Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

Guest mixanikosgr

If you are after a good sound, funtouch OS impressed me the most

I totally agree with you.

Funtouch OS has the second best sound (for me gionnee has the best sound, but it is a not working rom).

Did you try any of the latest 1.27?

@slime00 I tested it only with one sim card, and wiped cache and dalvik again but no luck, incoming call crashes again

Guest m@nish123

hey guys there is one rom called as DIDO OS 4 BASED ON KK

ONLY ONE DEVICE HAS KOOBEE MAX 3....IF ANYONE CAN SEARCH AND PORT FOR COOLPAD F1 ...IT WILL BE AWESOME

small OT: dakok, do you know something about the lenovo note8 with mt6795? I was looking some videos on youtube and found a short video about it from telekineza channel... the price seems shocking for such a soc, do you have some news on how it performs? 

Here is an article (in croatian) about it. I guess it will be one of best selling 6-inchers for some time. :)

Better news is that Meizu prepares a sub $160 4.6" phone with the same SOC - MTK6752...

Edited by dakok

so i installed the micromax a310 stock firmware from one of these comments, 023.p0.140703, and i'm really impressed, there's a lot of cruft, but it works better than any other kk rom i've tried. so i'm sticking with that from now on i think.

edit: hmm, although i thought i was using this, so not sure why the version is different

here is a working link a310 v2  (4.4.031.P0.141015.8297W_I01.CPB) (795M)

https://drive.google.com/uc?id=0B63_iHv888cbdFh2ZzVsT2VZNzg

Haven't tested it,test at your own risk!

don't flash directly,it needs the phone.info/paramers edit before flashing with YGDP

edit: hmm the kernel build date matches that rom, so i guess they didn't change build.prop or something

Edited by Guest

Guest Arpione

From what I've gathered from around the internet it seems Micromax launches a new phone with CM, so it all depends on the type of SoC in it. I doubt they'll port CM to their older models like the A310, but I hope they'll prove me wrong :)

Edited by Arpione

Guest slime00

Here is an article (in croatian) about it. I guess it will be one of best selling 6-inchers for some time. :)

Better news is that Meizu prepares a sub $160 4.6" phone with the same SOC - MTK6752...

That's incredibile, how such a new soc can be so cheap? It also has the 64 bit support which the mt6595 lacks, i wonder if performance-wise there are substantial differences between the two (and considering that lollipop has some features for 64 bit SOCs and next releases will focus on them more and more), i believe this 6795 could "kill" his big brother before his glory days even start (right now it only showed in a handful of devices), especially if the performance difference will not be that relevant (our 6592 is still powerful and the main bottleneck from now on will be the gpu, so if this new mali is really much powerful it could also serve well avid gamers). Not being a gamer I'm fine with the F1, but I don't know if I could resist to a new updated version with this soc and some more hardware updates at the very same price (which could be pretty doable, seeing the price of this soc) :D

Guest slime00

Wow, so many 5.5+ phones! I hope 5 inch phones don't end like 4.5, for me the size of our f1 is at the limit! (well, a borderless phone with the same size could reach the 5.2-5.5 size, this would be the only way I could switch to a superior screen size!) 

Guest Mouratti

There any lolipoop rom for our phones?

Remain the same questions, best rom for this device.

I use leak v.1 and works good, anyone recomend a better one for cristhmas :)

Guest thehobit

Hi Guys, 

First, i'd like to send my thanks for all the updates and hard work, I really appreciate it (esp. Dadok :-) )

I have a weird problem i can't solve. 

I entered a new 2nd sim. at boot up the phoned is locked and requests "PIN - please enter the privacy protection password to unlock". 

I can't get around it no matter what I try. 

I tried restarting. 

no sims.

switching sims. 

diffrent unlocking apps.

locking and password change via the android device manager

I don't have any 

No matter how many times I try , after 5 tries it just waits the 30 sec and let's me try again. no 'forgot password' or anything else. 

questions is what else to do, other than flash a new rom? (currently on Laek.17 V4 repack).  I wouldn't mind flashing, but I dont have an updated Titanium backup...

