Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

Guest proximas7

Hey there, you may smile now :)

I had just about the same problem. My phone (actually a Chinese tab) kept sending me the whole "My phone may be stolen..." sms msg. I finally realized (thank  GOD!) after about a month that it was because I had activated an awesome anti-theft feature in Kit Kat. I failed to remember that the device had sent me a text with all the relevant codes, the day the feature was activated. For my device, the following was what I did to get back in:

1. text "#mima#" (without the quotation marks) to the same number you are getting the "My phone may be stolen..."  Chinese text messages from.
  2. Wait...and after a few minutes (depending on your mobile provider), you should get a text message with the "password" to get back into your device.
  3. simply enter the "new found password" into that "stubborn" lockscreen and voila! Hello Momma! You are back in!!! Just that simple :)

If for some whatever reason this does not work, then you'd need to go back to all your text messages sent by your device. The very first one (hopefully you didn't delete it) should hold the answer to all your problems. Copy/paste the entire text in Google Translate to unveil the hidden secrets :)

IMPORTANT TO REMEMBER: prepare for your device to enter the "stolen" state (I.e. lock itself) each time you take out the original sim card. But simply punch in that same password and it should let you back in :)

ALSO: DONT even bother with a factory reset...it's an exercise in futility. It won't solve your problem.

GOD Bless!

...oops! please pardon me, this my first time here. I might have posted in the wrong area :unsure:

Edited by proximas7

I know about that, but some members have complained that their rom with f1 does not work on a310.

though it was some not all..and i more thing, you dont need to raise yr font..i still can read in normal font..got it? :p

Guest Mr.Markos

I have a question about the lockscreen with Coolpads. I actually have a Coolpad F2 but I guess it works the same. I want to disable the lockscreen of CoolShow because I would like to use LockerPro. I can change the type of lockscreen in CoolShow (sunshine, wave, ring, zipper) but I can't find an option to disable it (if I use LockerPro I need to unlock LockerPro first, then unlock CoolShow and then enter my lock pattern) Do you know if there is a solution for this?

Settings, security, lockscreen, none

Or something like that?

BTW how is f2 like?

Are you satisfied? Did you try some of

Yureka phone roms like cm11 or PACman?

Guest Mr.Markos

Settings, security, lockscreen, none

Or something like that?

BTW how is f2 like?

Are you satisfied? Did you try some of

Yureka phone roms like cm11 or PACman?

Unfortunately not there, because I do want to use the pattern unlock. But before you get the pattern unlock, you first need to swipe to get there (I hope it is still clear what I mean haha)

I like the F2 quite good (I have the version with MSM8939) but I am having some software difficulties. There isn't a lot information about this phone, I only found movilesdualsim.com and they only read Spanish so that slows the process a bit down (they are active however, so that's nice). I'm going to write a full review (build quality, camera quality, software, maybe some internal pictures, some guides in English how to install/fix a few problems and I'll provide a coupon code for people who want to order one too)

I think I only need to fix one last problem, and that's my problems with Xposed Framework. I have to use 2.4.1 otherwise I will have WiFi disconnections (a lot) and slow keyboard respons (when switching from alphabetic to numeric) And I need a newer version of Xposed otherwise my modules won't work.

Does this Xposed Framework sound familiar to you Coolpad users? Or might know a (possible) fix for it?

Guest 77chedu

Unfortunately not there, because I do want to use the pattern unlock. But before you get the pattern unlock, you first need to swipe to get there (I hope it is still clear what I mean haha)

I like the F2 quite good (I have the version with MSM8939) but I am having some software difficulties. There isn't a lot information about this phone, I only found movilesdualsim.com and they only read Spanish so that slows the process a bit down (they are active however, so that's nice). I'm going to write a full review (build quality, camera quality, software, maybe some internal pictures, some guides in English how to install/fix a few problems and I'll provide a coupon code for people who want to order one too)

I think I only need to fix one last problem, and that's my problems with Xposed Framework. I have to use 2.4.1 otherwise I will have WiFi disconnections (a lot) and slow keyboard respons (when switching from alphabetic to numeric) And I need a newer version of Xposed otherwise my modules won't work.

Does this Xposed Framework sound familiar to you Coolpad users? Or might know a (possible) fix for it?

What Xancin is doing over at movilesdualsim with the F2 is truly remarkable. I wish we had someone like him for our phone, instead of the endless stream of roms that come out for the F1

Just use google translate or any other online tool available to read the forum's content. If you want to post something, ask in english and paste the translation below. I'm sure someone will chime in if the translation is not quite right to help you out

Guest Mr.Markos

What Xancin is doing over at movilesdualsim with the F2 is truly remarkable. I wish we had someone like him for our phone, instead of the endless stream of roms that come out for the F1

Just use google translate or any other online tool available to read the forum's content. If you want to post something, ask in english and paste the translation below. I'm sure someone will chime in if the translation is not quite right to help you out

I'm already doing that ;) I'm the dude who ask everything in English and Spanish at the same time. But because google translate sometimes make strange translations (especially in the guides) it slows down the process.

@Mr.Markos is think you have on Xda all about Yureka wich is a clone of F2.. In english.. :)

I haven't checked the Yureka out for a few weeks now, but at first there were some problems porting it to Coolpad or something (I didn't understand it back then, because I thought they were 100% identically) But I read about this at movilesdualsim because there was more information there back then than on xda (but the Spanish translation wasn't clear everywhere) But you are right, I should check that out again.

Coolpad official respond on coolreaper matter

Yikes!!!!  :o

After we were aware of the matter, we quickly carried out some internal actions, punishing those responsible. 

The Coolpad F1 program manager yesterday...

300_tank.jpg

:blush:

Guest johnickz

Now I understand why I had those weird advertisments when I had official CoolUI on my phone before some months.

Every morning, a brand new Chinese advertisment and I had remove all the junk from the phone.

I was gone crazy that days. Dat Coolpad..