Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

There is the changelog of v3 ;)

Fixed charging animation (when is powered off)
Fixed sound, now is really high.
Removed battery percentage icon (you can add percentage in battery settings)
Updated Kernel to v021

Erm... One thing about v3. It doesn't seem like there's a bug with network and wifu signal. The signal itself seems to be poor in Croatia. I don't know if it's localized or not but i'm on one of the best covered providers in Croatia (advertised as best) and my phone keeps switching to edge from hsdpa

Yeah, I don't see the problem with signal on v3, but laek.17, would you update ROM base/kernel? The bug with screen rotation that stops working (brought by 021 update) is quite annoying (it happens more frequently now).

Other thing is that after 2-2,5 days uptime games start working a bit laggy (having "hickups" even that there's plenty of free memory). Haven't experienced such lags in UI or other apps.

Latest roms:

CoolUI 4.4 v023 custom rom releases:

ATX Team

Coolpad8297_023_Kitkat_lite_V7_0920

First Job / Liutao

Coolpad F1 8297w 023-4.4.2-9.20

[ROM][4.2.2] Lewa v144 by Lailai

Download

This week Lewa official highlights: 
Repair connection WIFI, frequent contacts FC issues
Repair part number attribution error (By xi_n, deciduous back crying 007) 

Call 
Repair connection WIFI, frequent contacts FC issues (By The Dance Ice jiayug369 fierce punishment days) 

Camera 
When repairing the camera viewfinder interface non-fullscreen, Pinch gesture adjust the focal length of the circle is not centered problems 

Desktop 
Repair download folder application recommended application, even now after the download is complete starter FC problems 
Repair repeatedly press the power button will appear more off select bomb box problems 

Variety Theme 
Repair application has a lock screen wallpaper theme and then apply the default theme, style lock screen does not restore the default lock screen problem 

Gadgets 
Repair for the first time into the radio, the pointer position display the wrong question 
Repair open flashlight, more than two consecutive lock screen, flashlight inconsistent with the actual state 

Model problem 
Repair [Great God F1 mobile version] WL ** point model name does not appear for Coolpad 8297 problem 

Modded Official development  9.19 
ROOT highest authority in the Security Center - Security - Authorization Management - -root-root privileges authorized management to open 
The theme of the fifth edition updated with the latest Lailai 
Replacing some incongruous icons, more beautiful 
Modify the default wallpaper with the lock screen wallpaper 
Join the unique power-saving technology, you can save about 20 percent
Modify the minimum brightness of 20, and then lower it buried the 
Modify the default software icon 3000, covering most of the software market icon, I originality 
The camera has improved image quality in low light does not focus the problem was finally resolved 
The signal has been strengthened 
Streamlining a lot of useless software, shipped deposit rate soared 
Streamlining under a lot of lib file, not a lack of functional 
Optimizing media scanning speed 
Optimization of photography, video features 
Improve jpg quality 100% 
Reduce the time to enter the dial pad 
After the Fix call black screen problem 
Increases reflect the sensitivity of the touch 
Unlock FPS 
Sony imaging engine 
Use Stagefright make videos and music faster 
Updated host advertising shielded code, shielding lot of advertising 
In a stable basis, to streamline a lot of useless system files 
Adding SDspeedfix script, optimize speed of sd card reader 

Guest Mouratti

Yeah, I don't see the problem with signal on v3, but laek.17, would you update ROM base/kernel? The bug with screen rotation that stops working (brought by 021 update) is quite annoying (it happens more frequently now).

Other thing is that after 2-2,5 days uptime games start working a bit laggy (having "hickups" even that there's plenty of free memory). Haven't experienced such lags in UI or other apps.

I notice the same...little lag in all

Guest Milanche78

I'd like to try coolUI 4.4 by atx

edit

And I did, everything in chineese + sim cards are not recognized, going back to laek17

Edited by Milanche78

My mistake + your mistake

• ATX release is not for WCDMA phones so you use Jonzalvo 3G fix or Xs patch
  • Every China rom has an English UI, find keyboard icon (or letter A icon, not sure) and switch from chinese to english

Yes, it is 

1. AOSP 4.4.2 update, uniform white style status bar 

2. default battery icon for digital power storage display

3. fix the problem, the default storage for the fuselage, connect the computer to the default MTP mode 

4. full ROOT privileges, can be arbitrarily delete system files 

5. Add flashlight, reservations Google service

ro.local.all.language=

en_US,fr_FR,it_IT,es_ES,de_DE,nl_NL,

cs_CZ,pl_PL,ja_JP,zh_TW,zh_CN,ru_RU,ko_KR,nb_NO,es_US,

da_DK,el_GR,tr_TR,pt_PT,pt_BR,rm_CH,sv_SE,bg_BG,ca_ES,

en_GB,fi_FI,hi_IN,hr_HR,hu_HU,in_ID,iw_IL,lt_LT,lv_LV,ro_RO,

sk_SK,sl_SI,sr_RS,uk_UA,vi_VN,tl_PH,ar_EG,fa_IR,th_TH,sw_TZ,

ms_MY,af_ZA,zu_ZA,am_ET,km_KH,my_MM,ur_PK,bn_IN

It has google apps, too

162404w1q9m5wqxu1ui2j8.jpg

Edited by dakok

If you find AOSP desktop boring, try this:

Install Holo launcher + Belle icon pack

Set it as default launcher, keep in memory and

while in appearance, set icon sizes to about 123, text to 11

Desktop

grid 5x4

Horizontal and vertical margin to Large

Elastic scrolling

Very nice :D

Screenshot_2014_09_21_21_25_55.jpg

Edited by dakok

If you find AOSP desktop boring, try this:

Install Holo launcher + Belle icon pack

Set it as default launcher, keep in memory and

while in appearance, set icon sizes to about 123, text to 11

Desktop

grid 5x4

Horizontal and vertical margin to Large

Elastic scrolling

Very nice :D

Screenshot_2014_09_21_21_25_55.jpg

What music widget is that?

very nice :D I use nova launcher prime + miui 5 icons pack with icons at 110%, it's also nice!

a friend of mine tried this app and told me it's great, don't know how it behaves with our device tho. ​http://themerapp.com/
Lynyrd  :wub:

Edited by slime00

My phone shut down tonight but when I connected it to charger it said it was at 20%. Still i had to charge it a bit until I could turn it on. I guess the battery stats are off but 20% seems a bit too much... And even if it were battery stats, it wouldn't show 20% as soon as I turned it on. Laek, any thoughts?

Guest matejsolid

My phone shut down tonight but when I connected it to charger it said it was at 20%. Still i had to charge it a bit until I could turn it on. I guess the battery stats are off but 20% seems a bit too much... And even if it were battery stats, it wouldn't show 20% as soon as I turned it on. Laek, any thoughts?

I had similiar problem.

It was odd I was watching YouTube videos and 1% battery drained for 15-20 minutes of watching.

I left on table with 20 % and when I returned 20 minutes later it was 2 %,something messed in battery reading ?

Guest korekore1

you need to calibrate your battery i think.Google it,there are some methods and apps.Try to wipe battery stats from recovery first,maybe that will fix it and you won't need to calibrate

unfortunately, i haven't found the option in my recovery. maybe i'll flash twrp today afternoon. can somebody confirm the battery stats wiping option existing in twrp recovery?

Guest korekore1

unfortunately, i haven't found the option in my recovery. maybe i'll flash twrp today afternoon. can somebody confirm the battery stats wiping option existing in twrp recovery?

I dont know about twrp,but its on advanced options in cwm