Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

Guest pepe93

I use a tweaked app from miui forum, i will try, thanks..

Edit: Pepe93 you are the man.. Is work finnaly on Maucat AOSP.. I install this old one from you and pair the Band after that i install the tweaked version all works.. Thanx again mate.. :)

I'm glad it worked for you! ;)

Guest matejsolid

I have really annoying problem with extreme lagging on xtreme vanilla aosp.
Coolpad F1 works really smoth 80 % of time,then lets say I leave him idle 30 minutes and get notification,first it starts with some lagging then lagg and freezing is unbearable to the point I have to remove battery and reinsert it and then works good until point where it starts with lagg to the status of unusuable.

Can Greenify cause this or something else ?

Guest matejsolid

greenify is for cr**py phones with slow soc and 512mb-1gb ram, our phone doesn't need it :D removing it should only be good!

So I did it,will see now.

Any better app for hibernating unwanted apps ?

Edited by matejsolid

Guest korekore1

i uninstallled it when i found out it was responsible for the freezes and the reboots.But vanilla 3 lags a bit nevertheless.I m sure there is some other similar app but i haven't searched.If you find one post it here!

Guest dmrtn

greenify is for cr**py phones with slow soc and 512mb-1gb ram, our phone doesn't need it :D removing it should only be good!

I thought it was more for battery saving than RAM freeing?

Guest dalyer

Why not just use something simple like Root App Delete if you want to completely disable (or eventually delete) apps?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=zsj.android.systemappremover&hl=en

You can run it in "Junior" mode to disable system or user apps.

If there are no problems and you don't need the apps in question then you can re-enable them go back into "Pro" mode and delete them.

Obviously backing up before removing anything for good is a good idea.

Of course there are lots of other similar apps but I always found this one useful.

Guest dmrtn

Why not just use something simple like Root App Delete if you want to completely disable (or eventually delete) apps?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=zsj.android.systemappremover&hl=en

You can run it in "Junior" mode to disable system or user apps.

If there are no problems and you don't need the apps in question then you can re-enable them go back into "Pro" mode and delete them.

Obviously backing up before removing anything for good is a good idea.

Of course there are lots of other similar apps but I always found this one useful.

Specifically I use Greenify for hibernating news, weather or podcast apps etc that run in RAM constantly. I don't want them to update/run unless I tell them to but I find a lot of apps don't give me the option of that so I do it this way. Also, I thought that hibernating these would reduce their battery consumption. Is any of that true?

Guest dalyer

I understood freezing to mean disabling an app altogether without uninstalling it.

I guess that there may be other definitions.

I liked this one... :D

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=18731880&postcount=7

You mean disabling it until you explicitly manually run it?

I think you may be battling with the built-in Android memory management so and this may not be a great idea?

Guest dmrtn

I understood freezing to mean disabling an app altogether without uninstalling it.

I guess that there may be other definitions.

I liked this one... :D

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=18731880&postcount=7

You mean disabling it until you explicitly manually run it?

I think you may be battling with the built-in Android memory management so and this may not be a great idea?

Well, the way I understood Greenify to work was, in a simplistic way, to move an app from the "Running" screen in your app list, to the Sleeping or Hibernating screen. Move it out of the live RAM but keep it in the cache memory (I don't know if my terms are right here)

For example, I like Antennapod for podcasts but it stays in RAM all the time, which is completely unnecessary. So I put it to sleep until I open the app.

I understood that this would save the battery a little. I mean this is more obviously useful in a Samsung phone where there are lots of Samsung apps running constantly all causing a little battery drain. Whether it's worth it when you're running something close to AOSP is debatable I guess.

Guest dalyer

As ever if you want to see where your battery is being used then there are a wealth of apps available to check this and for wakelocks etc.

E.g. BetterBatteryStats, WakelockDetector, Gsam Battery Monitor etc.

Guest EvilSeamanRuby

Can someone suggest a rom with few bloatware apps in it. Ive just dloaded vibe ui but its overrun. Is there a separate gapps file to flash with it?

Guest EvilSeamanRuby

Did that,the file is empty for the 4.4.2 gapps link.

Its vibe ui 2.0 v1451 with a root file

Edited by EvilSeamanRuby

Guest dakok

New FIUI for F1 WCDMA is out

Lenovo Lemon K3 Note rom is out - for TD phones (patch needed)

Different SoC, 5.0 too???

It's from F1 topic at MIUI forum - check it before flashing, might be wrong rom!!!

172902v71x75hp3p673ti5.jpg

Edited by dakok

Guest slime00

hmm, quite strange! Pretty sure they made a mistake!

By the way, it seems this FIUI is based on Cyanogen, might be good!

Edited by slime00

Guest slime00

yes, but since it's based on Cyano (which is still not working properly for our device) and made by some chinese dev (we know they are not very fond on testing their roms before releasing) I'll leave the honor to someone else :D

Guest razorinc

I tried on few hours, still not for daily use... but for sure in the future it would be great rom if all the problems are solved. I really like its simplicity and smoothness.