Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

Hello all.I just finish installing laek.17 v3 ROM.Sound seems fine but i have a problem with mobile tethering.My other devices are connecting to the phone via WiFi but i can't connect to internet with my data .This happening only with the 4.4.2 rom's.With 4.2.2 wifi tethering working fine.any solution?

did you change the password in hotspot settings? every Rom flash it's different.

Edited by slime00

Milanche78, depends what do you need - google play is already there, but gmail, hangouts,... are not.

Good for me as I don't use those other google apps anyway and they can be installed from google play.

Guest matejsolid

@laek.17 I flashed extras for v2.1 version,could they be causing problem with notification not coming ( Facebook app and Messenger ) ? 
v2.1 version worked perfectly,tommorow I'll try without them ...

Or v3 comes with extras already packed in v3 rom and I didnt pay attention ? :O

matejsolid,

v3 comes with that extra things inside, but it shouldn't be much difference if you have flashed them after flashing v3.
Interesting is that I haven't had such notification issues on v2.1 - all of them worked fine & now I'm checking v3.

Edited by xeros2

Guest matejsolid

matejsolid,

v3 comes with that extra things inside, but it shouldn't be much difference if you have flashed them after flashing v3.

Interesting is that I haven't had such notification issues on v2.1 - all of them worked fine & now I'm checking v3.

I had problem on v2 version and with v2.1 version notification worked perfectly,no delay or missing notifications.

As I installed v3,I noticed notification issue again...

Maybe my problem is isolated,check out and report ! :)

Somebody recommended I should try Push Notificatio fix app,gonna try it tomorrow !

Edited by matejsolid

v3 brings 3D performance improvement! 

Probably it's because of new kernel from 4.4.2 021

(but SD performance is even lower - probably because of removed MTKTweak which was setting higher I/O buffers for mmcblk* via its init.d scripts - I will definitely do some more tests & try to make better script, comparable to AOSP 4.4.2 by jonzalvo).

Epic Citadel: 56.3 FPS (compared to 44.6-44.9 FPS on v2.1)

Tested few times with similar result and the same apps & configuration - flashed v3 with only wipe system, cache & dalvik-cache.

Guest korekore1

Hello all.I just finish installing laek.17 v3 ROM.Sound seems fine but i have a problem with mobile tethering.My other devices are connecting to the phone via WiFi but i can't connect to internet with my data .This happening only with the 4.4.2 rom's.With 4.2.2 wifi tethering working fine.any solution?

maybe you need to add your provider's apn manually

yep, it could be APN's problems!

something I just noticed checking Coolpad F2 on some Aliexpress stores, is that they also highlighted the fact the phone has 2gb LPDDR3 ram. So I went checking infos about our F1 and it seems our has a LPDDR2 ram (older gen). When comparing F2 to to F1, if I remember correctly this wasn't taken as a comparative element in most of the articles I've read, it's strange since it's (maybe) the only real improvement in performance!

It seems the F1 with snapdragon also uses LPDDR3, but not the watered-down one

Edited by slime00

Guest pestpony

I put  Coolpad8297W_041_lite_Rooted_0913 rom 

and there is still a problem I do not get the message from the bank and parking

is it something in the settings,does anyone know the solution

@rista1

Coolpad's rom has a little problem with the Bank sms if they come without number.

The solution: inside system/app look for CP_Mms.apk and CP_Mms.odex and change the extension (for example: CP_Mms.apkBCKUP and CP_Mms.odexBCKUP), and put inside the same folder another apk for sms (for example textra, handcent, yaata... take a look at Googleplay or at xda). Dont forget to change the permissions!: rw-r--r--

I think is important to remark that is not enough to use only another app for sms. If you want to receive the messages from the bank, you must eliminate/rename(better) CP_Mms.

Best regards,

pestpony

laek.17, another suggestion - please add ~1GB ZRAM - I have been using it on other phones (LG L3, Lenovo A850+ & our Coolpad F1 on AOSP 4.2.2 from jonzalvo).

Kernel supports it, so it's up to adding only script in /system/etc/init.d for that.

On our phones (and other MT6592) it makes even more sense, because it can be as fast as non-compressed RAM (taking into account that our phones can have spare one core for handling memory compression on-the-fly).

Btw. regarding APNs - yeah, I've seen quite many differences in APN lists between v2.1 & v3.

Edited by xeros2

ok i see many of us have problem with notifications on cool ui 41, what we need to do?? flash another rom or what? i realy like this cool rom and if somebody know how to fix this please tell me.. thx..

