by userDJJ

Guest slime00

something weird happened this morning (maybe it happened to some other user before, if I remember right). This night I switched off the phone and put it in charge. After a few hours it was charged (green light) and so I unplugged it and went to sleep (it was switched off). I use the option of auto power on at 7 o'clock, i woke up after half an hour and the phone was normally on, but the battery was down to 30-35% and the screen had a sort of circular white halo (similar to power leaks, with little flickering in the part where it is) around the corners of the screen.  I have a bad feeling about this, but I'll wait a couple of charge/discharge cycles and a flash with flashing tool afterwards, if nothing changes then I'll consider to send it back to china or to buy a screen+digitalizer and try to fix it here!

I had a display problem when I originally received my phone.

It seemed to be due to an inadequately charged battery.

A fully charge cycle rectified it.

I've seen other anecdotal reports of similar screen flickering/glitches with an inadequately charged battery.

Try a good charge cycle again and see what happens.

Hope this helps.

Guest corvettec3

Try flash supersu.zip on recovery. You should googling on that file.

I did it but nothing.

Hi, I've 018 official kitkat rom ( I replaced stock recovery with twrp 2.6.0 before I flashed it with YGDP). But my phone is unroot. I tried to install SuperSU by twrp recovery, my phone is always unroot. When I open SuperSu, it says that "there is no SU binary installed and SuperSU cannot install it.You need to manually re-root". what can I do? thanks

Guest korekore1

I had a display problem when I originally received my phone.

It seemed to be due to an inadequately charged battery.

A fully charge cycle rectified it.

I've seen other anecdotal reports of similar screen flickering/glitches with an inadequately charged battery.

Try a good charge cycle again and see what happens.

Hope this helps.

i also had that.It was fixed with proper battery calibration.

it is commonly recommended to calibrate the battery with every new rom installation,something that is usually forgotten by frequent flashers..!

Guest slime00

I have jonzalvo for a while now, the only ROM I tried some days ago was the Coolui (just for a few minutes), and then switched back to my backup of the pure aosp, I should have calibrated it again it seems! Thank you very much for your support guys, now it seems it's slowly fading away while the battery is properly charging (now only visible with maximum light screen), when it finishes I'll discharge it all and do a proper calibration :)

Guest mindtrapper

have you manually edited any system file or flashed any homemade update.zip file?I also had this behavior on a310 when i tried system edits after flashing the rom.It seems like some roms don't like system edits at all.Now i do all my edits to the .zip before i flash the rom and i have no problems.

I even had triple reboots (with a freeze before each reboot ) every time i rebooted the phone.After that android loaded normally.Until the next reboot!

Yeah, I guess I have tinkered a bit... I will try a permissions fix from cwm and then an edited Rom zip, thanks!

Guest Milanche78

something weird happened this morning (maybe it happened to some other user before, if I remember right). This night I switched off the phone and put it in charge. After a few hours it was charged (green light) and so I unplugged it and went to sleep (it was switched off). I use the option of auto power on at 7 o'clock, i woke up after half an hour and the phone was normally on, but the battery was down to 30-35% and the screen had a sort of circular white halo (similar to power leaks, with little flickering in the part where it is) around the corners of the screen.  I have a bad feeling about this, but I'll wait a couple of charge/discharge cycles and a flash with flashing tool afterwards, if nothing changes then I'll consider to send it back to china or to buy a screen+digitalizer and try to fix it here!

I think I had similar problem, I put the phone on charge during the night, it turned off itself at midnight and I unplugged it around 5am, its been a little bit longer on the charger and I could see a white circle, i havent noticed anything else, the circle itself was enough for me to ruin the day. I wasnt able to make a photo of it. When I got home a few hours later it was gone. I was on Jonsalvo pure aosp rom.

And it looked like this only more pale

post-1046155-0-61112700-1416322624_thumb

i also had that.It was fixed with proper battery calibration.

it is commonly recommended to calibrate the battery with every new rom installation,something that is usually forgotten by frequent flashers..!

I never calibrated the battery - I just charged it fully.

I thought that many calibration approaches were useless/placebo?

Guest mindtrapper

Perhaps there is a piece of metal underneath the screen that gets hot when charging and affects the screen? I have never opened an F1 to see if that's true but it sounds like a plausible explanation to me. Maybe bad quality charger that keeps on after the charge is complete and constantly trickle charges the phone?

Guest slime00

I think I had similar problem, I put the phone on charge during the night, it turned off itself at midnight and I unplugged it around 5am, its been a little bit longer on the charger and I could see a white circle, i havent noticed anything else, the circle itself was enough for me to ruin the day. I wasnt able to make a photo of it. When I got home a few hours later it was gone. I was on Jonsalvo pure aosp rom.

And it looked like this only more pale

yes, it was very similar, but it arrived also where the "battery" option of that menu is! Now it seems everything is back to normal, after flashing countless roms in different mobiles, this is the first time it happened!

Edited by slime00

Guest korekore1

Yeah, I guess I have tinkered a bit... I will try a permissions fix from cwm and then an edited Rom zip, thanks!

let me know how fix permissions went,i also forgot that issue and tweaked some system files yesterday and now i have the double/triple reboots issue but i don't want to flash the rom again..!

Guest miky_maus

Regards, i have a coolpad 8297 and i flashed them with needroom Samsung note 3 and after that i dont have a IMEI....

i try a several option from modaco and from other forum, and dont work...

at the and i was see that version od mobile is TD-scdma/gsm...

i dont have any prevoius backup (nvram, rom etc)

moze i na hrvatskom odgovor ;)

a2oh4JQ.jpg

Edited by miky_maus