Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

Guest slime00

go and share everything you need friend, we are happy to help (and to be helped) :D

thanks to laek's rom, I discovered our phone has also blue led light :D His rom is maybe the best 4,4,2 out so far, the only thing i noticed (after being able to root it with that zip archive) is that even if you select sd card as default storage, apps which doesn't allow to choose where to save files will put them in internal storage, in jonzalvo's aosp 4.2 everything (apart the apks) was in sd card, i think it's the better solution for with a phone with 8gb (less than 6 available)

Edited by slime00

thanks to laek's rom, I discovered our phone has also blue led light :D

How did you got it flash blue?

I've tried some blinking apps, like LEDBLinker for example and they can only enable red or green LEDs (even after choosing any blue variants it's always red (on 4.2.2 AOSP).

Guest bore1989

Sorry, but anyone else have the problem of wrong battery charging animation when phone switched off? Or Am only I to have this problem?

I don't know why is that so important to you...why do you need to have your phone off while charging?

Guest slime00

How did you got it flash blue?
I've tried some blinking apps, like LEDBLinker for example and they can only enable red or green LEDs (even after choosing any blue variants it's always red (on 4.2.2 AOSP).

I did it simply flashing the rom, the green was replaced by blue :D green now appears when battery is charged.

After a few hours, I can say that the rom has a huge potential, for sure the best thing I tried after Jonzalvo's Pure, and it seems to produce less heat, at least for what I tried... Great Job Laek! :D

For v2, in order to help our laek, I start suggesting possible bugfixes. Right now that's what I found: 
- Fix Root (solved flashing that zip file I posted right after ROM flashing, if you include it in needrom you don't even need to watch for this! :) )
- Fix Storage (or give a patch to have both options available, since some users may still like to use internal storage with no sd)
- Fix headset button (it's dead both when answering and when shutting down the call)
- Fix debug USB (don't know if it's possible to try to leave it permanent, it disables itself when rebooting)
- Fix battery charging when shut down (for baldos81 :D )

The last two also affected pure AOSP, so let's see if laek can handle them, minor issues tho! :D
 Maybe, it could be useful for you if the Indonesian rom is taken as a base or to "steal" some parts (if the backup works, since I don't have twrp I can't try it) . Being an official rom developed by ingeneers for our device, those minor things (that sometimes are hard to set) are usually working in official releases. 
Again great work, so far for a v1 it seems a fantastic release! :D

I was bored a little and made another touch recovery for Coolpad F1  :D

CTR recovery for Coolpad F1

Awesome Dakok! :D do you think it's possible to translate the latest twrp that is available in all chinese forums? Do you know if  there is some language file that can be replaced or if an entire porting is necessary?

Edited by slime00

Awesome Dakok! :D do you think it's possible to translate the latest twrp that is available in all chinese forums? Do you know if  there is some language file that can be replaced or if an entire porting is necessary?

Do you have the link at hand? I think I saw somewhere a chinese tutorial that has info about switching languages in TWRP :D

Could you please show me output of:

adb shell "ls /sys/devices/platform/leds-mt65xx/leds/"

on those 4.4/4.4.2 ROMs?

On AOSP 4.2.2 there are only:

button-backlight, green, lcd-backlight & red, so it's not possible to control blue led on kernel level.

Btw. it's nice effect to enable both green+red leds - yellow/white light.

Edited by xeros2

Guest slime00

Could you please show me output of:

adb shell "ls /sys/devices/platform/leds-mt65xx/leds/"

on those 4.4/4.4.2 ROMs?

On AOSP 4.2.2 there are only:

button-backlight, green, lcd-backlight & red, so it's not possible to control blue led on kernel level.

Btw. it's nice effect to enable both green+red leds - yellow/white light.

i think only blue is the "extra color" available, there is blue folder, then the same others you named.

Guest jakethedooggg

I don't know but today at 12:43am my phone sent a message itself with some info including my phone model to someone or something whose number is: 01758305790. I have the latest HLS KK rom btw. The AOSP. Do this happened to someone too?

Guest jakethedooggg

hmm... change that rom!

I will, when laek update his ROM to the latest kernel :) ! It's weird, on that message only comes my IMEI and my phone model, nothing else. At least is only that...

I got an idea for changing TWRP UI from chinese to english from here

Unfortunately, our TWRP 2.7.0 doesn't have that dual interface

When I tap at RELOAD THEME - it does just that - it simply reloads :)

635398906917723415.jpg

don't jump to conclusions - image is from another recovery...

Guest laek.17

I will, when laek update his ROM to the latest kernel :) ! It's weird, on that message only comes my IMEI and my phone model, nothing else. At least is only that...

Where have you seen it? Like a sms?

Guest jakethedooggg

Where have you seen it? Like a sms?

Yep, I don't even know why, but the message appears as sent. And I don't remember using the phone at that time. And I never send sms, never. I'll stay in airplane mode tho :/

Guest laek.17

Yep, I don't even know why, but the message appears as sent. And I don't remember using the phone at that time. And I never send sms, never. I'll stay in airplane mode tho :/

Its strange, i have tested it and i haven't had this problem with sms...

I will upload tomorrow the v2, signal 3g wifi improved and fixed WiFi connection, the problem of battery when it is turned off i can't fix, sorry for my english

Edited by laek.17