I already tried with download assistant - fail :)

Then tried with YGDP and it hangs at "Entering download mode"

The phone goes to the big green tick/checkmark

attachicon.gifflashfail.pngattachicon.gifflashfail2.png

Drivers and OS play the main part in successful flashing.

I installed drivers this way:

PDAnet

Coolpad-140208  

Vcom_Driver_Autoinstall - this one was the most important!

Drivers and OS play the main part in successful flashing.

I installed drivers this way:

PDAnet

Coolpad-140208  

Vcom_Driver_Autoinstall - this one was the most important!

Yep, I should have expected problems I'm on Windows Home Server 2011 at the moment :eek: 

I've been playing with latest kernel from 4.4.2 021 ("Linux localhost 3.4.67 #1 SMP PREEMPT Fri Sep 12 19:24:58 CST 2014 armv7l GNU/Linux") and I found something interesting:

root@Coolpad8297:/sys/bus/platform/devices/mt_usb/musb-hdrc.0/usb1 # cat product
MUSB HDRC host driver

root@Coolpad8297:/sys/bus/platform/devices/mt_usb/musb-hdrc.0/usb1 # cat bMaxPower
  0mA

root@Coolpad8297:/sys/bus/platform/devices/mt_usb/musb-hdrc.0/udc/musb-hdrc.0 # ls -l
-r--r--r-- root     root         4096 2014-09-16 02:33 a_alt_hnp_support
-r--r--r-- root     root         4096 2014-09-16 02:33 a_hnp_support
-r--r--r-- root     root         4096 2014-09-16 02:33 b_hnp_enable
-r-------- root     root         4096 2014-09-16 02:33 current_speed
lrwxrwxrwx root     root              2014-09-16 02:33 device -> ../../../musb-hdrc.0
-r--r--r-- root     root         4096 2014-09-16 02:33 is_a_peripheral
-r-------- root     root         4096 2014-09-16 02:33 is_dualspeed
-r--r--r-- root     root         4096 2014-09-16 02:33 is_otg
-r-------- root     root         4096 2014-09-16 02:33 maximum_speed
drwxr-xr-x root     root              2014-09-16 02:33 power
--w------- root     root         4096 2014-09-16 02:33 soft_connect
--w------- root     root         4096 2014-09-16 02:33 srp
lrwxrwxrwx root     root              2014-09-16 02:33 subsystem -> ../../../../../../class/udc
-rw-r--r-- root     root         4096 2014-09-16 02:33 uevent

root@Coolpad8297:/sys/bus/platform/devices/mt_usb/musb-hdrc.0/udc/musb-hdrc.0 # cat is_otg

root@Coolpad8297:/sys/bus/platform/devices/mt_usb/musb-hdrc.0/udc/musb-hdrc.0 # cat maximum_speed
high-speed

I have started digging when I found in backup from AOSP 4.2.2 active line in vold.fstab:

dev_mount usbotg /mnt/usbotg auto /devices/platform/mt_usb

It looks to me that phone & kernel might be capable of USB OTG, but currently doesn't give any power on microUSB port (0mA).

I haven't found a way to switch it to be able to provide power on port (simply "echo 500mA > bMaxPower" doesn't work as this proc-file is read-only).

Subdirs "power" doesn't have anything, too.

I'm wondering if is it possible to provide power from phone or it needs separate power line provided.

Would anyone check if powered USB devices (which don't need power on USB port) or when providing power to device & phone with custom powered USB OTG cable work?

So far it looks like it should work (at least on kernel level, but having device discovered by kernel would be easy way to get it to userspace).

Btw. laek.17's ROM v3 seems to be very good. No problems so far (besides slow sdcard - tweaking buffer sizes helps a bit, but even after that it's still over 2.5 times slower than on 4.2.2).

Edited by xeros2

Loving Laek's V3

Am I missing capacitive button control somewhere? Can't find a way to turn the vibration off. Might have to echo it somewhere

Also, it'd be great if the 3dot button could be retasked as a recents button (as its labelled).

Loving Laek's V3

Am I missing capacitive button control somewhere? Can't find a way to turn the vibration off. Might have to echo it somewhere

Also, it'd be great if the 3dot button could be retasked as a recents button (as its labelled).

Guest jakethedooggg

The v3 for leak already release?

How can i config the viper4android? This solve anything about audio?

Yeah, and it's way better than v2.1! :) Viper is like an EQ, play with the options :D