Anyone can recall what was the solution eventually?

My F1 is stuck with the same message "please enter the privacy protection password to unlock".

It happened after using a different SIM.

Just in case it's again IMEI problem, I restored old NVRAM i had using TRWP 2.7. It did not help. Phone is locked.

Any idea would be highly appreciated.

Guest thehobit

Use another ROM/phone to disable SIM PIN locking on the SIM?

See the first post in this thread.

Thanks, neither of the two SIM's is locked.

The phone is locked even if there are no SIM's installed.

It did happen with the same ROM that "elaadhn" used, leak V4, with Vs kernel. Great ROM overall, but this is a nasty one.

Anyone can recall what was the solution eventually?

My F1 is stuck with the same message "please enter the privacy protection password to unlock".

It happened after using a different SIM.

Just in case it's again IMEI problem, I restored old NVRAM i had using TRWP 2.7. It did not help. Phone is locked.

Any idea would be highly appreciated.

Did you make NVRAM backup before flashing Laek's or any other 4.4.x ROM?

I think it must be somewhere in NVRAM.

So far the only advice is to flash any 4.2.2 ROM or still dig into NVRAM.

Btw. did anyone try stock (or any custom) ROM based on TD-SCDMA 4.4.2 041?

Any improvements (besides info from stock ROM Changelog) since previous versions?

OT: Did anyone thought about building AOSP 4.3 on top of stock kernel from 4.2.2 041?

IMO, it should be possible as differences & dependencies of 4.2.x vs 4.3 are not big.

Edited by xeros2

Guest sumitstephen

Using Miui 4.8.31 android 4.2.2 (found the best among other miui variants for my micromax A310) by Slyder. Battery life is also more than average. 

the only "problem i m facing is audio in Whatsapp". When i play an audio on whatsapp it plays in a distorted buzzy sound. Anybody else have or had this issue.

Already tried wiping cache and formatting stuff.

Please suggest any fix.

Also suggest any Rom if available with miui features like the Music player, Security panel, WSM tools, customisable volume rockers ,coolpad camera with pre setting like (beautified,face preffered,smile shot,trajectory shot, panorama, pip, audio photo ,dim-light shot, hdr,and gif) and of-course miui theme support.

Guest thehobit

Did you make NVRAM backup before flashing Laek's or any other 4.4.x ROM?

I think it must be somewhere in NVRAM.

So far the only advice is to flash any 4.2.2 ROM or still dig into NVRAM.

Btw. did anyone try stock (or any custom) ROM based on TD-SCDMA 4.4.2 041?

Any improvements (besides info from stock ROM Changelog) since previous versions?

OT: Did anyone thought about building AOSP 4.3 on top of stock kernel from 4.2.2 041?

IMO, it should be possible as differences & dependencies of 4.2.x vs 4.3 are not big.

Thanks xeros2, 4.2.2 does resolve the specific issue of locking. Although, difficult to give up the excellent ROM of Leak.

It may well be that the solution is related to tweaking the NVRAM. Any suggestion is welcomed.

Guest sumitstephen

Using Miui 4.8.31 android 4.2.2 (found the best among other miui variants for my micromax A310) by Slyder. Battery life is also more than average. 

the only "problem i m facing is audio in Whatsapp". When i play an audio on whatsapp it plays in a distorted buzzy sound. Anybody else have or had this issue.

Already tried wiping cache and formatting stuff.

Please suggest any fix.

Also suggest any Rom if available with miui features like the Music player, Security panel, WSM tools, customisable volume rockers ,coolpad camera with pre setting like (beautified,face preffered,smile shot,trajectory shot, panorama, pip, audio photo ,dim-light shot, hdr,and gif) and of-course miui theme support.

Please someone Reply to this post........