Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

Guest jakethedooggg

Finally :D thanks Paul and Andy!

Now Dakok try to Make a topic for every tutorial and guide then they can be pinned so they will be easy to access :)

Edited by jakethedooggg

I settled for laek.17 v3.

Great battery life,great perfomance and lagg/bug free,no problem of any kind...

Second choice would be Baidu repack by Dakok,also great ROM if you like MIUI style ! ;)

link please.. i dont see it on needrom.. thx..

Its write that not yet updated!?

I think that's just a mistake.

Maybe he didn't update the description or something.

I asked about this earlier but didn't get an explanation.

But v3 is definitely up there.

Guest Mouratti

I install the V3 from leak.

This not have the MTK tweak app in settings?

Its already embbebed?

On Message setting, still have a bug unfortunatly service stop.

I cant sync my google calendar with my gmail, is a bug or missing something?

Edited by Mouratti

Guest Mouratti

i don't have that problem. try installing google calendar from play store

Yes i will try, but in calendar that came with room, dont appear the gmail to sync.

Will try and test, then reply

why do you keep mixing gmail sync with calendar sync? is there a special reason? on some roms my gmail was sycing just fine while i had problems with calendar sync. maybe check your sync options?

Are you sure that (a) the ROM download was intact and (b ) you did the necessary/recommended wipes and formats?

I would start again and make sure that both of these are OK.

Edited by dalyer

Guest korekore1

Failproof rom installation with CWM recovery (applied to TWRP too) :

1)Format your sd card on your pc with fat32 file system and default cluster size (to make sure that no system used files are left from previous installations)

2)Put only the rom zip in your sd card and put it back to the phone

3)Boot to recovery

4)Do the wipes (cache,data,dalvik,format system and if you want wipe battery stats too) then reboot recovery and do them again (sometimes wipes are not done properly due to recovery bugs) (Don't do Format Data in TWRP -> Wipes menu) (added by Dakok)

5)Flash the rom (install zip from sd card)

6)You want to be sure about rom installation?After rom finishes installation let it boot normally to android and then reboot to recovery again and flash the rom again without the wipes.

This is a failproof method to make sure that the rom is installed properly.

Bugs:Always remember to check the rom for bugs BEFORE restoring your apps with titanium backup or similar,and BEFORE adding xposed modules.Only then you can be sure that there is actually a bug in the rom and it is not your fault.

Edited by korekore1

v3 uploaded at needrom

I'm loving your ROM so far. Thanks laek.17 :)

Now that we've got our own subforum, perhaps you'd like to start a thread just for your ROM?

I'm struggling to find any problems to be honest. It's a good ROM for every day use. There are a couple of things I noticed :-

Messaging > Settings > Notifications = Force Close
Storage > Default > SD card = Reboot (First time)

com.system.analytics.cpa.service.MyService is issuing thousands of wake up alarms. I've no idea what this does but it seems unusual.

I'm struggling to find any problems to be honest. It's a good ROM for every day use. There are a couple of things I noticed :-

Messaging > Settings > Notifications = Force Close
Storage > Default > SD card = Reboot (First time)

for the first problem, you can replace your mms.apk with this http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2929393&d=1410194196

it also lights the screen when screen is off (a thing that didn't happen with the included sms app)

I don't think the second is a problem, since the first version didn't reboot and storage wasn't working properly,

Great rom so far, only missing proper headset button working and if camera quality could match the CoolUI one and we are near perfection!

I'm loving your ROM so far. Thanks laek.17 :)

Didn't you have a problem with Dolphin killing the battery and also not being able to disable haptic feedback/vibration on soft keys (?)?

Did you sort both of these out? 

Also - didn't you have trouble flashing stock 041 before a custom ROM in case that ensured the latest RIL/radio firmware etc.? Did you get around that too?

Edited by dalyer

Didn't you have a problem with Dolphin killing the battery and also not being able to disable haptic feedback/vibration on soft keys (?)?

Did you sort both of these out? 

Also - didn't you have trouble flashing stock 041 before a custom ROM in case that ensured the latest RIL/radio firmware etc.? Did you get around that too?

Re 041, I dropped an English recovery.img into the YGPD sub folder before connecting the coolpad so that sorted the root problem. I didnt find a way to disable haptic feedback from the capacitive buttons though. I got it nice and customised without bloat and the UI made a pleasant change from AOSP.

Thought I'd give Laek's V3 a bash though and have no complaints.

I'll try Dolphin again on it now...

Edit: Dolphin still pegs 7 out of 8 cores at 1664MHz with cpu usage at 72% :(  Perhaps someone who has a different rom installed could see if they get the same? I'm using trickser mod to read cpu activity. (Not for anything else).

Edited by tcpaulh

Guest mindtrapper

Re 041, I dropped an English recovery.img into the YGPD sub folder before connecting the coolpad so that sorted the root problem. I didnt find a way to disable haptic feedback from the capacitive buttons though. I got it nice and customised without bloat and the UI made a pleasant change from AOSP.

Edit: Dolphin still pegs 7 out of 8 cores at 1664MHz with cpu usage at 72% :(  Perhaps someone who has a different rom installed could see if they get the same? I'm using trickser mod to read cpu activity. (Not for anything else).

Would you mind detailing what you removed from official 041 to make it bloat free? So many Coolpad programs integrated everywhere... A list of apps that we can freeze would be awesome.

Edited by mindtrapper

Thanks for the feedback. :)