Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

Guest Stelios Topuzis

Hello everyone.

I try today to update my Coolpad 8297w with the recomented update from the wireless update.

I have the 036 version and this is the 039 version.

After the restart im getting an error at the CP_CoolMap.odex file, and the update is cancelling.

Anyone know what is the problem ???

Thank you in advange.

If you dare, try first :D or you dakok. I don't have nuts to do that now lol (But downloading, thanks!)

Sorry, no nuts until Monday.

Having fun on island Hvar now. :D

Guest jakethedooggg

Sorry, no nuts until Monday.

Having fun on island Hvar now. :D

Yeah! have fun! [emoji2] Btw I'll try to port a KK ROM, a Nibiru H1 one, as I've seen the S5 ROM is ported from Nibiru, so maybe it'll work idk. But wish I had another coolpad for testing roms...

Guest jakethedooggg

Kitkat Screen Shots...

Thanks! does it worked well? the flashable zip and all the stuff? you still have the recovery? How's the storage in that KK ROM (if it's emulated or not, or a partition...)?

Sorry too much questions :D

Edited by jakethedooggg

Guest jakethedooggg

Where we can download TWRP recovery 2.7? I'm going to try to flash G4S one.. lets see if it works.

Edit: It doesn't. Now I have a little that says "->Factory Mode" when I boot the phone [emoji53]

Edited by jakethedooggg

Guest jakethedooggg

Okay, gonna flash it now!!! I made a needrom post to share it! thanks @borsosg @jay0ind @pletko !  ^_^  :)  :D

Before all, need to know if the storage works same as the Pure AOSP rom! I list my internal when I flashed the v39 ATX and with it my backup ._. and also if the recovery stays same. I have the TWRP 2.4.4 right now, what's yours?

Edited by jakethedooggg

Guest pletko

storage works fine, dunno which it is, i just flashed one of the old ones when i finally managed to root it

anyway, there is a nexus 5 version of 4.4. on baidu cloud

http://pan.baidu.com/s/1gdzgznl#dir/path=%2F%E9%85%B7%E6%B4%BE%E5%A4%A7%E7%A5%9EF1%E8%81%94%E9%80%9A%E7%89%88-8297w%E7%AC%AC%E4%B8%89%E6%96%B9ROM%E6%B1%87%E6%80%BB

this is gonna be a looong day :)

Guest slime00

wow, I miss two days and I find kitkat, nice! :D
I wonder what happened with the taiwanese AOSP! Some impressions about this kk rom?

pletko, what's the password of that archive?

Guest jakethedooggg

Didn't come it with root? hahah if not how did you root it? Seems that Nexus 5 one is 4.2.2 :)

wow, I miss two days and I find kitkat, nice!  :D
I wonder what happened with the taiwanese AOSP! Some impressions about this kk rom?

pletko, what's the password of that archive?

Welcome back slime! the password is the same as the OP one: zbrn :)

Edited by jakethedooggg

Guest pletko

Didn't come it with root? hahah if not how did you root it? Seems that Nexus 5 one is 4.2.2 

i made the mistake of updating and had to jump through hoops for a month until i managed to revert the rom to previous version so i could root it.

anyway, it's downloaded and i'm gonna try it. will report back here which version it is.

Guest jakethedooggg

i made the mistake of updating and had to jump through hoops for a month until i managed to revert the rom to previous version so i could root it.

anyway, it's downloaded and i'm gonna try it. will report back here which version it is.

Which rom you had to revert? the KK one? mmmm there's another way to root it though

Guest slime00

thank you jake! :)

I found this slightly modified 4.4 from our chinese "Dancing Apple" friend, it says it has root and is slightly better optimized and MAYBE it can be flashed via twrp 2.7! : http://bbs.ydss.cn/thread-460626-1-1.html

based on the first edition of 
authorization to join root 
patch is no longer needed 
to use TWRP 2.7 rec jiyou Note: 
brushing will prompt no root, do not control, direct power on Good 
to streamline the system to 479M 
loud sound optimization 
optimize boot speed 
on these bar 

download: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1dDreE9j

Guest jakethedooggg

thank you jake! :)

I found this slightly modified 4.4 from our chinese "Dancing Apple" friend, it says it has root and is slightly better optimized and MAYBE it can be flashed via twrp 2.7! : http://bbs.ydss.cn/thread-460626-1-1.html

download: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1dDreE9j

Your welcome! That's the rom we have! 

http://www.modaco.com/topic/372543-coolpad-f1-8297w-review-info-software-custom-roms/page-25#entry2223134

Thanks to borsosg that uploaded it :)

Edited by jakethedooggg

Guest jakethedooggg

it looks the same but ok, downloading

btw nexus5 rom IS 4.2, checked it now

It is actually, there's no more 4.4.2 roms yet  :D  but he says "TWRP 2.7" then tell me where te hell I download that recovery from. I only found the 2.4.4 and still didn't try the KK rom  :wacko: 

Guest jakethedooggg

i flashed it successfully with one of the older ones: CWM-based recvery v6.0.3.0 (compiled by Bruno Martins)

Okay, flashing right now with TWRP 2.4.4 after making 3 backups.  :( wish I don't regret that.

Wtf there's a big ass warning when it boots, seems it's working..

Edited by jakethedooggg

Guest pletko

ok i am now getting really frustrated with this piece of s*** chinese security app which doesn't let me start the launcher. how the hell am i supposed to do anything when it asks me all sorts of stuff and i cannot whitelist an app since i don't understand freaking chinese? 

damn it guys, at least translate the app to english before installing it.... if it's necesarry at all...

Guest jakethedooggg

Well well well it works, but now I can't reboot into recovery with Mobileuncle Tools. Pletko install SuperSU and update de binaries then you can delete that shitty chinese security app!

Mmmm error flashing gapps ._. how did you flash them pletko?

Edited by jakethedooggg